ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2

Moderators: K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK

User avatar
mrpoetryNmotion
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 7,677
And1: 1,044
Joined: Jun 28, 2009
Location: Purgatory
     

2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#1 » by mrpoetryNmotion » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:15 pm

Picking up from here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2018877
cgf
RealGM
Posts: 16,311
And1: 3,689
Joined: Jul 01, 2008
Location: laser shield bitches

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#2 » by cgf » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:30 pm

I'd be excited to walk away from our two FRPs with some combination of:

Cade Cunningham
Jalen Green
Jalen Suggs
Evan Mobley
Jonathan Kuminga
Ziaire Williams
Moses Moody
James Bouknight
Jared Butler
Keon Johnson
BJ Boston

and Scottie Lewis with the DET SRP.
dogrufus wrote:Plus the win would put us at .500 and 5 straight wins, making every poster here cream in their pants.

We're Knicks fans. We never get to cream.


cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,982
And1: 2,440
Joined: Dec 13, 2012

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#3 » by knickstape21 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:14 pm

James Bouknight is seriously skilled. He would slide in really nice next to IQ and RJ!
User avatar
knickstape4ever
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,168
And1: 4,606
Joined: Jul 09, 2014
   

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#4 » by knickstape4ever » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:03 pm

knickstape21 wrote:James Bouknight is seriously skilled. He would slide in really nice next to IQ and RJ!


Bouknight is probably my top option if they're picking in the 8-12 range
Image
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 35,873
And1: 18,317
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#5 » by HEZI » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:21 pm



Clutch plays again
DENVER NUGGETS
D'Angelo Russell/Elfrid Payton/Cameron Payne
Jeremy Lamb/Damion Lee/Mason Jones
Andrew Wiggins/Doug McDermott/Sterling Brown
Kristaps Porzingis/Mike Muscala/David Nwaba
Christian Wood/Mason Plumlee/Alex Len
Zenzibar
Analyst
Posts: 3,497
And1: 2,984
Joined: Jan 10, 2019
         

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#6 » by Zenzibar » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:55 pm

Cade is legit! He took over in a highly-competitive close game.

Imagine that the Knicks are more than covered for this talented draft.
cgf
RealGM
Posts: 16,311
And1: 3,689
Joined: Jul 01, 2008
Location: laser shield bitches

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#7 » by cgf » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:12 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:James Bouknight is seriously skilled. He would slide in really nice next to IQ and RJ!


Bouknight is probably my top option if they're picking in the 8-12 range


You know Ziaire is my guy, but if we don't pick him, Bouknight or Moody would be fantastic.
dogrufus wrote:Plus the win would put us at .500 and 5 straight wins, making every poster here cream in their pants.

We're Knicks fans. We never get to cream.


cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.
dukeknicksirish
Pro Prospect
Posts: 769
And1: 99
Joined: Nov 02, 2010

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#8 » by dukeknicksirish » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:16 am

Another Mavs loss !!!
I can do everything through him who gives me strength- Philipians 4:13....
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 49,420
And1: 54,118
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#9 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:32 am

Definitely wouldn’t mind Boukuknight. At first I thought he was a bench scorer but I think he actually might be a lot better than that. He’s a walking bucket
Bubble Champions
CavsNation
PG: Murray/Schroder
SG: Lavine/Dunn
SF: Tatum/Hart
PF: Bam/ Tate
C: Ayton/Randle


It's like when lil bitches make subliminal records,If it ain't directed directly at me,I don't respect it
User avatar
knickstape4ever
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,168
And1: 4,606
Joined: Jul 09, 2014
   

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#10 » by knickstape4ever » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:13 am

Image

speak it into existence
Image
HerSports85
RealGM
Posts: 11,533
And1: 12,076
Joined: Dec 22, 2011

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#11 » by HerSports85 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:17 am

Liking Kip if we end up in the teens.
WargamesX
Veteran
Posts: 2,671
And1: 1,506
Joined: Apr 10, 2017
   

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#12 » by WargamesX » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:26 am



Finally we can all watch Cade without feeling guilty about the Knicks playoff hopes!

If the Knicks grabbed this kid, I think Thibs would make him a MVP like he did Rose.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 27,713
And1: 23,176
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
       

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#13 » by 2010 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:55 pm

FIRST TRY

Image
Image Image

We The North...

1: James | Graham | Shamet
2: Bogdonovic | Kennard | Galloway
3: Barton | Mathews | McCaw
4: Ibaka | Johnson | Ojeleye
5: Cousins | Gasol | Kornet

https://youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
User avatar
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
Posts: 10,546
And1: 9,321
Joined: Sep 13, 2017

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#14 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:36 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:Image

speak it into existence


Dude can you imagine........

Cade
IQ
Rj
Kuminga
Mitch

Or

Cade/IQ
Rj
Kuminga
Randle
Mitch


That would be sooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
8516knicks
Rookie
Posts: 1,022
And1: 513
Joined: May 18, 2017
   

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#15 » by 8516knicks » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:38 pm

nba draft room (how's their scouting rep?) has us with Usman Garuba? (from Mavs pick) with Zaire W also in range and then a bit later with our own pick Springer or Moses M. both shooting guards. Their brief on each sound great for a big and shooting guard. Leaves us with need for PG. maybe Miles McBride with a 2nd? So far everyone decent or better D and Moody can shoot. Anyone with info/take on Garuba & mcbride? Would love to get some of these combos to solve our problems.
User avatar
knickstape4ever
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,168
And1: 4,606
Joined: Jul 09, 2014
   

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#16 » by knickstape4ever » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:51 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if BJ Boston or Terrence Clarke returned to Kentucky for another year

Cal can point to IQ and PJ Washington as 2 5-star recruits who didn't have the freshman year you'd expect, returned for year 2, raised their stock and are both thriving in the NBA
Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 49,420
And1: 54,118
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#17 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Feb 1, 2021 12:13 am

Another guard to consider..

Bubble Champions
CavsNation
PG: Murray/Schroder
SG: Lavine/Dunn
SF: Tatum/Hart
PF: Bam/ Tate
C: Ayton/Randle


It's like when lil bitches make subliminal records,If it ain't directed directly at me,I don't respect it
cgf
RealGM
Posts: 16,311
And1: 3,689
Joined: Jul 01, 2008
Location: laser shield bitches

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#18 » by cgf » Mon Feb 1, 2021 12:23 am

knickstape4ever wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if BJ Boston or Terrence Clarke returned to Kentucky for another year

Cal can point to IQ and PJ Washington as 2 5-star recruits who didn't have the freshman year you'd expect, returned for year 2, raised their stock and are both thriving in the NBA

I think that's more likely with Clarke, as BJ Boston is still probably a lottery pick.
dogrufus wrote:Plus the win would put us at .500 and 5 straight wins, making every poster here cream in their pants.

We're Knicks fans. We never get to cream.


cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.
User avatar
knickstape4ever
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,168
And1: 4,606
Joined: Jul 09, 2014
   

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#19 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Feb 1, 2021 12:27 am

cgf wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if BJ Boston or Terrence Clarke returned to Kentucky for another year

Cal can point to IQ and PJ Washington as 2 5-star recruits who didn't have the freshman year you'd expect, returned for year 2, raised their stock and are both thriving in the NBA

I think that's more likely with Clarke, as BJ Boston is still probably a lottery pick.


probably tho w/ the way Boston has been playing he might even fall out of the lottery
Image
cgf
RealGM
Posts: 16,311
And1: 3,689
Joined: Jul 01, 2008
Location: laser shield bitches

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft Thread 2 

Post#20 » by cgf » Mon Feb 1, 2021 12:31 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
cgf wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if BJ Boston or Terrence Clarke returned to Kentucky for another year

Cal can point to IQ and PJ Washington as 2 5-star recruits who didn't have the freshman year you'd expect, returned for year 2, raised their stock and are both thriving in the NBA

I think that's more likely with Clarke, as BJ Boston is still probably a lottery pick.


probably tho w/ the way Boston has been playing he might even fall out of the lottery

Yeah, if that happens then I think it makes sense to go back and hope that with another year of polish & a competent PG, he can go top 5. But if he can build on his better recent form, I'm not sure how likely that is.
dogrufus wrote:Plus the win would put us at .500 and 5 straight wins, making every poster here cream in their pants.

We're Knicks fans. We never get to cream.


cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Return to New York Knicks