ImageImageImageImageImage

Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook?

Moderators: mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 21,613
And1: 15,517
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
     

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#21 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:15 pm

houston should be attaching assets to that contract. i'm all the way out.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
seren
RealGM
Posts: 22,831
And1: 2,803
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#22 » by seren » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:16 pm

BrOnXKing1 wrote:This is the type of team Westbrook will excel in. Toppin and Robinson will be monsters with Westbrook. Would need to add a shooter but we can be pretty good with Westbrook


Type of team doesn't matter once you start to decline. Westbrook shot 25 percent from three last season. He went to the line only 4 times a game during the playoffs when he essentially had the ball most of the time. Dude is on the verge of reaching Knicks-era Steve Francis phase of his career.

Now if he comes back and puts together a solid 15-20 games with Houston, I would change my mind. Otherwise, we are bound to repeat Steve Francis, Antonio McDyess, Allan Houston level of mistake.
User avatar
robillionaire
RealGM
Posts: 15,193
And1: 16,282
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
     

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#23 » by robillionaire » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:17 pm

BugginOut wrote:I honestly wouldn't take Westbrook even if they Randle and gave us that Piston 1st round pick. Who on this team is going to shoot lol?


I guess Bullock and Quickley. And hope Toppin has the range. It would still be pretty rough in the shooting department. Unless RJ learns how to shoot.
User avatar
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 33,477
And1: 20,228
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
Location: Bar stool

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#24 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Pass unless they give us a boat load of picks. It would be a colossal mistake
Mavs
C: Maxi Kleber | Grant Williams| Kurucs
F: Giannis | House | Okpala
F: Mikal Bridges | E' Moore | Josh Hall
SG: Jrue Holiday[ | Derrick White | CJ Elleby
PG: Jokic | Alex Caruso | Skylar Mays
Stash
Didi
Milos
User avatar
Appleshampoo
Rookie
Posts: 1,202
And1: 249
Joined: Sep 27, 2008
     

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#25 » by Appleshampoo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:21 pm

I am hesitant to trade for Westbrook. The Rockets looked better with Austin Rivers at the point. To play devils advocate, Russ suffered a right quad injury and missed the final two bubble seeding games. Maybe the playoffs influenced rushing back and we didn't see Russ at 100%.
KnixinSix
Pro Prospect
Posts: 870
And1: 352
Joined: Jul 27, 2013

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#26 » by KnixinSix » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:23 pm

seren wrote:
BrOnXKing1 wrote:This is the type of team Westbrook will excel in. Toppin and Robinson will be monsters with Westbrook. Would need to add a shooter but we can be pretty good with Westbrook


Type of team doesn't matter once you start to decline. Westbrook shot 25 percent from three last season. He went to the line only 4 times a game during the playoffs when he essentially had the ball most of the time. Dude is on the verge of reaching Knicks-era Steve Francis phase of his career.

Now if he comes back and puts together a solid 15-20 games with Houston, I would change my mind. Otherwise, we are bound to repeat Steve Francis, Antonio McDyess, Allan Houston level of mistake.


He was playing lights out pre COVID. I would think it was a recovery and crazy circumstance thing and more than an aging thing.
For I am unashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God unto salvation to those who believe. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last. -Romans 1:16-17
KnixinSix
Pro Prospect
Posts: 870
And1: 352
Joined: Jul 27, 2013

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#27 » by KnixinSix » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:27 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Pass unless they give us a boat load of picks. It would be a colossal mistake


If its Randle DSJ etc going back we possibly still have enough cap to sign Van Fleet or Harris form the Nets. Two very good shooters.
For I am unashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God unto salvation to those who believe. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last. -Romans 1:16-17
ForzaMetro
Junior
Posts: 473
And1: 406
Joined: Mar 19, 2017
     

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#28 » by ForzaMetro » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:37 pm

Russ is a disaster in the mold of those we’ve made several times in the past 20 years. Please just say no.
User avatar
Besart19
RealGM
Posts: 10,388
And1: 2,729
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
Location: Dibra, Albania
   

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#29 » by Besart19 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:39 pm

Randle, Bullock and Ellington for Westbrook and future pick

Harden / Rivers
Gordon / Ellington
Bullock / House Jr
Tucker / Ariza
Randle / Chandler
Knicks will be the new Warriors by 2021
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 17,292
And1: 10,046
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#30 » by Phish Tank » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:43 pm

Randle + chump change (they can take DSJr). Ideally we should get some picks back.
Image

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Rob/Cassius Winston
SG: Huerter/Romeo/Monk
SF: Deni/Hunter
PF: Gallo/PJ Washington/Sekou
C: Jaxson Hayes/Jalen Smith/Smailagic

Inactive: Willy
KnixinSix
Pro Prospect
Posts: 870
And1: 352
Joined: Jul 27, 2013

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#31 » by KnixinSix » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:43 pm

Besart19 wrote:Randle, Bullock and Ellington for Westbrook and future pick



Don't we need to come into 20% of traded contracts for it to work?

Russel makes 43+ we would need Randle 18.9, Frank 6.1, DSJ and Knox to make this work.
For I am unashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God unto salvation to those who believe. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last. -Romans 1:16-17
User avatar
Besart19
RealGM
Posts: 10,388
And1: 2,729
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
Location: Dibra, Albania
   

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#32 » by Besart19 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:46 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
Besart19 wrote:Randle, Bullock and Ellington for Westbrook and future pick



Don't we need to come into 20% of traded contracts for it to work?

Russel makes 43+ we would need Randle 18.9, Frank 6.1, DSJ and Knox to make this work.


Ellington makes 12M in his final season... Bullock can sign and trade too for more than his 6 million which are still enough!

Maybe we should send them a filler with non-guaranteed contract too!

Ellington can be waived for only 1.5M on the books
Knicks will be the new Warriors by 2021
User avatar
Besart19
RealGM
Posts: 10,388
And1: 2,729
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
Location: Dibra, Albania
   

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#33 » by Besart19 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Westbrook became a mediocre player the moment he lost the 3point touch! That means since loser PG13 stepped in OKC
Knicks will be the new Warriors by 2021
KnixinSix
Pro Prospect
Posts: 870
And1: 352
Joined: Jul 27, 2013

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#34 » by KnixinSix » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:50 pm

Trade Randle, DSJ, Knox, Frank (or some other combination thats gets within 20% of 43 mill) and then we still have enough money for a couple combinations:

SF:RJ
PF:Wood/Toppin
C:Mitch
SG:Westbrook
PG:FVV/Quickly

SF:RJ
PF:Wood/Toppin
C:Mitch
SG:Harris
PG:Westbrook/Quickly
For I am unashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God unto salvation to those who believe. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last. -Romans 1:16-17
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 13,896
And1: 20,002
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#35 » by K-DOT » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:50 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Westbrook isn't a superstar.


Wow. What is your definition of Superstar?

If you can't even hit league average efficiency, you're not a superstar.
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Shabazz Napier
Killian Hayes/Tre Jones
Cam Johnson/Saddiq Bey
Onyeka Okongwu/Darius Bazley
Goga Bitadze/Bol Bol
KnixinSix
Pro Prospect
Posts: 870
And1: 352
Joined: Jul 27, 2013

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#36 » by KnixinSix » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:52 pm

Besart19 wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
Besart19 wrote:Randle, Bullock and Ellington for Westbrook and future pick



Don't we need to come into 20% of traded contracts for it to work?

Russel makes 43+ we would need Randle 18.9, Frank 6.1, DSJ and Knox to make this work.


Ellington makes 12M in his final season... Bullock can sign and trade too for more than his 6 million which are still enough!

Maybe we should send them a filler with non-guaranteed contract too!

Ellington can be waived for only 1.5M on the books


Eliington 12M? Wut...
For I am unashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God unto salvation to those who believe. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last. -Romans 1:16-17
seren
RealGM
Posts: 22,831
And1: 2,803
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#37 » by seren » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:53 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
seren wrote:
BrOnXKing1 wrote:This is the type of team Westbrook will excel in. Toppin and Robinson will be monsters with Westbrook. Would need to add a shooter but we can be pretty good with Westbrook


Type of team doesn't matter once you start to decline. Westbrook shot 25 percent from three last season. He went to the line only 4 times a game during the playoffs when he essentially had the ball most of the time. Dude is on the verge of reaching Knicks-era Steve Francis phase of his career.

Now if he comes back and puts together a solid 15-20 games with Houston, I would change my mind. Otherwise, we are bound to repeat Steve Francis, Antonio McDyess, Allan Houston level of mistake.


He was playing lights out pre COVID. I would think it was a recovery and crazy circumstance thing and more than an aging thing.


That is something he needs to prove. Healthy Westbrook is great. You are right. It might be the fact that he got COVID. However, we have no idea long term implications of COVID. If he comes back and shows he is doing just fine, by all means let's go after him. If the playoffs Westbrook is what we will get, it will be a long three years.
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 61,425
And1: 32,180
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#38 » by GONYK » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:54 pm

seren wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
seren wrote:
Type of team doesn't matter once you start to decline. Westbrook shot 25 percent from three last season. He went to the line only 4 times a game during the playoffs when he essentially had the ball most of the time. Dude is on the verge of reaching Knicks-era Steve Francis phase of his career.

Now if he comes back and puts together a solid 15-20 games with Houston, I would change my mind. Otherwise, we are bound to repeat Steve Francis, Antonio McDyess, Allan Houston level of mistake.


He was playing lights out pre COVID. I would think it was a recovery and crazy circumstance thing and more than an aging thing.


That is something he needs to prove. Healthy Westbrook is great. You are right. It might be the fact that he got COVID. However, we have no idea long term implications of COVID. If he comes back and shows he is doing just fine, by all means let's go after him. If the playoffs Westbrook is what we will get, it will be a long three years.


Healthy Westbrook still shot terribly. He just shot a lot.
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 17,213
And1: 12,931
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
 

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#39 » by King of Canada » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Pass unless they give us a boat load of picks. It would be a colossal mistake


Considering what Philly has been doing - attaching picks to Horford and even Richardson (#36), the market certainly dictates they attach picks to move him.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
KnixinSix
Pro Prospect
Posts: 870
And1: 352
Joined: Jul 27, 2013

Re: Exactly what type of package would it take to get Westbrook? 

Post#40 » by KnixinSix » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:00 pm

seren wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
seren wrote:
Type of team doesn't matter once you start to decline. Westbrook shot 25 percent from three last season. He went to the line only 4 times a game during the playoffs when he essentially had the ball most of the time. Dude is on the verge of reaching Knicks-era Steve Francis phase of his career.

Now if he comes back and puts together a solid 15-20 games with Houston, I would change my mind. Otherwise, we are bound to repeat Steve Francis, Antonio McDyess, Allan Houston level of mistake.


He was playing lights out pre COVID. I would think it was a recovery and crazy circumstance thing and more than an aging thing.


That is something he needs to prove. Healthy Westbrook is great. You are right. It might be the fact that he got COVID. However, we have no idea long term implications of COVID. If he comes back and shows he is doing just fine, by all means let's go after him. If the playoffs Westbrook is what we will get, it will be a long three years.


Give me this next year under defensive minded Thibs and I think we return to relevancy and possibly more in the East:

SF:RJ
PF:Wood/Toppin
C:Mitch
SG:Westbrook
PG:FVV/Quickly
For I am unashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God unto salvation to those who believe. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last. -Romans 1:16-17

Return to New York Knicks