ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Presidential Election Thread presents: The Aftermath (Part 2)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread presents: The Aftermath (Part 2) 

Post#41 » by dakomish23 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:12 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Lin Wood is acting so completely nuts (calling Epstein alive, saying Roberts is a pedo, going after Pence, etc.) that it makes me think he's in kayfabe. Trump is using him and Patrick Byrne (out here posting 4chan theories) to spread disinformation and cloud his opponents in the fog of war therefore less able to see what he's really up to.

Glad to see you have a line you won’t cross
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#42 » by dakomish23 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:17 pm

They won’t support the Hail Mary heaves, so expect MAGAland lemmings to push for their removal

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,319

Post#43 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:23 pm

dakomish23 wrote:They won’t support the Hail Mary heaves, so expect MAGAland lemmings to push for their removal

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This will come back to bite them in the ass someday, even if the only consequence is being voted out of office

After this charade, I'd like to see legislation that clearly defines these activities as within the scope of sedition and with serious penalties
ImageImageImage
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#44 » by dakomish23 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:28 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:They won’t support the Hail Mary heaves, so expect MAGAland lemmings to push for their removal

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This will come back to bite them in the ass someday, even if the only consequence is being voted out of office

After this charade, I'd like to see legislation that clearly defines these activities as within the scope of sedition and with serious penalties

These two at have some lines they won’t cross. Very few left who won’t blindly support Trumpism. I’m expecting for them to join the new middle party that’s created

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#45 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:36 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:Lin Wood is acting so completely nuts (calling Epstein alive, saying Roberts is a pedo, going after Pence, etc.) that it makes me think he's in kayfabe. Trump is using him and Patrick Byrne (out here posting 4chan theories) to spread disinformation and cloud his opponents in the fog of war therefore less able to see what he's really up to.

Glad to see you have a line you won’t cross

I typed out a long post about when I thought the voter fraud started and how it led to Trumpism but I think I'll pass :lol:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#46 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:30 pm

This is what a complete moron Trump is:

He is now accusing GA Governor Kemp of conspiring with Stacey Abrams to rob Trump of the election.

Stupidest man alive

Plus, GA just did a signature certification check and it came out at 99.9% accuracy. The only two non-matching signatures were a husband and wife who had mistakenly switched their ballots, hence 100%.

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,699

Post#47 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:56 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:This is what a complete moron Trump is:

He is now accusing GA Governor Kemp of conspiring with Stacey Abrams to rob Trump of the election.

Stupidest man alive

Plus, GA just did a signature certification check and it came out at 99.9% accuracy. The only two non-matching signatures were a husband and wife who had mistakenly switched their ballots, hence 100%.

Read on Twitter

Free Palestine
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,689

Post#48 » by Pointgod » Sat Jan 2, 2021 12:20 am

This is what Democrats are dealing with. Someone who lies so brazenly and distorts the truth.

Read on Twitter
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,413

Post#49 » by fleet » Sat Jan 2, 2021 2:02 am

Pointgod wrote:This is what Democrats are dealing with. Someone who lies so brazenly and distorts the truth.

Read on Twitter

Republican tax policy says different.

Using Democratic party sentiment against the bill. Both diabolical and hypocritical.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#50 » by Pointgod » Sat Jan 2, 2021 2:38 am

fleet wrote:
Pointgod wrote:This is what Democrats are dealing with. Someone who lies so brazenly and distorts the truth.

Read on Twitter

Republican tax policy says different.

Using Democratic party sentiment against the bill. Both diabolical and hypocritical.

Not only is McConnell pure evil, what he’s saying isn’t even consistent with reality. Those one time 2000 payments would only go to people making under a certain amount like 80000. It sounds **** stupid if you put even .1% of brain power critically thinking about it. But the Republican lemmings will eat it up. Only Georgia can save the country.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#51 » by Pointgod » Sat Jan 2, 2021 2:55 am

Another example of how Democrats are exactly the same as Republicans.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-rules-idUSKBN2962N4

Pelosi said the reforms “will make the House more accountable, transparent and effective in our work to meet the needs of the American people.”

One change angering Republicans is a revision to parliamentary rules that allow the minority to offer an amendment as part of a “Motion to Recommit” after a bill is approved. The new rules allow the minority to demand a vote on whether the bill should be returned to committee without any proposing or debating specific revisions.

The rules changes would bar former House members convicted of crimes related to their legislative service or election from the House floor.

Democrats would make it a violation of the Code of Official Conduct for a lawmaker or employee to disclose the identity of a whistleblower or disseminate manipulated media, including photos and videos, known as “deepfakes.”

The proposed rules would also protect House whistleblowers from retaliation.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#52 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:11 am

Read on Twitter

It appears Trump is the only person who doesn't know every member of Congress who gave lip service to the January 6th scheme were not actually interested in Trump's survival, just scoring points with his lunatic fringe

Trump is so stupid he actually thought he still had a shot of overturning the election and that Pence was on his team. What a dolt
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#53 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:38 am

Read on Twitter

Derp
ImageImageImage
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,980

Post#54 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Jan 2, 2021 4:41 am

Read on Twitter
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,761

Post#55 » by omerome » Sat Jan 2, 2021 4:58 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:
Read on Twitter

The best incompetence money can buy.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#56 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:22 am

Lin Wood calling for Pence’s execution via firing squad is exactly where I expected these treasonous weasels to take it once all their other gambits failed miserably.

As always, the fringe right will push for executions by the government when they don’t get their way.

I don’t wish death upon anyone, but the world will be better off without ppl like this

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#57 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:30 am

dakomish23 wrote:Lin Wood calling for Pence’s execution via firing squad is exactly where I expected these treasonous weasels to take it once all their other gambits failed miserably.

As always, the fringe right will push for executions by the government when they don’t get their way.

I don’t wish death upon anyone, but the world will be better off without ppl like this

As I said before, there should be legislation that penalizes these kinds of statements as acts of sedition. Several of them, Bannon being one of them, have called for public officials to be executed or assassinated. This should not be swept under the rug. I'm hoping the incoming AG takes action and indicts these people for making public threats.
ImageImageImage
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#58 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:33 am

dakomish23 wrote:Lin Wood calling for Pence’s execution via firing squad is exactly where I expected these treasonous weasels to take it once all their other gambits failed miserably.

The majority of right wing base recognizes that Lin Wood is acting like a nutter right now
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,413

Post#59 » by fleet » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:11 am

Clyde_Style wrote:

As I said before, there should be legislation that penalizes these kinds of statements as acts of sedition. Several of them, Bannon being one of them, have called for public officials to be executed or assassinated. This should not be swept under the rug. I'm hoping the incoming AG takes action and indicts these people for making public threats.

It is all a big joke for some reason, like let's just laugh it all off because a coup isn't likely to happen. What Louie Goober and Trump are asking Pence to do, what they've been doing al along, it is remarkable rebellion against this republic coming from within. We have been frogs slowly boiled in water. How they have not been thrown out of office yet is amazing, but how there is not loud calls from opposition and patriotic GOP goverment officials for their ouster at least is hard to reconcile. I love Nancy Pelosi as a basic functioning cog in the government, but if the tables were turned and Obama or Hillary were engineering this stuff, there really would be pitchforks and torches in front of the WH and the GOP would be non stop on fire for arrest, and they wouldn't be just playing this time. Democrats are sooooo laid back, and I kind of hate it. Maybe there are quantum math political angles I have no clue about. The people in those purple states hesitant to vote for Dems are the ones that might appreciate a liiiittle more passion out of opposition leadership. If Dems don't start capturing people's hearts instead of angling for their minds, they will keep falling 2 steps behind for every one step forward. The rebels have 2 and 1/2 cable networks now.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#60 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:23 am

fleet wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

It is all a big joke for some reason, like let's just laugh it all off because a coup isn't likely to happen. What Louie Goober and Trump are asking Pence to do, what they've been doing al along, it is remarkable rebellion against this republic coming from within. We have been frogs slowly boiled in water. How they have not been thrown out of office yet is amazing, but how there is not loud calls from opposition and patriotic GOP goverment officials for their ouster at least is hard to reconcile. I love Nancy Pelosi as a basic functioning cog in the government, but if the tables were turned and Obama or Hillary were engineering this stuff, there really would be pitchforks and torches in front of the WH and the GOP would be non stop on fire for arrest, and they wouldn't be just playing this time. Democrats are sooooo laid back, and I kind of hate it. Maybe there are quantum math political angles I have no clue about. The people in those purple states hesitant to vote for Dems are the ones that might appreciate a liiiittle more passion out of opposition leadership. If Dems don't start capturing people's hearts instead of angling for their minds, they will keep falling 2 steps behind for every one step forward. The rebels have 2 and 1/2 cable networks now.

There's plenty of posters in this thread who are disappointed in the Dems for being too passive. I totally understand why, but I also understand there is another scenario playing out simultaneously, i.e. the GA Run-Offs.

I'm pretty sure the Dems are continuing to follow Biden's successful path to victory in the general election which to a large degree was premised on letting Trump set himself on fire. Sure, you speak up here and there and note your objections, but the fundamental situation is Trump and his die hard allies continue to set themselves on fire. And that very much does feed into the GA campaigns, i.e. let them continue sabotaging themselves and I think it is good strategy seeing how some of Trump's associates have been advocating staying home and not voting.

Basically, the Dems appear to be more in a crouching tiger posture than a meek mouse one. Everyone on both sides are holding their breath to see what happens on January 5th in GA and the Dems are giving the right wing media cabals as little to bounce off as possible while Lin Wood and Trump set themselves on fire. For the showdown stuff with Mitch, they're letting guys like Sanders carry their water for now which I think was smart. I'm hopeful and somewhat confident the Dems are going to take both seats and if they do then I believe my assessment of how they are handling this will be borne out.
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks