ImageImageImageImageImage

[Solved] Ja Morant is light years ahead of Rj Barrett

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who will be the better player?

Ja Morant
67%
Rj Barrett
33%

Total votes: 217

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,545

Re: Do you think Rj Barrett will end up being better than Ja Morant? 

Post#401 » by Capn'O » Sat May 7, 2022 10:22 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:
One is already an MVP candidate :roll:

That was precisely the meaning of the comment :roll:

True. Still, there would be a slight difference between a perennial All-Star and MVP candidate vs 1 time All-Star. Though technically you'd still be correct. :roll:

That was precisely the meaning of the comment :roll:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Re: [Solved] Ja Morant is light years ahead of Rj Barrett 

Post#402 » by robillionaire » Sat May 7, 2022 11:30 pm

oof

never be optimistic about the Knicks folks
KnicksNext
Veteran
And1: 1,509

Post#403 » by KnicksNext » Sat May 7, 2022 11:59 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:
DrCoach wrote:RJ is good and im not pining abiut anyone taken after him.

Thats whats important

No? You prefer RJ over Garland? More homerism continuing in this thread.

RJ or Zion, who you got?

Since we are playing a bit of the hindsight game, as no one had Garland going top 3

DrCoach wrote:
RJ is good and im not pining abiut anyone taken after him.

I was responding to DrCoach saying he's not pining about anyone taken after him.

EASILY Zion. And so would every single GM in the league. His future is just to bright to pass up. No one knows how he'll come back, but you have to swing for the home run. IF Zion is healthy and motivated, he's going to tear up the league. Zion is a beast.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,136

Post#404 » by thebuzzardman » Sun May 8, 2022 2:30 am

KnicksNext wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:

RJ or Zion, who you got?

Since we are playing a bit of the hindsight game, as no one had Garland going top 3

DrCoach wrote:

I was responding to DrCoach saying he's not pining about anyone taken after him.

EASILY Zion. And so would every single GM in the league. His future is just to bright to pass up. No one knows how he'll come back, but you have to swing for the home run. IF Zion is healthy and motivated, he's going to tear up the league. Zion is a beast.

Guy has played 80 games over 3 seasons. Maybe not.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#405 » by Adelheid » Sun May 8, 2022 2:36 am

“What I learned — the biggest part was — how important the mid-range [jumper] is for a player like me,” Barrett said. “Coming off the screen, they just try to funnel me into Clint Capela every time. So you try to go up against a [6-10] footer every time down there. It was tough. So, that’s why you see in the playoffs that all the guys are making those mid-range shots look way better.”

“I hope so,” Barrett said when asked if he would sign an extension with the Knicks. “I hope so. I’d be the first Knick in about 20 years. So, I hope so.”

Apparently, RJ would be trying to do offseason workouts with Derozan to get some tips how to be good at midrange pullups
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#406 » by robillionaire » Sun May 8, 2022 3:02 am

Adelheid wrote:“What I learned — the biggest part was — how important the mid-range [jumper] is for a player like me,” Barrett said. “Coming off the screen, they just try to funnel me into Clint Capela every time. So you try to go up against a [6-10] footer every time down there. It was tough. So, that’s why you see in the playoffs that all the guys are making those mid-range shots look way better.”

“I hope so,” Barrett said when asked if he would sign an extension with the Knicks. “I hope so. I’d be the first Knick in about 20 years. So, I hope so.”

Apparently, RJ would be trying to do offseason workouts with Derozan to get some tips how to be good at midrange pullups

Taking shots at Dolan now… oh boy
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#407 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun May 8, 2022 3:18 am

robillionaire wrote:
Adelheid wrote:“What I learned — the biggest part was — how important the mid-range [jumper] is for a player like me,” Barrett said. “Coming off the screen, they just try to funnel me into Clint Capela every time. So you try to go up against a [6-10] footer every time down there. It was tough. So, that’s why you see in the playoffs that all the guys are making those mid-range shots look way better.”

Is there a video or audio of this interview?
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#408 » by Adelheid » Sun May 8, 2022 3:21 am

iLLmatic860 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-knicks/knicks-rj-barrett-maps-out-plan-to-reach-his-all-star-goal-next-season/
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#409 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun May 8, 2022 3:31 am

Adelheid wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Love rjs mindset. Lol atleast he has the self-awareness on who he is as a player. He def can be in the Derozan tier
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#410 » by DrCoach » Sun May 8, 2022 4:15 am

KnicksNext wrote:

Thats whats important

Yep, Garland is good too but hes small and injury prone and benefitted from sexton going down
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#411 » by knickstape21 » Sun May 8, 2022 12:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=6xeWM3WezmMFO-aulf3Vnw

Morant is corny Tweeting like this after playoff games
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,925

Post#412 » by knicks94 » Sun May 8, 2022 12:10 pm

The sad thing is that the Nets didn’t even draft Morant or Zion,but will most likely have either one of them playing for them in a few years while the Knicks will be hoping to get lucky in the draft.
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#413 » by KnicksNext » Sun May 8, 2022 7:19 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
RJ or Zion, who you got?

DrCoach wrote:

Guy has played 80 games over 3 seasons. Maybe not.[/quote

No way for either of us to prove it, so we'll just have to agree to disagree. I can't imagine any GM wanting a mediocre player who will never be consistent star in this league over a guy who just a year ago was being talked about as a franchise player. His play will do the talking so we'll see.

Don't take that the wrong way, because there is also a chance that he's showed his true unmotivated self during his injury. And maybe the injury was bad enough that it will affect the trajectory of his career. I'm still taking Zion 100 out of 100 times.
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#414 » by KnicksNext » Sun May 8, 2022 7:25 pm

DrCoach wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:

Thats whats important

Yep, Garland is good too but hes small and injury prone and benefitted from sexton going down

no
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#415 » by thebuzzardman » Sun May 8, 2022 9:26 pm

KnicksNext wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:

DrCoach wrote:

No way for either of us to prove it, so we'll just have to agree to disagree. I can't imagine any GM wanting a mediocre player who will never be consistent star in this league over a guy who just a year ago was being talking about as a franchise player. His play will do the talking so we'll see.

Don't take that the wrong way, because there is also a chance that he's showed his true unmotivated self during his injury. And maybe the injury was bad enough that it will affect the trajectory of his career. I'm still take Zion 100 out of 100 times.

So, with Zion compared to RJ we can do projection for what he MIGHT do, yet with Garland, we can say which one we'd pick based on stats after the fact, for who the Knicks should have drafted. Got it.
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#416 » by KnicksNext » Sun May 8, 2022 9:39 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

No way for either of us to prove it, so we'll just have to agree to disagree. I can't imagine any GM wanting a mediocre player who will never be consistent star in this league over a guy who just a year ago was being talking about as a franchise player. His play will do the talking so we'll see.

Don't take that the wrong way, because there is also a chance that he's showed his true unmotivated self during his injury. And maybe the injury was bad enough that it will affect the trajectory of his career. I'm still take Zion 100 out of 100 times.

So, with Zion compared to RJ we can do projection for what he MIGHT do, yet with Garland, we can say which one we'd pick based on stats after the fact, for who the Knicks should have drafted. Got it.

I'm allowed to have any opinion I want. :lol:

So, you do think RJ has a chance to be a star/franchise player? Good luck with that.

We'll see what happens, but yes, I still think Zion is going to be a star. That Pels team is stacked if Zion comes back and they all mesh together. Would you take that roster or the Knicks roster? I would be so stoked if we had the Pels roster. Those fans deserve a good team, too. Hopefully they won't sell out and dump players so they don't have to pay them.
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#417 » by KnicksNext » Sun May 8, 2022 9:41 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Feel free to put your hopes on the future of RJ. I'm not going to. And yes, we're allowed to project who we think is going to be good or not in the future.

Stars/Future Stars: Garland/Zion/Ja.

Average to above average player (potential): RJ. You can choose to disagree, that's cool. We can pick this conversation up in a year from now.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,366

Post#418 » by Iron Mantis » Sun May 8, 2022 10:14 pm

Adelheid wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-knicks/knicks-rj-barrett-maps-out-plan-to-reach-his-all-star-goal-next-season/

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#419 » by thebuzzardman » Sun May 8, 2022 10:32 pm

KnicksNext wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:

I'm allowed to have any opinion I want. :lol:

So, you do think RJ has a chance to be a star/franchise player? Good luck with that.

We'll see what happens, but yes, I still think Zion is going to be a star. That Pels team is stacked if Zion comes back and they all mesh together. Would you take that roster or the Knicks roster? I would be so stoked if we had the Pels roster. Those fans deserve a good team, too. Hopefully they won't sell out and dump players so they don't have to pay them.

Who ever said that?

I'm pointing out there's no time machine, so RJ got drafted after Ja and Zion, it is what it is. That's bad luck. RJ going to be a like a low level main guy - like a #3 option, or like a good glue guy, ok at everything, solid, 3rd or 4th option, but willing to accept the role and a good teammate that could be part of a winning team based on his attitude.

As far as Garland, nobody had him going higher than RJ. Would it have been nice if the Knicks had a FO that was somehow smarter than the rest of the league? Good luck with that. I'd settle for them not being the dumbest team in the league.

I'm otherwise not into the whole "redraft idea" or all the "draft regret" BS that goes on in here.

Sure, I'll acknowledge where the Knicks blew it, but I'm going to try to understand the context. So, not going to fret about Ja or Zion since they went first, and not going to carp on Garland, because no one had him going 3rd, even if that turns out to be wrong in HINDSIGHT.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#420 » by thebuzzardman » Sun May 8, 2022 10:34 pm

KnicksNext wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:

Feel free to put your hopes on the future of RJ. I'm not going to. And yes, we're allowed to project who we think is going to be good or not in the future.

Stars/Future Stars: Garland/Zion/Ja.

Average to above average player (potential): RJ. You can choose to disagree, that's cool. We can pick this conversation up in a year from now.

No thanks on picking it up. I have to read Channel and Jimmit talking sh*t about RJ 20 times a day as it is.

I don't RJ is that great. I mean, I've been calling him Cadillac Ntilikina for a reason. Which is actually a good player. Not great. That's the breaks. If the Knicks played the lottery game more often, they might have better luck, but RJ was just bad (not really bad) luck.

Return to New York Knicks