ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Presidential Election Thread presents: The Aftermath

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,647

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread presents: The Aftermath 

Post#541 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Shyt's really fcked up when I come to the Politics thread in order to escape the stress and angst of the Knicks' offseason threads.
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#542 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:52 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Shyt's really fcked up when I come to the Politics thread in order to escape the stress and angst of the Knicks' offseason threads.

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#543 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:59 pm

Trump shut down by PA courts again
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,311

Post#544 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:17 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Trump shut down by PA courts again

If only they cared about legal results instead of conducting a coup by PR.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,206

Post#545 » by aq_ua » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:35 am

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/23/gsa-acknowledges-biden-victory-kicking-off-transfer-of-power-439875

More than two weeks after clinching electoral victory, President-elect Joe Biden can finally start his formal transition to the White House.

The General Services Administration has formally acknowledged Biden as the apparent winner of the 2020 presidential election, allowing his team to get working on the logistics of the transition, with President Donald Trump announcing the move in a tweet on Monday evening. By law, the president-elect cannot access federal transition funds or contact federal agencies to plan staffing until the GSA recognizes him as the electoral winner.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,387

Post#546 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:48 am

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,311

Post#547 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:53 am

aq_ua wrote:https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/23/gsa-acknowledges-biden-victory-kicking-off-transfer-of-power-439875

More than two weeks after clinching electoral victory, President-elect Joe Biden can finally start his formal transition to the White House.

The General Services Administration has formally acknowledged Biden as the apparent winner of the 2020 presidential election, allowing his team to get working on the logistics of the transition, with President Donald Trump announcing the move in a tweet on Monday evening. By law, the president-elect cannot access federal transition funds or contact federal agencies to plan staffing until the GSA recognizes him as the electoral winner.

That sow like female getting fired any minute now.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#548 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:59 am

Wasn’t his one minor court victory there overturned? This puts his W-L record at something like 0-21?

Oh the winning! :lol:
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#549 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:04 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Wasn’t his one minor court victory there overturned? This puts his W-L record at something like 0-21?

Oh the winning! :lol:

The judge slammed their gavel and said "You're Overturned!"
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#550 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:34 am

OK, this election fraud monkey business is almost dead and soon buried and the transition has officially begun.

I'm assuming the next question will be: Is Trump going to pardon himself?

The answer: Yes

The outcome: It will get challenged in court and probably some time after he leaves the WH a new legal precedent will be set on whether a president can pardon themselves along with a possible definition of the allowable parameters for that if allowed.

The prosecution's argument: Conspiracy to commit crimes that are facilitated by a president who presupposes immunity due to their position should not be an institutional privilege of the presidency.

Additional scenarios and arguments: Should Trump resign in order to collect a pardon from Pence, then the argument will also be you cannot or should not be able to pardon co-conspirators. This may already be baked in to the case if Trump pardons Pence prior to resigning.

Upshot: There is likely a strong chance Trump's pardon of himself and even others will be nullified in court. The purpose of the pardon was not designed for the pardoner to also be the pardonee or for the pardoner to use those powers in order to willfully commit crimes without fear of punishment hence the need to set some constitutional guidelines that either make the pardon stand or be denied.

One thing that could happen IMO is a split verdict, i.e. a president may be able to pardon themselves but only for certain things that are considered too subjective to determine absolute guilt for while denying imnunity from certain provable offenses like treason or espionage.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#551 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:03 am

Trump "pardoning himself" won't stop the criminal prosecutions in NY.
Free Palestine
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#552 » by Oscirus » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:35 am

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#553 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:37 am

Staten Island or Long Island?

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#554 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:38 am

So where's douche bag BallSac been? I'm a little backed up.
Free Palestine
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#555 » by Phish Tank » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:40 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:So where's douche bag BallSac been? I'm a little backed up.

which team forum is the equivalent of Parler?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#556 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:41 am

Phish Tank wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:So where's douche bag BallSac been? I'm a little backed up.

which team forum is the equivalent of Parler?

The Indian Pacers?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#557 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:41 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Free Palestine
Jethrobodine123
Junior
And1: 464

Post#558 » by Jethrobodine123 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:58 pm

It's good to see the transition finally "officially" taking place.

However, we have to remind ourselves that the Republican party would have been just fine with Trump stealing the election and subverting democracy. Just think about that for a second. That's just utterly amazing really. Let's not mince any words here, this was an attempted coup.

I don't subscribe to the thinking of some Democrats that let bygone be bygone and get on with governing without there being some sort of legal ramification for what went on during the past 4 years.

I can't imagine what the incoming group will find when they look behind the closed doors of every single department in the government. It could be epic.

Jethro
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#559 » by rammagen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:08 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:OK, this election fraud monkey business is almost dead and soon buried and the transition has officially begun.

I'm assuming the next question will be: Is Trump going to pardon himself?

The answer: Yes

The outcome: It will get challenged in court and probably some time after he leaves the WH a new legal precedent will be set on whether a president can pardon themselves along with a possible definition of the allowable parameters for that if allowed.

The prosecution's argument: Conspiracy to commit crimes that are facilitated by a president who presupposes immunity due to their position should not be an institutional privilege of the presidency.

Additional scenarios and arguments: Should Trump resign in order to collect a pardon from Pence, then the argument will also be you cannot or should not be able to pardon co-conspirators. This may already be baked in to the case if Trump pardons Pence prior to resigning.

Upshot: There is likely a strong chance Trump's pardon of himself and even others will be nullified in court. The purpose of the pardon was not designed for the pardoner to also be the pardonee or for the pardoner to use those powers in order to willfully commit crimes without fear of punishment hence the need to set some constitutional guidelines that either make the pardon stand or be denied.

One thing that could happen IMO is a split verdict, i.e. a president may be able to pardon themselves but only for certain things that are considered too subjective to determine absolute guilt for while denying imnunity from certain provable offenses like treason or espionage.

I think this whole thing was a delay tactic so he could try to cut a deal and it is failing. The incoming administration will seek charges and then cut a deal. NY state is going to have their piece as well.

The deal will be something like we will expose all the crimes ect if you try to run again and proceed with charges which wont expire after 7 yrs and NY state charges will stick which are the lessor of the crimes. Certain transgressions will be exposed and they need to be to cool the jets of the trumpers who will believe anything the fat liar will say
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#560 » by BadNewsBarnes » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Read on Twitter

One related basketball comment is hilarious...
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan

Return to New York Knicks