ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Nets PG - we suck again

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,508

Re: Knicks Nets PG - we suck again 

Post#321 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:42 pm

NYKat wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Outside of Randle, the bright spots of last night was Knox, Quickley and Mitch. Hopefully they can keep it up.

I’d also like to see Knox start.

I’m still not sold on Knox, he’s playing well of late, but I’m just not a believer

I don’t know if he’ll keep it up but I’m glad to see him make some improvements
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#322 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:44 pm

Tron Carter wrote:it starts and ends with Elfrid Payton and all you morons that defended him in previous GTs and PGs should be shot into the phucking moon.

You know there’s a lot of reasonable disagreement about this subject on this forum — some are saying to shoot ELVRID-19 and his fans to the phucking moon while others disagree and say North Korea.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#323 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:48 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Who’s worse? R_Barrett or Kelly Oubre?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,014

Post#324 » by cgf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:50 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:it starts and ends with Elfrid Payton and all you morons that defended him in previous GTs and PGs should be shot into the phucking moon.

well damn

Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,207

Post#325 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:51 pm

Still a little salty we looked at Beasley and Melton and went for Hayward instead :evil:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
booyaka_jones
Sophomore
And1: 227

Post#326 » by booyaka_jones » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:52 pm

Any way I can straight up mute posts by a Buzz? Half of the posts in this thread are his, and are like a depressed 13 year old with nothing to do but troll (badly). I grew up on 4chan, I know the signs. Asking for a friend.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,662

Post#327 » by oldshoolballer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:52 pm

Knicks only have 2 consistent players Randle and Mitch. Burks to if he could stay healthy. Everybody else are bench quality players.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#328 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:54 pm

booyaka_jones wrote:Any way I can straight up mute posts by a Buzz? Half of the posts in this thread are his, and are like a depressed 13 year old with nothing to do but troll (badly). I grew up on 4chan, I know the signs. Asking for a friend.

You can actually.

Click on their name on one of their posts and click "add foe."
BAF Clippers

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,832

Post#329 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:55 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I’ve watched Kings games. He’s a chucker. He takes a lot of bad shots. That’s why his FG% is so low

How do you think he'd look on the Warriors, Lakers, Celtics or next to Doncic?

I think he’d be a good 6th man for them, assuming they’ll hold him accountable

I think he'd obviously start and be a perfect fit for not only all those teams, but also the Bucks, 76ers, Heat, Clippers, Pelicans and Knicks just to name some more contenders.
cgf
RealGM

Post#330 » by cgf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:56 pm

Capn'O wrote:Still a little salty we looked at Beasley and Melton and went for Hayward instead :evil:

Seeing us linked to THT this summer gives me some optimism that a lot of that was just it being the first offseason and the new regime wanting a clearer picture of how our pieces would do under Thibs before adding younger pieces like Beasley/Melton last summer or THT/GTJ/Lonzo, this one.

...either that or they learned the wrong lesson from last summer & we're going to throw a max offer at Lowry after Oladipo re-ups with the Rockets.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#331 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 pm

cgf wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Still a little salty we looked at Beasley and Melton and went for Hayward instead :evil:

Seeing us linked to THT this summer gives me some optimism that a lot of that was just it being the first offseason and the new regime wanting a clearer picture of how our pieces would do under Thibs before adding younger pieces like Beasley/Melton last summer or THT/GTJ/Lonzo, this one.

...either that or they learned the wrong lesson from last summer & we're going to throw a max offer at Lowry after Oladipo re-ups with the Rockets.

Oladipo would be a good get but, you know, don't go chasing waterfalls.

THT would be a GREAT get.
BAF Clippers

cgf
RealGM

Post#332 » by cgf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:How do you think he'd look on the Warriors, Lakers, Celtics or next to Doncic?

I think he’d be a good 6th man for them, assuming they’ll hold him accountable

I think he'd obviously start and be a perfect fit for not only all those teams, but also the Bucks, 76ers, Heat, Clippers, Pelicans and Knicks just to name some more contenders.

He'd be a lot better on a team that didn't let him try to dribble with the ball, but I think you're under-estimating just how bad his defense is.

cgf
RealGM

Post#333 » by cgf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:59 pm

Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:

Oladipo would be a good get but, you know, don't go chasing waterfalls.

THT would be a GREAT get.

If we didn't know that he'd break down for good within a year of signing with us, I'd be more open to VO...but with us being the Knicks, that's a hot-stove that I think I'd rather avoid this time around...

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#334 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:00 pm

I hope we get your guy THT
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#335 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:01 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Who’s worse? R_Barrett or Kelly Oubre?

:lol:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#336 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

I hope we get your guy THT

I'm trying to make this nickname happen. It's gained some traction on the GB :-D
BAF Clippers

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#337 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:06 pm

Nash's comments were a little upsetting. It sounded like a eulogy.
booyaka_jones
Sophomore
And1: 227

Post#338 » by booyaka_jones » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:06 pm

Capn'O wrote:
booyaka_jones wrote:Any way I can straight up mute posts by a Buzz? Half of the posts in this thread are his, and are like a depressed 13 year old with nothing to do but troll (badly). I grew up on 4chan, I know the signs. Asking for a friend.

You can actually.

Click on their name on one of their posts and click "add foe."

Ay thanks man
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man
And1: 3,912

Post#339 » by Dubious Handles » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:My quick, concise thoughts on this team and game (sorry BAF fam only been able to pop in and out of the forum. COVID effing my schedule up. Be back soon..)

The low hanging fruit with this team is moving Elf to the bench unit where he can cook and not allow teams to play zone. It seems as though Thibs doesnt trust IQ fully yet (which makes sense IMO. He's really had more bad games than good games). And I don't think he views Rivers as a pure point. With no Frank and DSJ seemingly in the dog house it makes some logical sense that Elf is still starting. With that being said after 4 games where we weren't in the game for the majority of it, I think something has to give...

I'm going to give Thibs a pass for now with the rotations. WIth the amount of injuries to shooters and key role players his hands are tied. I can't blame him for playing Elf as much as he has or sticking with guys even on bad nights when his replacement option are what they are at the moment. And I don't think the team is quitting or anything like that. Most of our shot makers are just hurt and it's hard to generate offense when 4 of your better shooters are hurt.

Nice to see RJ get going even if the game was somewhat out of reach. Even though he doesn't outwardly show it, he is such a confidence fueled player. It seems like if he makes just 1 outside shot, it seems to get him going offensively and more patient. He seems to press when his shot isn't falling. He's 20 i'm not that concerned. He's shown enough in his good games that I'm fairly confident he's going to be a guy. Whether he is "the guy" remains to be seen but that gets me to my next point...

Randle is "the guy" for now... Accept it or not, this guy is here to stay and I am more than happy with it. There was a period in the first half where he was going back and forth with KD and I felt for a while that we might have a chance even if the majority of the team is off because this guy could just keep us in it. He has his bad moments, but for the most part he has been decisive and confident with everything he does unlike last year. Even with his dip in outside shooting which was expected and most of the shooters on the team out he has kept his all-star level production up and has been noticeably better on the defensive end. 30/6/5 again. Stud like production within the flow of the team. Makes throwing a max or close to it at Oladipo maybe make a little more sense than it did a few months ago :dontknow:

Knox has seemingly found his best role. Shoot open 3s and let that fuel the rest of his game. He still doesn't provide much outside of shooting/scoring but if he is going to continue to shoot near or at 40% from 3 then you can live with it. He's also made more strides defensively. He'll never be great but as long as he's passable it opens up more minutes for him IMO.

Quick getting more willing to shoot is a welcome sight. He needs to be a gunner on this team. I'd like him to tone down the floaters a bit, but he's a rookie so I understand if he is going to continuously do what he's most comfortable with.

Mitch is still a stud defensively. Can get overpowered but for the most part Thibs has maximized him defensively. One thing i've noticed from a scheme standpoint is that our wing defenders seem to collapse unnecessarily which is leaking some 3's. There are times where Mitch clearly has it covered around the rim, but guys are still digging off the corners and elbows. I think Thibs needs to tone that down a bit. Mitch has a lot more covered than I think this team even realizes.

Noel might be a worse rebounder than Porzingis :lol:

yep this is whats striking to me this year. He is playing within himself and within the offense. It just seems so smooth. Last year he took the leap defensively, this year is where his offense takes off.
Anyone who is complaining that he is stunting the development of the youths has hater glasses on!
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man
And1: 3,912

Post#340 » by Dubious Handles » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:09 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:Is it me or does Randle not care about anybody but himself?

I noticed it last year when he refused to shoot 3 point heaves at buzzer before half time

All he has ever cared about is his numbers. Very selfish player

1 year later and I still cant wait for Elf and Randle to get off this team

LeBron also does this, so what? Speaking of LeBron, I think that is Julius' ceiling and who he should model his game after. A LeBron without hops.

Return to New York Knicks