ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Nuggets PG

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,190

Re: Knicks - Nuggets PG 

Post#61 » by Garbagelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:44 am

Randle's trade window is slowly closing. You can't let this chance pass without getting something.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,709

Post#62 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:45 am

Start the engine
Free Palestine
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#63 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:46 am

god shammgod wrote:
K-DOT wrote:In my opinion, the issue is just lack of consistency, cause we are kind of dependent on young guys to contribute

RJ swings wildly from game to game (though he has a lot more sh*t games than good games), Knox is getting a lot of minutes off the bench, and Quickley has a lot on his shoulders as the backup PG

None of these guys are consistent. But honestly, I can accept that from RJ and Quick, less so for Knox (who has been better to start the year, I'll admit). It's the fact that Payton and Bullock are so inconsistent as well that kills us. You can't be nearly a decade into your career and still get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to having inconsistencies. If you replace Payton and Bullock with consistent players, even if they're not great, it'd be a lot easier for us to get away with RJ and Quick (and Obi as well when he gets healthy, he's still a young player and I don't think he'll be consistent) being inconsistent cause we're not relying on them so much

Randle and Mitch are our best players because they're the only consistent ones. Rivers is maybe in that category, but he hasn't played enough yet this year.

while i agree with you, i personally get annoyed more with rj being bad than payton/bullock. because if they suck, it doesn't really matter. it's just ruining right now and so what. they have no future here. rj being bad is actually gonna affect the future if he can't become a lot better.

yeah we need RJ to be good. he needs to improve his shot and the team needs more shooters around him
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,309

Post#64 » by DOT » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:47 am

god shammgod wrote:while i agree with you, i personally get annoyed more with rj being bad than payton/bullock. because if they suck, it doesn't really matter. it's just ruining right now and so what. they have no future here. rj being bad is actually gonna affect the future if he can't become a lot better.

That's more than fair

And I would much rather have RJ be good than Payton/Bullock be good

But it is what it is. At this point, nobody outside of Randle (and arguably Mitch, but that's another discussion) is doing anyone any favors on offense. They all collectively suck, and it's feeding into itself like a black hole of suck

It should now be clear that we were winning in spite of the starting lineup, not because of them.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,304

Post#65 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:47 am

Can’t wait to see Lamelo light us up tomorrow night!!!!!!
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#66 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:48 am

Garbagelo wrote:Randle's trade window is slowly closing. You can't let this chance pass without getting something.

if he's traded it might take awhile. a lot of players can't be traded until March so waiting opens up more options
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,500

Post#67 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:49 am

I’m not sure RJ is a 3rd option type player anymore. He’s starting to hit Wiggins level bad.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#68 » by whocares1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:49 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
K-DOT wrote:In my opinion, the issue is just lack of consistency, cause we are kind of dependent on young guys to contribute

RJ swings wildly from game to game (though he has a lot more sh*t games than good games), Knox is getting a lot of minutes off the bench, and Quickley has a lot on his shoulders as the backup PG

None of these guys are consistent. But honestly, I can accept that from RJ and Quick, less so for Knox (who has been better to start the year, I'll admit). It's the fact that Payton and Bullock are so inconsistent as well that kills us. You can't be nearly a decade into your career and still get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to having inconsistencies. If you replace Payton and Bullock with consistent players, even if they're not great, it'd be a lot easier for us to get away with RJ and Quick (and Obi as well when he gets healthy, he's still a young player and I don't think he'll be consistent) being inconsistent cause we're not relying on them so much

Randle and Mitch are our best players because they're the only consistent ones. Rivers is maybe in that category, but he hasn't played enough yet this year.

while i agree with you, i personally get annoyed more with rj being bad than payton/bullock. because if they suck, it doesn't really matter. it's just ruining right now and so what. they have no future here. rj being bad is actually gonna affect the future if he can't become a lot better.

yeah we need RJ to be good. he needs to improve his shot and the team needs more shooters around him

Hes just not a shooter.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#69 » by BBALLER4FR » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:50 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:Thibs had Quickley lighting it up at one point. What did he do? Let Elfrid hustle him into keeping the starting spot. Now Quickley looks awful. Knox WAS playing well defensively and shooting the ball well. Not anymore. Again, the starters run this sh*t show.
Quickley played more than 1 game.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

I know. My thing is his good play was followed by Payton's atypical stretch that gave Thibs more confidence in Payton than Quickley. Immanuel may not be a great PG, but he'll give you more as a threat than Payton.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,709

Post#70 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:52 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:Thibs had Quickley lighting it up at one point. What did he do? Let Elfrid hustle him into keeping the starting spot. Now Quickley looks awful. Knox WAS playing well defensively and shooting the ball well. Not anymore. Again, the starters run this sh*t show.

I know. My thing is his good play was followed by Payton's atypical stretch that gave Thibs more confidence in Payton than Quickley. Immanuel may not be a great PG, but he'll give you more as a threat than Payton.

He'll also make more mistakes.
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,682

Post#71 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:52 am

wally just said

payton is a great defender and a great passer and he is a walking triple double if he has shooters around him.

I didn't even paraphrase :rofl:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
BBALLER4FR
RealGM

Post#72 » by BBALLER4FR » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:54 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:Quickley played more than 1 game.

He'll also make more mistakes.

I can deal with his mistake over Elfrids. He can grow.

Buttah304
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 16,747

Post#73 » by evevale » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:55 am

So let's say our offensive struggles continue and we trend downwards back towards the bottom of the standings. At this point of the season, who can we really project to finish lower than us? DET maybe, I don't see Grant or Griffin carrying those guys to many wins. TOR has looked very average and their fans seem fed up w/ Pascal and want to blow the team up. Hornets have been playing really well lately w/ Rozier and Ball both shining. Hawks/Bulls/Wolves all have enough talent to get them a couple meaningless wins.

I still think all things considered, we should finish around bottom 5 in which case the season wasn't a complete wash.
whocares1
General Manager

Post#74 » by whocares1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:55 am

mpharris36 wrote:wally just said

payton is a great defender and a great passer and he is a walking triple double if he has shooters around him.

Because Wally gives the casual basketball fan perspective. Just like with Kanter..judging him at this point is pointless.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,500

Post#75 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:56 am

:banghead:
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
BBALLER4FR
RealGM

Post#76 » by BBALLER4FR » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:57 am

Knicks clearly pushing a narrative per the higher ups. Breen, Clyde and now Wally pushing Payton propaganda? Buckle up.

Buttah304
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,554

Post#77 » by adjacent2bench » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:58 am

Trade Julius for a pick and tank. Even with him the team just ain’t good. We got lucky with some of those wins honestly. Austin Rivers was playing out of his mind. IQ was IQ. Frank even looked like Steph n Seth. Time to shut it down. We had our little fun (and it was legit a great time) but the Knicks still need a star and the only way to get it is to get lucky in the lottery.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,304

Post#78 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:58 am

3toheadmelo wrote::banghead:
Read on Twitter

Should’ve taken Tyler herro........
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,682

Post#79 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:58 am

whocares1 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:wally just said

Because Wally gives the casual basketball fan perspective. Just like with Kanter..judging him at this point is pointless.

I get the MSG propaganda but holy crap they can't really peddle that crap with a straight face...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
whocares1
General Manager

Post#80 » by whocares1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:00 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:

Or Quickley has glaring weaknesses that a good team can use against him..

Return to New York Knicks