ImageImageImageImageImage

Is RJ Barrett a beast?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Is RJ Barrett a bust?

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes: 347

DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Re: Is RJ Barrett a bust? 

Post#961 » by DowNY » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:41 pm

Some of y’all were killing the kid off of bad streak of games in his 2nd year in a pandemic and called him complete trash.

Can y’all maybe wait til he’s like 24/25 before y’all completely decide he can’t be a #1? As if a Knick fan base knows what it’s like to develop those.

Some of y’all make me sick
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Post#962 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:57 pm

YouthMovement wrote:
BugginOut wrote:Jesus what happened to Ja this season. It looked like he was about to tear up the league in the first 2 games. Now he is playing terribly. His poor shooting is really a negative.

he'll be fine. still has his team over .500 in the west with practically no help

That team lacks star power but that is a very well built team.

PG
Ja
Tyus. Tyus is a very good backup PG

SG:
Grayson
Bane
Both are sharp shooters. Grayson is the better defender while Bane is the better shooter out of the two

Wings:
Kyle Anderson
Dillon Brooks
Justise Winslow

Winslow is an elite defender who is a good point forward, just doesnt have a good jumper. Anderson is a jack of all trades and Brooks is hit or miss, but can get hot on offense

Bigs:
Jonas
Clarke

That is 9 deep right there of all positive impact players. Again they lack the star power, but that roster is very well built. That isnt even mentioning Melton who is another guard that is a 40+% 3pt shooter.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#963 » by dakomish23 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:56 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I think it should / must stay open but this thread has become comedy.

This thread is nothing

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2040066&hilit=Nets

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2040561&hilit=Nets&start=180#p87980760
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Post#964 » by El Poochio » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:24 am

Put some respect on his name

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio

Post#965 » by El Poochio » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:25 am

ESPN WANKERS WHERE DEY ATTTTT

El Poochio

Post#966 » by El Poochio » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:26 am

Leaving ESPN might be the best career decision Paul Pierce ever made

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,863

Post#967 » by KnicksGod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:58 am

Wherever things end up, RJ is having a better 2nd season than Morant.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#968 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:59 am

I can’t stop being impressed with the vision. So many good passes that don’t show up in the box score as an assist.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Leave the thread open forever

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,080

Post#969 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:59 am

KnicksGod wrote:Wherever things end up, RJ is having a better 2nd season than Morant.

El Poochio

Post#970 » by El Poochio » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:00 am

KnicksGod wrote:Wherever things end up, RJ is having a better 2nd season than Morant.

Morant vs RJ next game

knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,815

Post#971 » by knicks94 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:44 pm

I'd be more worried about the Knicks drafting the right players to surround RJ than RJ not being a future superstar.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#972 » by robillionaire » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:08 pm

El Poochio wrote:

Morant vs RJ next game

I checked to see where Morant is on that "under 25" espn list and apparently morant was also snubbed from the list, found that interesting especially since he won rookie of the year last year

lamelo was #3 on it behind luka and zion, he was ahead of players like tatum and booker etc. maybe we should have traded up and drafted him to play with RJ

RJ had a good game last night, the clutch 3 that RJ made to tie the game was very encouraging, one of the first big clutch shots in the last minute that I can remember him making. He had a game clinching layup against the rockets last year as well but this was a jumper. Also forgotten was that a couple minutes before that he had a long 2 pointer that he shot with confidence and nailed, I was really impressed by that one as well. If I had to criticize it I would say the late game turnover/saved ball to Brown that led to a layup on the other end was a play that killed us, also just the fact that the opposing starting SG Brown had 32 pts mostly scoring on RJ, would have liked to see a better defensive effort.

His 3pt% is an amazing transformation but we have to look at the types of attempts he's taking. Last year he was shooting a lot of ill advised off the dribble top of the key stuff. This year all his attempts are wide open catch and shoot attempts from the corners and a little from the wing. Randle draws attention from the defense and finds him open on a lot of his attempts. The "put the ball in his hands" ppl should be aware that RJ won't be shooting like this from 3 anymore if we did that. We have found a formula that works with RJ, he appears to be a knockdown efficient catch and shoot guy in the corner and wings and he continues to build his confidence, I wouldn't mess with that and try to make him be Kobe. I still think he could benefit more if we had a real PG who could penetrate and find him open instead of Randle
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#973 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:01 pm

robillionaire wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

Morant vs RJ next game

I checked to see where Morant is on that "under 25" espn list and apparently morant was also snubbed from the list, found that interesting especially since he won rookie of the year last year

lamelo was #3 on it behind luka and zion, he was ahead of players like tatum and booker etc. maybe we should have traded up and drafted him to play with RJ

And the window to tank is essentially done. The byproduct of draft picks panning out and a big FA signing surpassing expectations.

We're not going to be top 5 pick bad for a while (by record).

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Vampirate
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,616

Post#974 » by Vampirate » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:05 pm

No, no he's not. Kudos to him on the great improvement on his shooting.

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#975 » by robillionaire » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:43 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Morant vs RJ next game

And the window to tank is essentially done. The byproduct of draft picks panning out and a big FA signing surpassing expectations.

I'm honestly not so sure about that. This team has overachieved. There's no reason to assume next year will be better.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,354

Post#976 » by F N 11 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:20 pm

Vampirate wrote:No, no he's not. Kudos to him on the great improvement on his shooting.

Was just about to post this!!! Finish strong RJ!!!!
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,064

Post#977 » by RHODEY » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:33 pm

robillionaire wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

Morant vs RJ next game

RJ had a good game last night, the clutch 3 that RJ made to tie the game was very encouraging, one of the first big clutch shots in the last minute that I can remember him making. He had a game clinching layup against the rockets last year as well but this was a jumper. Also forgotten was that a couple minutes before that he had a long 2 pointer that he shot with confidence and nailed, I was really impressed by that one as well. If I had to criticize it I would say the late game turnover/saved ball to Brown that led to a layup on the other end was a play that killed us, also just the fact that the opposing starting SG Brown had 32 pts mostly scoring on RJ, would have liked to see a better defensive effort.

His 3pt% is an amazing transformation but we have to look at the types of attempts he's taking. Last year he was shooting a lot of ill advised off the dribble top of the key stuff. This year all his attempts are wide open catch and shoot attempts from the corners and a little from the wing. Randle draws attention from the defense and finds him open on a lot of his attempts. The "put the ball in his hands" ppl should be aware that RJ won't be shooting like this from 3 anymore if we did that. We have found a formula that works with RJ, he appears to be a knockdown efficient catch and shoot guy in the corner and wings and he continues to build his confidence, I wouldn't mess with that and try to make him be Kobe. I still think he could benefit more if we had a real PG who could penetrate and find him open instead of Randle

Ironically when it comes to 3 pt shooting his progression reminds me of Jaylen Brown's.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,007

Post#978 » by god shammgod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:57 pm

robillionaire wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

I'm honestly not so sure about that. This team has overachieved. There's no reason to assume next year will be better.

some of the guys who played big roles might not be back too. bullock & burks have probably earned themselves bigger deals than we'll be willing to pay.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#979 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:28 pm

god shammgod wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

some of the guys who played big roles might not be back too. bullock & burks have probably earned themselves bigger deals than we'll be willing to pay.

You guys are not building in the growth of the kids as well to at least maintain this level. Mitch will get better. IQ will get better. RJB will get better. Who knows about everyone else but the keeps will continue to climb.

The journeymen guys are replaceable.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#980 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Never close this thread

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks