ImageImageImageImageImage

Elfrid back and I hate everything.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Re: Elfrid back and I hate everything. 

Post#121 » by SmoothLefty21 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:48 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
SmoothLefty21 wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
But why would any team want them if they're scrubs?

I've never called Frank a scrub.

In general the majority of our fan base thinks he is, not saying you. I just don't see how anyone can come to the conclusion of us bringing back Payton means we're going to trade for Westbrook now. I think it just means we're content with going into next season after seeing how the market played out and teams spending like crazy. We retain salary flexibility if something comes up and we get to be bad at the same time.

No one concluded that, I just didn't rule it out. My point was disagreeing with your conclusion that signing Payton meant we were out of the Westbrook/Wall sweepstakes.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,414

Post#122 » by Synciere » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:55 am

This is last year all over again..

That said, I’m really not that mad. We had 40 mil in cap.. we’ve used maybe 20.. there’s plenty of time for us to buy some 2028 second round picks and for us to celebrate the move...
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,549

Post#123 » by Gravy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:00 am

We have like 5 other point guards besides Payton and they are making him look like Jason Kidd. Someone else needs to step up. I think Thibs will give them a chance in training camp.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,867

Post#124 » by Guano » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:06 am

wooooo!

no better tank commander out there. LFG!
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,280

Post#125 » by RHODEY » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:19 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:This signing has killed all my excitement for next season.

Regardless of how I feel about this regime, about our draft selections... I was excited to see RJ in year 2. I was excited to see Obi play, etc. Now I wonder if I'm gonna watch the games at all. That's how deflated I feel over this signing.

Payton clearly froze out RJ on purpose last year. He clearly played for stats and for his next contract, not for the team. He's toxic. I don't trust his character, I don't like his body language, and since it's another one-year deal he's gonna pull the same **** this upcoming season.

There were plenty of better options in free agency. Some cheaper too.

What's better short term "excitement" or long term success? If you want the former than we might as well sign Westbrick or over pay for Van Fluke :noway:

If you want the later , you stay patient , preserve your assets, look forward to a stacked draft , enjoy alternating OBI/Mitch 360 degree windmill dunks and pounce when something good is available.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,319

Post#126 » by Scalabrine » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:22 am

Listen, I didn't love Payton as the starter last year. He's definitely a backup on pretty much every team in the league. But the difference between him running the offense and RJ or Frank running the offense was pretty drastic. He definitely force fed Randle and looked off our young guys too much, but we need at least one rotation caliber true point guard on the roster and we are pretty much out of options.

Robinson/Noel/Davis
Randle/Toppin
Barrett/Knox
Bullock/Burks/Quickley
Payton/Ntilikina/Smith

Still have a little bit of capspace left. Obviously another 3/4 will be added. More shooters are needed too. Still an awful shooting team.
Go Knicks!
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,254

Post#127 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:28 am

RHODEY wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:This signing has killed all my excitement for next season.

Regardless of how I feel about this regime, about our draft selections... I was excited to see RJ in year 2. I was excited to see Obi play, etc. Now I wonder if I'm gonna watch the games at all. That's how deflated I feel over this signing.

Payton clearly froze out RJ on purpose last year. He clearly played for stats and for his next contract, not for the team. He's toxic. I don't trust his character, I don't like his body language, and since it's another one-year deal he's gonna pull the same **** this upcoming season.

There were plenty of better options in free agency. Some cheaper too.

What's better short term "excitement" or long term success? If you want the former than we might as well sign Westbrick or over pay for Van Fluke :noway:

If you want the later , you stay patient , preserve your assets, look forward to a stacked draft , enjoy alternating OBI/Mitch 360 degree windmill dunks and pounce when something good is available.

I firmly want the latter. I want the Knicks to commit to RJ and Mitch (and Obi now, although I'm not sure he fits alongside the other two). But that means we need to put them in a position to succeed by surrounding them with pieces that fit and enable them to develop their game.

Neither one of them can shoot so they need shooters around them. How can they develop with a PG who just pounds the basketball and who's unable to off the ball?

It's not about the money for me, it's primarily about the profile of the players we bring in. I was in favor of bringing FVV (expensive) or Raul Neto (cheap). I am against trading for Westbrook (expensive) just as I was against bringing Payton back (cheap).

My opinion on every move this organization makes or doesn't make is centered around our youth and our draft position.
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,914

Post#128 » by knickabocker88 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:30 am

Also, poor RJ Barrett. Dudes gonna get the stand in the corner treatment again.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,414

Post#129 » by Synciere » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:55 am

knickabocker88 wrote:Also, poor RJ Barrett. Dudes gonna get the stand in the corner treatment again.

If RJ allows that to happen, he’s not the player I thought he was/is...
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,132

Post#130 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:08 am

johanliebert wrote:never in my life have i seen a fanbase have such high hopes for a guy who has proven nothing. Frank Nkitilina has show no promise even in extended minutes.

He should really be moved off ball and turned into a 3+D guy. let payton and DSJ battle it out for starting PG. DSJ has at least had good spurts of play in the NBA unlike frank.

Thanks. We don't give a f*ck what you think. Oh, and the thread is about Elfrid Payton.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,534

Post#131 » by Capn'O » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:13 am

Scalabrine wrote:Listen, I didn't love Payton as the starter last year. He's definitely a backup on pretty much every team in the league. But the difference between him running the offense and RJ or Frank running the offense was pretty drastic. He definitely force fed Randle and looked off our young guys too much, but we need at least one rotation caliber true point guard on the roster and we are pretty much out of options.

Robinson/Noel/Davis
Randle/Toppin
Barrett/Knox
Bullock/Burks/Quickley
Payton/Ntilikina/Smith

Still have a little bit of capspace left. Obviously another 3/4 will be added. More shooters are needed too. Still an awful shooting team.

Not to dwell on the obvious, but we need to drop Randle.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,319

Post#132 » by Scalabrine » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:24 am

Capn'O wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:Listen, I didn't love Payton as the starter last year. He's definitely a backup on pretty much every team in the league. But the difference between him running the offense and RJ or Frank running the offense was pretty drastic. He definitely force fed Randle and looked off our young guys too much, but we need at least one rotation caliber true point guard on the roster and we are pretty much out of options.

Robinson/Noel/Davis
Randle/Toppin
Barrett/Knox
Bullock/Burks/Quickley
Payton/Ntilikina/Smith

You don't mean drop him, drop him do you? I feel like he's still our best bet is to continue to showcase him and now that he's essentially an expiring, some team will look at him during the playoff push as a last piece. He's frustrating, but we do need someone that can put the ball in the hoop and he's still young enough to get better.
Go Knicks!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,534

Post#133 » by Capn'O » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:28 am

Scalabrine wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Robinson/Noel/Davis
Randle/Toppin
Barrett/Knox
Bullock/Burks/Quickley
Payton/Ntilikina/Smith

You don't mean drop him, drop him do you? I feel like he's still our best bet is to continue to showcase him and now that he's essentially an expiring, some team will look at him during the playoff push as a last piece. He's frustrating, but we do need someone that can put the ball in the hoop and he's still young enough to get better.

Move
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,549

Post#134 » by Gravy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:39 am

Guano wrote:wooooo!

no better tank commander out there. LFG!

We were 2-15 with Payton out the lineup. If yall want to tank you start you know who...
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#135 » by blanko » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:49 am

I would rather have jeff teague.. but my guess is that he is getting a multi year offer somewhere and the knicks only want to do 1 year deals.

I say try to trade for lowry or terry. Hopefully we can get terry and a pick for dsj.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
RealGM
And1: 39,137

Post#136 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:51 am

Yet another year of wasted development for Smith & Ntilikina.

I was just saying previously that Scott Perry's controller has definitely not been unplugged.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM
And1: 39,137

Post#137 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:49 am

Robinson/Noel/Davis
Randle/Toppin
Barrett/Knox
Bullock/Burks/Quickley
Payton/Ntilikina/Smith

You forgot Braz

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,930

Post#138 » by Jeffrey » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:01 am

Again, can we definitively say Frank or even DSJr was not good when they have gotten inconsistent minutes? Like I said, give the keys to Frank for one full year as a starter playing 30+ minutes. If he is trash after 3 years, then so be it.. we can say that. But so far, we see inconsistencies with inconsistent minutes.
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#139 » by blanko » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:30 am

This looks like a favor for caa cus no one wantwd payton

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#140 » by seren » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:01 am