ImageImageImageImageImage

Julius Randle: Should we pick up his 2021-2 Team option

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,493

Re: Julius Randle: Should we pick up his 2021-2 Team option 

Post#301 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:33 pm

Juco24 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Well well well, how the turntables

viewtopic.php?t=1863543

Lol at bno swearing he’s Kanter. Lots of awful takes in there.

It's leftovers for dinner "crow, crow and more crow"
* Randle won't pass to Mitch... Thibs: Randle and Mitch pick n roll
* Randle won't pass to RJ... RJ for layups or open jumpers from passes via Randle
* Randle won't play defense... who has abused him? NOONE
* Randle can't make his teammates better.... LMAO

:lol: people went too far. I also kept saying that Randle and Mitch had a positive net rating together under Miller. And once we traded away Morris who operated in Randle’s and RJ’s areas, Randle-RJ-Mitch were a positive net rating together under Miller . But again, people only remembered the Fizdale version of him. Oh well. Lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#302 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:46 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Lol at bno swearing he’s Kanter. Lots of awful takes in there.

It's leftovers for dinner "crow, crow and more crow"
* Randle won't pass to Mitch... Thibs: Randle and Mitch pick n roll
* Randle won't pass to RJ... RJ for layups or open jumpers from passes via Randle
* Randle won't play defense... who has abused him? NOONE
* Randle can't make his teammates better.... LMAO

people went too far. I also kept saying that Randle and Mitch had a positive net rating together under Miller. And once we traded away Morris who operated in Randle’s and RJ’s areas, Randle-RJ-Mitch were a positive net rating together under Miller . But again, people only remembered the Fizdale version of him. Oh well. Lol
They don't go too far. They lie about what they are seeing and groupthink the lie into being accepted as true.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
cooch2584
Sixth Man
And1: 86

Post#303 » by cooch2584 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:40 pm

Look, even at 20 mil hes a bargain. and hes still young. give him 20 mil for 2 years and lets see. who else you wanna spend twice that for the stats hes done so far?
Nbabrothers
Senior
And1: 203

Post#304 » by Nbabrothers » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:01 pm

Realisticallly which NBA team would want a point forward on their roster? Nobody is going to want to trade for him. He’s playing great for us and winning games for us and keeping us in games but regardless there still is no team that values him enough to trade for him. All I can think of is possibly Utah, New Orleans and the Lakers need rebounding so possibly a draft pick(s) and throw in Nitlikina.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,107

Post#305 » by sol537 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:07 pm

Several "bubble" teams could realistically use Randle: Denver, Miami, Houston, Portland, etc. Randle would be a huge upgrade at PF for any of those teams... 32 mins of efficient ball, locked in for this season and next on a reasonable deal... yeah, we'd need multiple picks back or a young player and picks. No use just giving him away when he's playing great ball for now on a fair deal.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,408

Post#306 » by Zenzibar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:08 pm

Nbabrothers wrote:Realisticallly which NBA team would want a point forward on their roster? Nobody is going to want to trade for him. He’s playing great for us and winning games for us and keeping us in games but regardless there still is no team that values him enough to trade for him. All I can think of is possibly Utah, New Orleans and the Lakers need rebounding so possibly a draft pick(s) and throw in Nitlikina.

All this is absolutely not true and to say we have to "throw in Frank" when trading Randle is ludicrous.

Randle should make the All-Star team easily and as a player is directly responsible for turning this team around.

Stop buggin.
Stop All Genocides
Nbabrothers
Senior

Post#307 » by Nbabrothers » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:29 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Nbabrothers wrote:Realisticallly which NBA team would want a point forward on their roster? Nobody is going to want to trade for him. He’s playing great for us and winning games for us and keeping us in games but regardless there still is no team that values him enough to trade for him. All I can think of is possibly Utah, New Orleans and the Lakers need rebounding so possibly a draft pick(s) and throw in Nitlikina.

All this is absolutely not true and to say we have to "throw in Frank" when trading Randle is ludicrous.

Randle should make the All-Star team easily and as a player is directly responsible for turning this team around.

Stop buggin.

You are misunderstanding my post. Me personally I would keep Randle. He’s proven he’s a tam player. I love his game and made me change my mind on wanting him traded because of the way he was with Payton freezing out RJ. But not this season. Right now I wouldn’t trade any of our important players which includes:
Randle
Obi
Mitchell
Quickley
RJ
Knox
Berks (he’s deadly from three and spreads the floor out)
Noel (barely makes the cut).

Bullock, Nitlikina, DSJ, can all be waived.
Nbabrothers
Senior

Post#308 » by Nbabrothers » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:31 pm

sol537 wrote:Several "bubble" teams could realistically use Randle: Denver, Miami, Houston, Portland, etc. Randle would be a huge upgrade at PF for any of those teams... 32 mins of efficient ball, locked in for this season and next on a reasonable deal... yeah, we'd need multiple picks back or a young player and picks. No use just giving him away when he's playing great ball for now on a fair deal.

Good points. I would rather keep Randle and our current squad. Trade no one. See who we get in the draft. Don’t pick up a free agent unless it’s a no brainer but I don’t see any free agents I would want this coming summer.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#309 » by WargamesX » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:57 pm

The Kings could use him as well. On the low I think he would work great on the that team. With that said I rather keep him and see if another deal shows up
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#310 » by nedleeds » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:04 pm

cooch2584 wrote:Look, even at 20 mil hes a bargain. and hes still young. give him 20 mil for 2 years and lets see. who else you wanna spend twice that for the stats hes done so far?

We put 2 years $40 million on the table and pride will kick in and he'll claim he's an all-star and wants a max deal. He'll sign up with CAA and the Knicks will max him and be the laughing stock of the league again.

Maybe I'm scarred but just let him play it out and see what the market bears. If nobody is willing to trade much for him why max him into his 30s? Why did he suddenly decide to get in killer shape at age 26? It's great that he did, but seems like he did it in a pseudo contract year and mostly because his film from last year was embarrassing. If his 3 point shooting regresses to his 30% career average then I wouldn't pick up the option at all.

He's playing career ball and we're 8-10. Take him away and we're 4-10. Who cares. We're still 3 years away, so get another shot at an A-tier player if you can through the draft if there's any team willing to give anything up for him (Minnesota might be desperate enough, maybe Charlotte if LaMelo bulls his way into starting).
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,304

Post#311 » by Oscirus » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:05 pm

sol537 wrote:Several "bubble" teams could realistically use Randle: Denver, Miami, Houston, Portland, etc. Randle would be a huge upgrade at PF for any of those teams... 32 mins of efficient ball, locked in for this season and next on a reasonable deal... yeah, we'd need multiple picks back or a young player and picks. No use just giving him away when he's playing great ball for now on a fair deal.

We trade randle for 1st rounders not even in the lottery, we're sending a message to the league and most importantly, other free agents that we're not trying to win
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#312 » by nedleeds » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:08 pm

Minnesota fit wise. Towns shoots 37% from 3, D-Lo just wants to stand at 1/2 court and chuck as well. They play Vanderbilt and far worse players at the 4. Randles awful defense won't matter on a team with that defensive personnel anyway they're giving up 120 with or without him. Minnesota owes their pick to GSW (?) so they don't want to tank this year.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#313 » by nedleeds » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Oscirus wrote:

We trade randle for 1st rounders not even in the lottery, we're sending a message to the league and most importantly, other free agents that we're not trying to win

We're 8-10 and playing Randle and RJ 37 minutes and destroying their knees for the 10th seed. How is that attractive to a free agent vs. hitting on a difference making A list player in the draft? There's nobody on this roster any of the new age Instagram quit when it gets hard stars are coming to play with.

You care about player messaging? Please that went out the window with Thibs.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#314 » by WargamesX » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:18 pm

Oscirus wrote:

FA is trash this year :banghead:
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,304

Post#315 » by Oscirus » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:23 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

We're 8-10 and playing Randle and RJ 37 minutes and destroying their knees for the 10th seed. How is that attractive to a free agent vs. hitting on a difference making A list player in the draft? There's nobody on this roster any of the new age Instagram quit when it gets hard stars are coming to play with.

You think this organization is gonna draft difference makers from non lottery picks? Because thats what we're getting for randle and thibs aint tanking so you better hope we have a hell of a scouting department
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,989

Post#316 » by Richard4444 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:24 pm

Utah - They are winning with a 4 out strategy. I dont see Randle as an option.

Pelicans - ZIon plays in the same position. Both are not great rim protectors or long range shooters.

Lakers - AD plays in the same position. AD dont like to play as Center. LeBron is a point foward.

Besides, all teams dont have fillers to be sent on midseason. Only the Pelicans can have cap space in offseason.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#317 » by nedleeds » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:37 pm

Oscirus wrote:You think this organization is gonna draft difference makers from non lottery picks? Because thats what we're getting for randle and thibs aint tanking so you better hope we have a hell of a scouting department

Yes. If not we're not competing anyway. No top 10 player is coming without another top 15 player, Randle isn't even close to that. He's Nic Vucevic, a nice offensive player that makes All-Star teams on mediocre to crappy teams. Nobody is coming to play with Nic, or Randle.

So we need to keep trying to find a late lottery pick like Kawhi, Giannis, Dame, Steph, Mitchell or even an all NBA player outside top 20 like Jokic, Gobert. Of the 15 all NBA players in 2018-19, 8 were drafted outside the top 5. Keep picking and developing, keep the kids who develop and play well.

My preference isn't to get non-lottery picks though, I'd prefer a top 2 pick for once in this cursed franchises **** existence. Again we're here in the abyss because 1 ping pong ball went Memphis' way.

As for whether our scouts are better in the new regime I think we both agree the jury is out, early returns are Obi was a reach and IQ is a rotation PG at the 25th pick. I also give a mulligan to this draft given that you weren't allowed to actually work out these players, so I hope Obi works out but understand why you'd pick him going off college film. They couldn't bring him into the gym and ask him to dribble around a chair. Randle makes us the Magic. No thanks. I'd rather swing for a top 15 player.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#318 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:43 pm

+1 because i am a man of my word
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#319 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:44 pm

Nbabrothers wrote:

Good points. I would rather keep Randle and our current squad. Trade no one. See who we get in the draft. Don’t pick up a free agent unless it’s a no brainer but I don’t see any free agents I would want this coming summer.

+1 because i agree.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,519

Post#320 » by NYKnickerbocker » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:54 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

can’t think of any recent star players deciding on a team based off there most recent Draft luck being can’t miss A list type. Maybe lebron, but he never gave Af bout them kids

I think most guys went I team where they thought they could compete or were already competitive

Return to New York Knicks