ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Presidential Election Thread: Inauguration Day

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,637

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Inauguration Day 

Post#1601 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:46 am

Just wow, you have to LOL just looking at Tucker’s face as he’s listening to this BS from Gaetz.

Free Palestine
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#1602 » by rammagen » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:30 am

dup post
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,749

Post#1603 » by omerome » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:35 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:OMG, Florida Congressional Rep. Matt Gaetz about to be indicted on Federal sex-trafficking charges.

Hey Polk, is this another example of the Democratic "social identity politics" you were referring to? :lol:

And to take away one of their anticipated talking points, this happened during the previous resident's administration. Oh, noes...

The sources said the probe was opened under former Attorney General William Barr in the final months of the Trump administration and that senior DOJ officials in Washington, D.C., were alerted to the existence of the investigation.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/545648-matt-gaetz-under-investigation-for-alleged-sexual-relations-with-17-year-old
rammagen
Head Coach

Post#1604 » by rammagen » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:37 am

rammagen wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
rammagen wrote:
I look foolish please look in the mirror with your statements that you have made.

Stop being insulting as well. You said the election system is broken nope it is not, I voted for Gore and lived in Florida at the time but please notice the differences because you brought them up.

You are confusing the electoral college versus the popular vote and Gore lost that and went to the Supreme Court and lost the case. Do I think the electoral college is flawed yes I do but it is the system we have now.
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/al-gore-concedes-presidential-election
https://www.history.com/news/2000-election-bush-gore-votes-supreme-court

Did Gore claim the election system was full of fraud ? your statement above makes it sound like he did. But he simply did not make those allegations over and over and told lies like trump. So the next time you try to make a comparison make a fair one. Because you look questionable at best making that comparison and then telling me I am drinking the Koolaid. Because from your posts it definitely looks like you are supporting the rights inadequate argument about the election system being full of fraud it simply is not.

Stop yelling at the sky. No one cares.

You are truly special when does the little yellow bus pick you for school?
Stop trying to make stupid points that have no context and maybe people will stop calling you out or it
The issue here is you think you are smart and trying to pass yourself as more enlightened and you simply are not. You make statements that are incorrect people call you out for it, and you get insulting and then you can not take the correction
Lets review what you have told me
stop yelling at the sky, and stop drinking the kool-aid when I responded to you statements that made absolutely no sense . Gore was cheated the election system is broken, your the one who made the original post. So I think you should stop posting stupid crap and trying to link events that are different in context. I suggest you put me on ignore then and I will do the same I see too much stupid during the day to vague insults from a troll that is all over the place/quote]
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Post#1605 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:00 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Just wow, you have to LOL just looking at Tucker’s face as he’s listening to this BS from Gaetz.

Gaetz looks like Butt-Head all grown up
Jethrobodine123
Junior
And1: 464

Post#1606 » by Jethrobodine123 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:21 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Just wow, you have to LOL just looking at Tucker’s face as he’s listening to this BS from Gaetz.

Gaetz looks like Butt-Head all grown up

Lol yes even Tucker is going like I have no idea what you're talking about and please leave my name out of this. It's such a Republican thing to do, attempt to throw a smoke screen for public consumption to distract from the real issue. It won't work in a court of law if it ever gets there.

Basically, it's the man with the most punchable face speaking to the man with the second most punchable face.

J
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#1607 » by Barcs » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:02 pm

Polk377 wrote:
omerome wrote:
Barcs wrote:
Agreed. What we need is a secure online voting system. I know people are afraid of it but we need to get with the times. If the banks can be secure, then an online voting system could be just as secure if not moreso.

We do, but we all know that Republicans will once again ask, "BuT hOw wILL we PaY for it?!" and because of that, not a single one will be on board for a bi-partisan discussion of implementing a more secure voting system. They have already put it out there that more voters mean they won't win. They are the anti-democracy (small D) party.

So sadly, that discussion about creating a secure online voting system will likely have to wait a while. The most important thing now is passing the current voting rights bill so we can nullify these horrible laws the Republican party is passing in their red states.

Sooo you think the party that is sure the election was rigged would be against changing the system that helped set them up? What sense does that make?

None of them realistically believe that crap. They jumped on the Trump Train to to milk the popularity.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1608 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:40 pm

Polk377 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:It is actually the opposite. I never changed my view of anything. Everyone in the "movement" decided everything in the past should now be erased from existence and that only how you feel about it matters but only if your race, gender or orientation dictates you the right.......

So you feel disenfranchised by the fact that we as a society have promulgated laws to correct effects/impact of discrimination in the past?

My problem is trying to write laws to fix things that happened in the past as if we can go back in time and change them. You can only learn from history, you can't erase it and act like the future will magically change from your rewriting.

You’re referring to the statues of American traitors from the confederacy that we’ve taken down? That’s what drives you?

There has to be more to your faith in the GOP than just that.

Are you against the Green New Deal infrastructure plan? Do you believe in global climate change? Do you work for you a large company/corporation?
Free Palestine
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#1609 » by Polk377 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:04 pm

rammagen wrote:
rammagen wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Stop yelling at the sky. No one cares.

You are truly special when does the little yellow bus pick you for school?
Stop trying to make stupid points that have no context and maybe people will stop calling you out or it
The issue here is you think you are smart and trying to pass yourself as more enlightened and you simply are not. You make statements that are incorrect people call you out for it, and you get insulting and then you can not take the correction
Lets review what you have told me
stop yelling at the sky, and stop drinking the kool-aid when I responded to you statements that made absolutely no sense . Gore was cheated the election system is broken, your the one who made the original post. So I think you should stop posting stupid crap and trying to link events that are different in context. I suggest you put me on ignore then and I will do the same I see too much stupid during the day to vague insults from a troll that is all over the place/quote]

Still no one cares
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1610 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:42 pm

Biden’s infrastructure bill needs to be at least $3T. Hell, even Manchin was talking up $4T and ha previously discussed $3T. Did something happen in the interim that I’m not aware of?
Free Palestine
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1611 » by dakomish23 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
rammagen
Head Coach

Post#1612 » by rammagen » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:59 am

Polk stop quoting and tolling me I told you are on my ignore list and my day is much better for it. not as much crazy I see
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1613 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:28 am

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Jethrobodine123
Junior

Post#1614 » by Jethrobodine123 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 11:43 am

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01/politics/georgia-voting-law-corporate-backlash/index.html

Corporate giants bow to pressure in Georgia voting law backlash

Corporations and the State of Georgia itself could suffer financially if they don't rescind these terrible voting laws. You've got to hit them were it hurts the most, in the pocket book. That's the only thing they understand. Also, I could see the backlash grow beyond your borders, so Home Depot, Coca Cola, United Parcel Service, Delta Air Lines, Arby's, just to name a few, should be very cognizant that they need to do the right thing here.

J
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1615 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 11:22 pm

Technically this is a tweet. Realistically, it’s a beatdown

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1616 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:28 am

“Maybe Mexico shouldn’t let you in”! Oooooo

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1617 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:30 am

Trump’s NDAs which he forced WH staff to sign have been ruled to be unenforceable.

Let the book signings begin! Bahahaha
Free Palestine
Jethrobodine123
Junior

Post#1618 » by Jethrobodine123 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:22 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Technically this is a tweet. Realistically, it’s a beatdown

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

You have to admire AOC's sheer political brilliance, she certainly has a way with words and knows how to put people in their place. I would bet that privately many conservatives would admit that she is a bad-a&&.

J
Jethrobodine123
Junior

Post#1619 » by Jethrobodine123 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:37 pm

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/his-scandal-intensifies-matt-gaetz-running-short-friends-n1262737

As his scandal intensifies, Matt Gaetz is running short on friends

How bad of an a&&hole do you have to be that even the Republicans want no part of you. They very well knew that it was just a matter of time before a scandal would break out. Says everything you need to know about this guy.

J
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1620 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 2, 2021 7:30 pm

MLB pulled the All Star Game and the baseball draft from Atlanta over the voter suppression law. Texas next?

Good news!
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks