ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Bless all the other teams here

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Re: Around the NBA - Bless all the other teams here 

Post#1941 » by dakomish23 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:45 am

This might end up being the best trade that went down. Having a consistent 3rd guy is gonna be huge for POR

Read on Twitter

I wonder what they’ll pay him b/c at the minimum he’s getting Bertrans money. Probably more.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,286

Post#1942 » by RHODEY » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:30 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Nets are assembling the all time unlikable d*bag team.

I mean, Aldridge always had the d*ucheface on every game, like he's mad at the world.
Blake G is a smug unlikable clown
Kyrie the guy who thinks he's smarter than everyone else
Durant is some weird combination of oversensitive and a bully; he lets everything get to him and yet will sh*t all over regular people on twitter, which is an odd look from an elite athlete/multimillionaire. I mean, your life is pretty good and you do that? He might be the ultimate insecure ahole
DeAndre Jordan seems like a big front running assh*le.
Dimwitty - no explanation necessary.
Harden super annoying gaming the rules, boring foulathon style, complains after EVERY call.

Just a super annoying group.

There isn't anyone on there I'm saying "Well, I'd rather the Nets not win, but I'm pulling for X".

Bunch of dicks.

You left out Joe Harris...gets super sniper credit for shooting wide open jumpers all day and his face is more punch able than Aldridge's
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,868

Post#1943 » by Guano » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:04 am

mpharris36 wrote:Zion has been on a bananas run...dude is putting up mind blowing numbers on low efficiency.

Nearly 30 pts on 15 shots a game this month.

:o

just looked at his stats for this season - he is shooting FG%62.7 on 16fga per game - absurd
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,929

Post#1944 » by knicks94 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:56 am

Have never seen a team so stacked with betas like the Nets. Nothing but a bunch of names who were never mentally strong enough to lead their teams to a title. It will be funny if they don't win it all this year after reassembling the 2015 NBA All-Star roster.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#1945 » by Oscirus » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:57 am

dakomish23 wrote:This might end up being the best trade that went down. Having a consistent 3rd guy is gonna be huge for POR

Read on Twitter

I wonder what they’ll pay him b/c at the minimum he’s getting Bertrans money. Probably more.

They traded for the older version of the guy that they traded to the raptors. Only difference is they're gonna have to pay powell to keep him next year
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,403

Post#1946 » by ag3 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:52 pm

Dallas lost again. Now 8th seed and only 1 game out of 9th.
Montmorencie
Rookie
And1: 816

Post#1947 » by Montmorencie » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:44 pm

The plebs have too much power. What is this ****, first overall draft pick and 6 time all star, face of franchise Blake Griffin, second overall draft pick, 7 times all star, face of franchise Lamarcus Aldridge - those are your complimentary pieces, 4th and 5th best player in the team?

NBA should have rankings and allow say 2 superstars, 2 regular stars, 4 regular players, 2 vets and 2 rookies per team.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#1948 » by robillionaire » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:00 pm

dakomish23 wrote:This might end up being the best trade that went down. Having a consistent 3rd guy is gonna be huge for POR

Read on Twitter

if nothing else hopefully it keeps portland ahead of dallas in the standings to get us a pick that's a little higher. I still don't think portland is going anywhere
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,259

Post#1949 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:06 pm

robillionaire wrote:

Read on Twitter

if nothing else hopefully it keeps portland ahead of dallas in the standings to get us a pick that's a little higher. I still don't think portland is going anywhere

I don't understand why the Blazers don't package their assets (Simons, Collins, Little, picks) with a bigger contract to get that final piece that might finally get them over the hump.

They might never get a player of Lillard's caliber in their whole history (to come). They're fortunate to have some good players around him. They have a window, they should go all in.

If the 90s Knicks had known how close they were, and how they wouldn't get closer to winning a championship afterwards, I'm pretty sure management would've been more aggressive in adding one more player. Eg to replace Charles Smith. I think 10 years from now the Blazers will look back and regret not making that one extra move.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1950 » by RHODEY » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:46 pm

Oscirus wrote:

Read on Twitter

They traded for the older version of the guy that they traded to the raptors. Only difference is they're gonna have to pay powell to keep him next year
I like like Trent but Powell is more than just a 3&D guy.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1951 » by RHODEY » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:51 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Read on Twitter

I don't understand why the Blazers don't package their assets (Simons, Collins, Little, picks) with a bigger contract to get that final piece that might finally get them over the hump.

They might never get a player of Lillard's caliber in their whole history (to come). They're fortunate to have some good players around him. They have a window, they should go all in.

If the 90s Knicks had known how close they were, and how they wouldn't get closer to winning a championship afterwards, I'm pretty sure management would've been more aggressive in adding one more player. Eg to replace Charles Smith. I think 10 years from now the Blazers will look back and regret not making that one extra move.

From what I can recall Smith was supposed to be that guy to put the Knicks over the top. They pretty much maxed out their flexibility getting players like him and Derek Harper.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#1952 » by WargamesX » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:06 pm

Oscirus wrote:

Read on Twitter

He’s more advance and efficient than Trent so I think he fits the win now mentality of the Blazers. Trent was good but you could see his limitations he was still growing. Powell was on a championship team and is also a better defender.

I like him a lot for the Blazers
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 16,588

Post#1953 » by evevale » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:05 pm

Can someone more knowledgeable than I am explain to me why Poku is allowed to play a single minute in the NBA. He might be the worst player I've ever seen at any level. He also looks like a broom.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,951

Post#1954 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:08 pm

I was pretty surprised the Mavs lost with KP out, but then I saw Luka was out
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#1955 » by BugginOut » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Well his quote about “wanting to build something” kind of falls flat now :-?
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#1956 » by F N 11 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:12 pm

Austin couldn’t be Alonzo Trier here. We wanted him to be more team oriented but Bucks would let him do whatever he wants since they need bench players who can create their own.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,143

Post#1957 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:15 pm

evevale wrote:Can someone more knowledgeable than I am explain to me why Poku is allowed to play a single minute in the NBA. He might be the worst player I've ever seen at any level. He also looks like a broom.

Because OKC is tanking
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,951

Post#1958 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:22 pm

F N 11 wrote:Austin couldn’t be Alonzo Trier here. We wanted him to be more team oriented but Bucks would let him do whatever he wants since they need bench players who can create their own.

Nah he just got lapped by Rose and Quickley. I got no hard feelings though. He wanted to be here and he signed one of the **** contracts ever. Wish him the best.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,003

Post#1959 » by Reign23 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:54 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Read on Twitter

absolutely 100% this. They could have traded for Powell AND Gordon. I love the blazers so much, they have firepower like very few teams in the history of this league, but I don't understand how they didn*t improve their defense...
formerly known as knickst4pe
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,815

Post#1960 » by BigShot Bojan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:55 pm

Some much for us getting Dieng.... I still think we should give Henson a shot
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.

Return to New York Knicks