ImageImageImageImageImage

Is RJ Barrett a beast?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Is RJ Barrett a bust?

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes: 347

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,918

Re: Is RJ Barrett a bust? 

Post#641 » by cgf » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:55 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:That dude last night in RJs jersey was someone else because RJ never does behind the back pass or throw so many alleyoops or play according to defense this was a completely different player then what we have seen from him.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

He has hit Mitch for multiple alley oops

What a bust.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#642 » by moocow007 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Word of advice to all...

If you are going to be quick triggered with the "bust" comments, make sure your aim is accurate. Cause when it's not you're going to come off as a :clown:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,492

Post#643 » by KnicksGod » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:38 pm

He is a bust -- as in, RJ will bust your ass.
NY Knicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 275

Post#644 » by NY Knicka » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:44 pm

What is RJ Barrett’s vertical leap?

I’m glad he is playing better but he moves like he has concrete shoes on. As long as it is effective I guess.
cgf
RealGM

Post#645 » by cgf » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:50 pm

NY Knicka wrote:What is RJ Barrett’s vertical leap?

I’m glad he is playing better but he moves like he has concrete shoes on. As long as it is effective I guess.

RJ doesn't have a vertical leap, he actually can't even lift his feet & has to shuffle over to anywhere he wants to go.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,293

Post#646 » by Oscirus » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:25 pm

Since this is the rj thread for now i'll post this article here. https://theknickswall.com/could-untethering-julius-randle-from-rj-barrett-unlock-guards-offense/ Dont know if i agree with the premise but still something to consider
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
cgf
RealGM

Post#647 » by cgf » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:30 pm

Oscirus wrote:Since this is the rj thread for now i'll post this article here. https://theknickswall.com/could-untethering-julius-randle-from-rj-barrett-unlock-guards-offense/ Dont know if i agree with the premise but still something to consider

I'd like to see RJ & Julius staggered a bit because I think Quickley needs a second playmaker out there with him for the offense to reliably hum even when he's not on fire.

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,293

Post#648 » by Oscirus » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:32 pm

cgf wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Since this is the rj thread for now i'll post this article here. https://theknickswall.com/could-untethering-julius-randle-from-rj-barrett-unlock-guards-offense/ Dont know if i agree with the premise but still something to consider

I'd like to see RJ & Julius staggered a bit because I think Quickley needs a second playmaker out there with him for the offense to reliably hum even when he's not on fire.

yea i def wouldnt mind seeing more of a seperation between the vets and the youngsters would probably help both players actually
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#649 » by moocow007 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:57 pm

cgf wrote:

It's going to be tough cause other than about 4 or 5 minutes a game both guys are always on the floor. :lol:

But yeah Thibs should just make sure that one or the other is always on the floor and that he maybe ratchet down each guys minutes by a 3 or 4 minutes a game.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#650 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:01 pm

cgf wrote:

Co-signed. I’m still hoping for a few minutes of

IQ
RJB
Knox
Obi
Mitch
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
cgf
RealGM

Post#651 » by cgf » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:04 pm

moocow007 wrote:
cgf wrote:

It's going to be tough cause other than about 4 or 5 minutes a game both guys are always on the floor. :lol:

But yeah Thibs should just make sure that one or the other is always on the floor and that he maybe ratchet down each guys minutes by a 3 or 4 minutes a game.

That's what I'd like to see. Let RJ be the first sub for Burks if Julius is going and RJ isn't carrying us, so that he can come back on when Julius subs out for Obi. Burks & Bullock can give Julius a little more room to operate despite Elf's man being free to hang out in the paint...especially if IQ subbing in for Elf was the next change.

cgf
RealGM

Post#652 » by cgf » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:07 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Co-signed. I’m still hoping for a few minutes of

IQ
RJB
Knox
Obi
Mitch

That's the dream, but I wouldn't complain about getting regular doses of:

IQ
Burks/Bullock
RJ
Obi
Noel

I just wanna get a feel for what IQ, RJ & Obi look like together, even if it's alongside a veteran rim-protector instead of Mitch and a veteran shooter instead of Kevin.

BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#653 » by BugginOut » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:56 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,510

Post#654 » by Iron Mantis » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:14 pm

RJ's pedigree tells you he will an efficient 20ppg scorer in this league. A burning passion for the game and relentless hard work will always yield results in due time.

This thread is gonna need a lot more than this by the end of this season

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,693

Post#655 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:23 pm

moocow007 wrote:Word of advice to all...

If you are going to be quick triggered with the "bust" comments, make sure your aim is accurate. Cause when it's not you're going to come off as a :clown:

That's no fun. :lol:

Good, just remember that the same rules apply to Frank. :D
Free Palestine
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#656 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:30 am

Bust on your mom’s forehead
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,334

Post#657 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:31 am

Remake the thread for Toppin, and the answer is yes.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,478

Post#658 » by RHODEY » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:41 am

The way RJ shot from range today was encouraging to say the least. Followed through with his stroke, no hesitation and the ball was going through with nothing but net - all the way out to the 3pt point line.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#659 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:18 am

Read on Twitter

If this becomes a normal shot RJB knocks down watch out
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#660 » by BugginOut » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:32 am

And so it begins...

Return to New York Knicks