ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Randle >>>> Harden etc

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Re: Around the NBA - Randle >>>> Harden etc 

Post#1301 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:45 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
DowNY wrote:Looks like Rockets are going to offer Oladipo the max.
Time to focus on trading for LaVine please

Yes this is our chance!

Knicks aren't doing d*ck.

Maybe they'll pick up some 2035 2nd rounders for Bojangles Jr and Bustalina at the deadline.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#1302 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:46 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

All three white Brooklynite types, which I guess is probably all Mr Tweeter interacts with, so we should try to be understanding.

Also, Nets didn't grab a rich white kid with dreadlocks and trust fund money, so the iconic Trustafarian is missing.

OTOH they do have the cryptocurrency guy.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1303 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:47 am

Mr Rabbit wrote:Way of the world in the NBA. Stars get what stars want. Harden won

Knicks are banking on this to get players.

The small flaw in their plan is that zero NBA players, except Austin Rivers, want the Knicks.

Oh, I mean, some will take the $ after no other teams call them.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1304 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:51 am

DickGrayson wrote:Houston wild (Please Use More Appropriate Word) for letting Allen go to Cleveland when Houston needed a young center to secure that spot. Now Cleveland has good depth with their bigs switching between Drummond/Allen and the Sexland backcourt has been productive with a lot of promise. Okoro/Osman are good wings to build around for their future.

Houston did get a lot of draft picks, so more power to them. I usually don't judge these trades until I see who and where they draft at exactly, it gives them more bargaining chips in case they want to make another move.

I'm a Knicks fan since the early 90s, but damn I hate KD's incel beta internet burner non shape ass having personality. I'll never want to see him win another ring after his snake move to GS.

Can we admit Steve Nash has the hardest coaching job in NBA history? His first year coaching and he has to battle covid restrictions, all the bad news hitting media with unrest in this country, and the toxic headlines Harden and Irving have filled up.

Say what you want about the Nets bench, they can easily fill up the bench since theres a lot of guys in free agency who can fill a rotation. Andre Robertson for defense and Michael Beasley for rebounds and points who has a very close relationship with KD. We'll see though. I gotta admit, Harden, Irving and KD is the best scoring trio you can combine in the current generation based on they all can drop 30 ppg on high % and they should take advantage of this opportunity because it's their best shot to contend right now and they need to recruit more to their team like how Lebron and AD did on the Lakers.

This obviously has a high potential to fail, it may drive Steve Nash away from coaching and it may destroy the Brooklyn franchise forever if Irving all of sudden retires, Harden gets exposed for being on the decline. They still have Joe Harris and TLC who I really like.

PG - Kyrie Irving/Landry Shamet
SG - James Harden/Landry Shamet
SF - Joe Harris/TLC
PF - Kevin Durant/Jeff Green
C - DeAndre Jordan/Nicolas Claxon

a 9 man rotoation is enough and this roster can def compete, but it depends on where Irving's head is at and if Harden really wants to win a championship and how game is KD to get ring #3.

but f the Nets if this fails they will be a laughing stock for decades.

Fairly humorous at Cleveland being able to accelerate their rebuild while the Knicks stay sucking and even went backwards drafting Obi Floppin' and trading all over the late first for a combo guard who became scared of shooting 5 games into his NBA career.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1305 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:53 am

dakomish23 wrote:Lowry
Oladipo Lavine
RJB Knox
Randle Obi
Mitch

Looks and smells like garbage.

Therefore, the Knicks will do it.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1306 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:54 am

cgf wrote:
BugginOut wrote:
DowNY wrote:Looks like Rockets are going to offer Oladipo the max.
Time to focus on trading for LaVine please

2021 FA looking worse and worse. Who we going after Jrue? Duncan Robinson?

I'm hoping for Lonzo Ball & Talen Horton-Tucker/Gary Trent Jr...would even give something up to get Lonzo early if the Pels wanted to move on already.

Aren't those players restricted FA's? I know THT and GTJ are.

Knicks don't have the stones to make the kind of move that brings THT and GTJ.

Lonzo? Who knows.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1307 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:58 am

Guano wrote:htf are we suppose to balance the drama of the nba and US politics at the same time? it's too damn much right now.

I dunno. Maybe some white supremacists can blow up MSG (with no one inside) and bring the two topics together, while also ending the Knick's season.

At least no more Knicks would be a relief.

Or, they'd have to play in Brooklyn when the Nets are traveling. Oh well. Can't win even with the terrorism.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,368

Post#1308 » by Iron Mantis » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:31 am

Nets definitely come out of the east now.

Power move.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#1309 » by bleedblue3303 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:56 am

mrpoetryNmotion wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:Hopefully a lawyer can answer this one for me. If Kyrie Irving is missing games for personal reasons, or for his quest to inform about injustice, couldn't the nets void his contract for breach of contract. I've always been curious about things like this. The Nets go into a contract in good faith expecting Kyrie to play basketball. If Kyrie is unavailable to do so for other reasons than an injury aren't the Nets in their legal rights to terminate that contract.
Not saying the Nets should just curious if they could.

Not a lawyer, but I do work with contracts. I think the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) is very player friendly and it is virtually impossible to void a contract, which is sort of why you never see it. If a team moves to void a contract, the player has a right to file a grievance and that gets arbitrated and I think it is very rare for the arbitrators to vote in favor of voiding a contract. Under the Uniform Commercial Code or Federal Acquisition Regulation, it is a bit more cut and dry as to what happens when there is a failure to perform or meet the terms/condition of a contract. For a commercial product/service, if, say the plumber never shows up to your house you either are entitled to a refund or you wouldn't pay since services weren't rendered. For Government contracts, the Government would hit the contractor with a cure notice followed by a termination for default if there was no resolution. The CBA language is in the below link and the language you're looking for can be found in Exhibit A -- Uniform Player Contract, A-16.

https://cosmic-s3.imgix.net/3c7a0a50-8e11-11e9-875d-3d44e94ae33f-2017-NBA-NBPA-Collective-Bargaining-Agreement.pdf

Thank you so much. I always used the argument I was using for Kyrie in the case of Eddy Curry. Because when people agree to a contract it is implied they will do the minimum to perform said task. I always felt Eddy ate himself into shape that was impossible to perform on the basketball court. Therefore never living up to the expected minimum to perform his contractual obligation. So we should have been able to void his contract.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,045

Post#1310 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:02 am

Brickstaps 6-16. Good riddance
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#1311 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:07 am

The defense sucks again and that's partly on Randle. So no I don't care about his points.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#1312 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:08 am

3toheadmelo wrote:Brickstaps 6-16. Good riddance

On this we agree.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#1313 » by WargamesX » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:15 am

KnicksGod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Brickstaps 6-16. Good riddance

On this we agree.

I need them to lose though. He can score 50 as long as they lose :banghead:

I’m telling ya’ll this season is going to be the nadir of this franchise. All the stupid **** catching up with them
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1314 » by HEZI » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:17 am

Mavs pick not looking good.

And Lamelo really is a taller Brandon Jennings.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#1315 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:19 am

HEZI wrote:Mavs pick not looking good.

Yeah I didn't get why people were drooling over him after the last game. He has some good attributes but definitely doesn't look like some drool-worthy guy. More like a bust than he does a gem.
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#1316 » by DickGrayson » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:58 am

KnicksGod wrote:

Yeah I didn't get why people were drooling over him after the last game. He has some good attributes but definitely doesn't look like some drool-worthy guy. More like a bust than he does a gem.

You can't be serious.

LaMelo is averaging 13ppg 7rpg 6apg off the BENCH shooting 41% and 35% while RJ Barrett a sophomore is shooting 36% FG and 18% 3pt

this is comedy how Knick fans try to downplay a superior prospect when our very own can't even boost barely a better FG% than LaMelo's 3pt% and people said "LaMelo can't shoot".

35% 3pt is very good for any first year player.

Along with the 7 rebounds...when in any lifetime Brandon Jennings averaged 7 rebounds? This is crazy. LaMelo producing record breaking triple doubles and we have people here thinking he's not drool worthy when our own prospect can't even score without looking like a inefficient slob who should go back to Canada before bringing that trash to NY.

Lavar Postell post better shooting percentage, I thought us Knick fans should be humbled.

I've watched LaMelo every game this season. He's legit. Especially for us Knick fans who come from a world of Channing Frye, David Lee....tbh the best dude we drafted was Danilo and LaMelo right now is producing at a rate no Knick prospect is familiar with. I'm hoping Toppin becomes a more productive player than Barrett and Immanuel Quickley is the real deal.

But the LaMelo downplay is so 2020. People mad at the kid for whatever reason but it's 2021 and LaMelo has been a HUGE reason along with Gordon Hayward while Charlotte is a team people can actually watch and see exciting basketball.

Whatever flaws LaMelo has is usually the same with most rookies, strength, defense, awareness. It's a non issue. I really think the LaMelo downplay is wild unnecessary because if he was a Knick dropping a triple double this whole board would lose it's mind. We don't have that kind of talent and Charlotte made a great pick. LaMelo has zero bust potential.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,313

Post#1317 » by duetta » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:07 am

And I was upset about the Anthony trade...

Glad that I am not a Nets fan. They better win it all because that franchise is looking at nuclear winter shortly thereafter.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#1318 » by knickstape4ever » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:14 am

when are the Wolves gonna fire Saunders? they can't even win w/ Towns
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,636

Post#1319 » by DaGawd » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:14 am

duetta wrote:And I was upset about the Anthony trade...

Glad that I am not a Nets fan. They better win it all because that franchise is looking at nuclear winter shortly thereafter.

At least they have realistic hope at winning something in the near future. I’m wondering if I’ll ever see a good Knicks team again while I’m alive
BaF
Washington Wizards
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#1320 » by dakomish23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:16 am

KnicksGod wrote:

He’s no Jalen Brunson
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks