ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise Season 4- Playoff Edition- Announcement on page 48

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,152

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4- Playoff Edition- Announcement on page 48-- All rookie team announced Wednesday 

Post#1081 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:48 pm

Spoiler:
mpharris36 wrote:Here are two examples of this google docs spreadsheet. The name doesn't matter just put a guy on the board to showcase. This shows that San Antonio with the FA rating from last year that I assigned a value to. So San Antonio is leading the bid at 4 years $500. Dallas since he has bird rights can go to a 5th year. So this says they would need to get to a 5 year $410 offer with there top tier FA rating and adding the 5 year. If Dallas only wanted to go 4 the file would adjust to the new rating.

Above is the same example but instead it shows I put in a team with Toronto to put in a 4 year bid on this player. Because of the adjusted 5th to 4th year and the adjusted FA rating. Toronto would only need a 4 year $475 offer to beat San Antonio offer.

and just to make it clear. Once the file is officially built out it won't be complicated at all so don't worry about it.

All you will need to do as a team would be select your team name on "your bid" then select the player you want. And the formula should tell you depending on how many years you want to give that player...what the winning bid will be to beat the team that is currently winning the bid.

It's actually really easy.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4- Playoff Edition- Announcement on page 48-- All rookie team announced Wednesday 

Post#1083 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:15 pm

Context wrote:https://www.gofundme.com/f/bread-4-bish?qid=d222172b3060d8d06d575fc75a3f8f9c

the last gofundme we did, the money i donated got refunded back to me, not sure why, was it because the money was not forwarded to Bish?
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#1084 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:19 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Spoiler:
mpharris36 wrote:Here are two examples of this google docs spreadsheet. The name doesn't matter just put a guy on the board to showcase. This shows that San Antonio with the FA rating from last year that I assigned a value to. So San Antonio is leading the bid at 4 years $500. Dallas since he has bird rights can go to a 5th year. So this says they would need to get to a 5 year $410 offer with there top tier FA rating and adding the 5 year. If Dallas only wanted to go 4 the file would adjust to the new rating.

Above is the same example but instead it shows I put in a team with Toronto to put in a 4 year bid on this player. Because of the adjusted 5th to 4th year and the adjusted FA rating. Toronto would only need a 4 year $475 offer to beat San Antonio offer.

and just to make it clear. Once the file is officially built out it won't be complicated at all so don't worry about it.

All you will need to do as a team would be select your team name on "your bid" then select the play you want. And the formula should tell you depending on how many years you want to give that player...what the winning bid will be to beat the team that is currently winning the bid.

i really like this idea but would there be a way to hide which team is the leading bid..ive created too many enemies

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1085 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:33 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Spoiler:

All you will need to do as a team would be select your team name on "your bid" then select the play you want. And the formula should tell you depending on how many years you want to give that player...what the winning bid will be to beat the team that is currently winning the bid.

i really like this idea but would there be a way to hide which team is the leading bid..ive created too many enemies

Since the calculation is driven off of what team is winning the bid and how many years they are giving said player...it would be nearly impossible to hide that information. With any type of silent bidding bish again would be the only one to handle the bids and that is what we are trying to get away from because he just can't handle that volume especially with a huge FA class upcoming.

It would be like an agent getting a bid and just telling the new team what it would cost to beat it based on our FA calculator (rating+years).

Honestly I believe knowing the bids is a small price to pay with a system like this. If you really believe people would just outbid you because of your history well then I don't know what to say but as bish was doing people can only bid what they have in terms of $$$ so if there going to spend time wasting bids on you then they will be missing out on other FA's potentially.

ROSTER

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#1086 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:37 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Spoiler:

Since the calculation is driven off of what team is winning the bid and how many years they are giving said player...it would be nearly impossible to hide that information. With any type of silent bidding bish again would be the only one to handle the bids and that is what we are trying to get away from because he just can't handle that volume especially with a huge FA class upcoming.

If would be like an agent getting a bid and just telling the new team what it would cost to beat it based on our FA calculator (rating+years).

Honestly I believe knowing the bids is a small price to pay with a system like this. If you really believe people would just outbid you because of your history well then I don't know what to say but as bish was doing people can only bid what they have in terms of $$$ so if there going to spend time wasting bids on you then they will be missing out on other FA's potentially.

completely get it, adds a new twist, maybe even some additional mind games trying to throw teams off on who your real target is...

is there a way we can test this out for this year's free agency, so we can make any tweaks for next years important one?

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Context
RealGM
And1: 11,869

Post#1087 » by Context » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:46 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
Context wrote:https://www.gofundme.com/f/bread-4-bish?qid=d222172b3060d8d06d575fc75a3f8f9c

the last gofundme we did, the money i donated got refunded back to me, not sure why, was it because the money was not forwarded to Bish?

I have no idea...I didnt set it up...I was just posting it now to remind everyone that its something we should do for Bish; no matter what he says...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1088 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:00 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

If would be like an agent getting a bid and just telling the new team what it would cost to beat it based on our FA calculator (rating+years).

completely get it, adds a new twist, maybe even some additional mind games trying to throw teams off on who your real target is...

is there a way we can test this out for this year's free agency, so we can make any tweaks for next years important one?

Absolutely. The only thing we would need is Bish's FA ratings list in a tiered format like he usually puts out. Then just a list of FA's.

I would absolutely suggest trying it out this offseason when there are much less FA's to see how it works. We can absolutely tweak the multipliers in terms of the difference in tiers or the multiplier for how many years you are giving a player. But I thought I came up with pretty fair numbers but everyone can look at it to see if it makes sense. It gives bird rights and better FA's a advantage which there should be. But not to the point where a lower team can never sign a FA ever under any circumstances.

The only thing that we would need to figure out is a proper way to time stamp. My suggestion is no team can officially make a change in the leading bid on the specific player unless the post it on the forum. Like you can play around with the file to see what you want to bid. But the official bid needs to be made on the forum so we can easily time stamp the bid...because there will might be multiple people in the shared file at one time so need an official time stamp.

ROSTER

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#1089 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:27 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Absolutely. The only thing we would need is Bish's FA ratings list in a tiered format like he usually puts out. Then just a list of FA's.

I would absolutely suggest trying it out this offseason when there are much less FA's to see how it works. We can absolutely tweak the multipliers in terms of the difference in tiers or the multiplier for how many years you are giving a player. But I thought I came up with pretty fair numbers but everyone can look at it to see if it makes sense. It gives bird rights and better FA's a advantage which there should be. But not to the point where a lower team can never sign a FA ever under any circumstances.

The only thing that we would need to figure out is a proper way to time stamp. My suggestion is no team can officially make a change in the leading bid on the specific player unless the post it on the forum. Like you can play around with the file to see what you want to bid. But the official bid needs to be made on the forum so we can easily time stamp the bid...because there will might be multiple people in the shared file at one time so need an official time stamp.
Yea maybe Bish should be allowed to change the leading bid after confirming it fits within the cap and puts in the timestamp from when he makes the change

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1090 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:47 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

Yea maybe Bish should be allowed to change the leading bid after confirming it fits within the cap and puts in the timestamp from when he makes the change

Yeah there might have to be some level of approval to change the spreadsheet leading bid. Maybe that is where Slice can also help. I still want to avoid Bish having to sort through pages and pages of bids to find the highest one if he's out for a few hours or stuff and there are 100 posts or something like that.

I'm sure we can help police everyone making legit bids because we will all have the spreadsheet so if someone says its an illegal bid we don't have waste anyone time.

But at minimum what this will do is bish doesn't have to answer the 1000 pm's about how much will it cost me to offer this guy a contract. I think that alone will save a lot of time and energy not having to deal with the "inquiring" phase of FA.

ROSTER

Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,334

Post#1091 » by Phish Tank » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:52 pm

Context wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

I have no idea...I didnt set it up...I was just posting it now to remind everyone that its something we should do for Bish; no matter what he says...

is Mecca still handling this? I figure he won't after he retired from BAF (and I guess RealGM as a whole). We're probably better off coordinating on our own.
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,599

Post#1092 » by bishnykfan » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:15 pm

All Rookie 2nd Team

Spoiler:
Nico Mannion- Boston Celtics
15.0PPG 4.0APG 3.3RPG 1.1SPG 0.3BPG

Spoiler:
Aaron Nesmith- Utah Jazz
8.0PPG 1.1APG 2.8RPG 0.9SPG 0.3BPG

Spoiler:
Saddiq Bey- Los Angeles Lakers
9.5PPG 1.1APG 3.4RPG 0.4SPG 0.2BPG

Spoiler:
Isaiah Stewart- Boston Celtics
9.4PPG 1.8APG 6.3RPG 0.5SPG 0.8BPG

Spoiler:
Daniel Oturu- Miami Heat
5.3PPG 0.4APG 2.9RPG 0.2SPG 0.5BPG
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
bishnykfan

Post#1093 » by bishnykfan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:07 am

All Rookie 1st Team

Spoiler:
Tyrese Haliburton- San Antonio Spurs
14.6PPG 6.2APG 3.0RPG 1.6SPG 0.7BPG

Spoiler:
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2021/05/22/sports/22nba-edwards/22nba-edwards-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Spoiler:
Anthony Edwards- Charlotte Hornets
11.3PPG 2.1APG 3.3RPG 0.7SPG 0.6BPG

Spoiler:
Patrick Williams- Phoenix Suns
11.5PPG 1.9APG 4.8RPG 0.8SPG 0.9BPG

Spoiler:
Onyeka Okongwu- Los Angeles Lakers
12.9PPG 1.3APG 7.5RPG 0.7SPG 1.6BPG

Spoiler:
James Wiseman- San Antonio Spurs
21.4PPG 0.8APG 10.9RPG 0.5SPG 2.5BPG
All-Time Draft

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4- Playoff Edition- Announcement on page 48-- Coach of the Year announced Thursday 

Post#1094 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:11 am

I was fully expecting the anthony edwards picture to be of him sitting on a bench..

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4- Playoff Edition- Announcement on page 48-- Coach of the Year announced Thursday 

Post#1095 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:14 am

2.5 spurs!!! on the 1st team

ROSTER

bishnykfan

Post#1096 » by bishnykfan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:38 am

Couple things I wanted to comment on while I have a bit of time.

First off, I got some more bad BaF news today. Smash has let me know that he is leaning towards bowing out for season five. Assuming he is out that will leave yet another giant hole in the game. Smash has always been one of the most active GM's both with his team and in the discussion thread. He did leave the door open to maybe returning, but as of now, he told me to start looking for a replacement in Portland. Considering we already have definite openings in Brooklyn, Indiana and Milwaukee and I still have not heard from Chicago or Miami, we have a lot of turnover in the league. This is never a good thing, especially considering the fact that we are losing original, long time GM's.

Second, as far as moving forward, I am not saying that I want the game to end. I do enjoy it still but when it becomes clear that we can't keep the game going with the same enthusiasm, it definitely makes me question if its worth all of the time I put into it. If we have a bounce back year and get 5-6 new enthusiastic GM's involved, then there is no reason we can't keep the game going into season six. The potential difficulty of FA plays no part in whether or not the game will continue. I will take a look at potential upgrades to the process when I get some time but I think we can work around that potential pitfall if we have a healthy league at that point.

Finally as far as the gofundme...I did try and withdraw the funds during the season but it said I needed Mecca, the person who started the gofundme, to do something and he had already left the site. I couldn't withdraw the money without him. Honestly, I never feel comfortable about it and just let it go thinking Mecca would be back eventually. Then as the season went on, I just didn't think about it. I sincerely appreciate anyone and everyone who donated no matter the amount. It is appreciated and welcomed even if I wouldn't ask for it.
All-Time Draft

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,990

Post#1097 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:44 am

Well damn, looking like next season is the last
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1098 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:49 am

3toheadmelo wrote:Well damn, looking like next season is the last

The best bet is hoping to maybe go outside the Knicks board to get some active members. We may have exhausted the most active members on the knicks forum. I can see if any mods/active members might have interest and will direct towards bish.

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,990

Post#1099 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:53 am

mpharris36 wrote:

The best bet is hoping to maybe go outside the Knicks board to get some active members. We may have exhausted the most active members on the knicks forum. I can see if any mods/active members might have interest and will direct towards bish.

I think I got NoDopeOnSunday for next season
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1100 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:59 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I think I got NoDopeOnSunday for next season

yeah he would be a great addition and we have br7

we may need to fill 6 spots though unless smash comes through and realizes he will miss this too much (which he will :lol: )

Not sure what happened to swiss.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks