ImageImageImageImageImage

[Solved] Ja Morant is light years ahead of Rj Barrett

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Who will be the better player?

Ja Morant
67%
Rj Barrett
33%

Total votes: 217

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,387

Re: [Solved] Ja Morant is light years ahead of Rj Barrett 

Post#441 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 14, 2022 4:58 pm

Apparently RJ sucks balls. Hopefully Knicks trade this bust soon.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Re: Do you think Rj Barrett will end up being better than Ja Morant? 

Post#442 » by DrCoach » Sat May 14, 2022 5:11 pm

KnicksNext wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
nedleeds wrote:I'll take this win but it was a gift.

So from his class, the no brainers you'd rather have than RJ

Ja
Zion
Garland
Herro
Keldon Johnson

the maybes

Poole
PJ Washington
Cam Johnson

Lol

Lol? Break down why he's wrong. Dr. 'RJ is a superstar' Coach

JA, Zion, Garland, Herro are a yes. I don't watch Keldon so it would not be fair for me to compare.

Poole has proven already he's better than RJ.
I'd take Cam Johnson, not sure about PJ, but maybe, yes.

Please enlighten us and explain why you laughed at his comparisons.

Im not going to waste energy with someone who thinks PJ Washington is better than RJ Barret
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#443 » by nedleeds » Sat May 14, 2022 5:23 pm

DrCoach wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
Lol

JA, Zion, Garland, Herro are a yes. I don't watch Keldon so it would not be fair for me to compare.

Im not going to waste energy with someone who thinks PJ Washington is better than RJ Barret

OK, I'll waste the energy. Even though I know you won't go look at aDvAnCEd sTAts like field goal percentage.

https://stathead.com/tiny/Gr7vJ

Other than being allowed to destroy his teams offense by chucking and maybe both being mediocre free throw shooters PJ Washington is better at everything. Even more depressing, he's a better shooter, comparable passer, all while being far bigger and playing power forward. Basically RJ is a shooting guard who can't shoot as well as a power forward. :roll: :noway:

PJ Washington is also a pretty good shot blocker for a 4. Downside is he's almost 24. Maybe in 2 more years of doing nothing but playing basketball RJ can shoot as well as PJ Washington. Let's Hope!

edit: lol RJs 2p% is just so bad.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,522

Post#444 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat May 14, 2022 6:08 pm

nedleeds wrote:People defending RJ goes through all these complex hoops and scenario building to defend a player who has had ample playing time, no hook at all for being an offense destroying player, and basically been healthy his whole time. If you say well look at his horrific shooting, people are like he doesn't play with a good point guard. When you say well he's useless without the ball since he can't shoot people say he needs the ball in his hands because something about his play making.

There really isn't a whole lot of consistency with the most ardent defense of his game in my opinion.

How do they want him to develop? More as an on-ball player or more as an off-ball player?

Is there any scenario where his play can actually be judged or is there a built-in excuse in every situation?

Because the deflection on the external circumstances (his teammates, coaching, his conditioning) seems to apply either way. It's a closed loop.

RJ plays in more of an off-ball role > His development is being stunted because he's not used as a primary
RJ doesn't perform well as a primary > He is set up to fail because he doesn't play with a competent primary (e.g. a point guard) to run the offense

These two positions are not consistent.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,501

Post#445 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat May 14, 2022 6:09 pm

I’m a big RJ critic but I am def taking RJ over PJ Washington. Come on now. :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#446 » by nedleeds » Sat May 14, 2022 6:26 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
nedleeds wrote:People defending RJ goes through all these complex hoops and scenario building to defend a player who has had ample playing time, no hook at all for being an offense destroying player, and basically been healthy his whole time. If you say well look at his horrific shooting, people are like he doesn't play with a good point guard. When you say well he's useless without the ball since he can't shoot people say he needs the ball in his hands because something about his play making.

There really isn't a whole lot of consistency with the most ardent defense of his game in my opinion.

How do they want him to develop? More as an on-ball player or more as an off-ball player?

Is there any scenario where his play can actually be judged or is there a built-in excuse in every situation?

Because the deflection on the external circumstances (his teammates, coaching, his conditioning) seems to apply either way. It's a closed loop.

RJ plays in more of an off-ball role > His development is being stunted because he's not used as a primary
RJ doesn't perform well as a primary > He is set up to fail because he doesn't play with a competent primary (e.g. a point guard) to run the offense

It seems like one side are boxscore Betties who use Mark Jacksonisms like:

"He gets you 20 a night." (even the worst team will score 90 and somebody has to score)
"Not afraid of the moment." (he's an unabashed chucker)
"Not afraid to fail." (gets blocked the second most in the league)
"Needs time." (played the most minutes in his class)
"Needs the ball in his hands." (can't hit water with a **** oar)
"Needs to play with a creator." (can't dribble or create separation)
"Work on his finishing." (can't jump)
"Big time shot maker." (his marquee moment was a bank shot heave game winner)
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
KnicksNext
Veteran
And1: 1,509

Post#447 » by KnicksNext » Sat May 14, 2022 7:56 pm

DrCoach wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
Lol

That's because you'll continue to look like someone who doesn't know what he's talking about. And I said maybe. :lol:
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,447

Post#448 » by robillionaire » Sat May 14, 2022 8:27 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:I’m a big RJ critic but I am def taking RJ over PJ Washington. Come on now. :lol:

I’m going with PJ Washington, great 3 and D guy!!!
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#449 » by DrCoach » Sat May 14, 2022 8:53 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:I’m a big RJ critic but I am def taking RJ over PJ Washington. Come on now. :lol:

Right? PJ lost his starting spot to boot.

A lot of ignorant posters here
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 16,747

Post#450 » by evevale » Sat May 14, 2022 9:00 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

It seems like one side are boxscore Betties who use Mark Jacksonisms like:

"He gets you 20 a night." (even the worst team will score 90 and somebody has to score)
"Not afraid of the moment." (he's an unabashed chucker)
"Not afraid to fail." (gets blocked the second most in the league)
"Needs time." (played the most minutes in his class)
"Needs the ball in his hands." (can't hit water with a **** oar)
"Needs to play with a creator." (can't dribble or create separation)
"Work on his finishing." (can't jump)
"Big time shot maker." (his marquee moment was a bank shot heave game winner)

Spoiler:
181/5 -

Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#451 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat May 14, 2022 9:02 pm

Polk377 wrote:Difference is Ja got the keys to Memphis from day 1 while RJ has had to work his way up. At the end of the day I think that extra grind to prove himself will make RJ the better player. I also don't know how long Ja will be able to play in the style he plays as a small high flyer. More risk of injury than the way RJ plays.

Dude stop. I love RJ too but it is OK to identify that Ja is and will probably remain a better player. It happens. Doesn't mean he has to suck, he's just not in that tier.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#452 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 14, 2022 10:03 pm

Everyone in that draft, both rounds, is better
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#453 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 14, 2022 10:05 pm

At least we know nedleds is Chanel's burner account
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,338

Post#454 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat May 14, 2022 10:18 pm

dam this board treating Rj like he Kevin Knox
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#455 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 14, 2022 10:19 pm

We really also need explore how IQ, Obi, Cam, Mitch and McBride aren't that good. And Sims. And Grimes. Damn. What's wrong with Thibs, playing 8 young guys?
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,522

Post#456 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat May 14, 2022 10:24 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:At least we know nedleds is Chanel's burner account

We're more like C17 and C18.

Or Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#457 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 14, 2022 10:32 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:At least we know nedleds is Chanel's burner account

We're more like C17 and C18.

Or Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole.

Sorry, I don't listen to country music
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,510

Post#458 » by Iron Mantis » Sat May 14, 2022 10:55 pm

nedleeds wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:

OK, I'll waste the energy. Even though I know you won't go look at aDvAnCEd sTAts like field goal percentage.

Other than being allowed to destroy his teams offense by chucking and maybe both being mediocre free throw shooters PJ Washington is better at everything. Even more depressing, he's a better shooter, comparable passer, all while being far bigger and playing power forward. Basically RJ is a shooting guard who can't shoot as well as a power forward. :roll: :noway:

PJ Washington is also a pretty good shot blocker for a 4. Downside is he's almost 24. Maybe in 2 more years of doing nothing but playing basketball RJ can shoot as well as PJ Washington. Let's Hope!

RJ is not better than Morant right now...not even close.

But It seems you're going a little over the top with the RJ hate. PJ Washington has good stats, but what is he elite at? I don't watch him play, so IDK.

RJ needs to improve his shooting efficiency that's no secret. That's his weakness. Let's see if his adds some tricks to his bag for next season. But RJ is elite at getting into the paint and #21 in the entire NBA in FTA at 5.8 per game, and shoots the same percentage as your boy PJ.

RJ "keeps coming at you", putting tremendous pressure on the defense, and he is evolving as a playmaker. The entire Knicks team need to get better at FT% though, because they were the 5th worst in the league, leaving a lot of points at the stripe while shooting the 2nd most free throw attempts in the entire NBA. Could have been the difference between missing or making the playoffs. :-?
Iron Mantis
RealGM

Post#459 » by Iron Mantis » Sat May 14, 2022 11:01 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

Everyone in that draft, both rounds, is better

Undrafted too.

In fact, RJ needs to be sent to the G-League.

Anyone in the entire NBA who has a better shooting % than RJ is clearly the better player now and will have a better career, period.
Iron Mantis
RealGM

Post#460 » by Iron Mantis » Sat May 14, 2022 11:06 pm

nedleeds wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:

RJ needs to get his efficiency up...but he is in elite company

Return to New York Knicks