ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise Season 4- Playoff Edition- Announcement on page 48

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,848

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4- Playoff Edition- Congrats melo and the Cleveland Cavaliers--Announcement on page 48 

Post#981 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:21 pm

We are almost to the 27 confirmed GM's for next season.

just need confirmations from the following:

j4remi wrote:

swisscheeseD wrote:

bringbackhoffa wrote:

MaseInYourFace wrote:

DaGawd wrote:

HEZI wrote:

Strick wrote:

E-Balla wrote:

and the runner up

Smash3 wrote:

then just need to find 3 new GM's for Indy/Milwaukee/Brooklyn which hopefully shouldn't be hard because those teams have some talent.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,586

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4- Playoff Edition- Congrats melo and the Cleveland Cavaliers--Announcement on page 48 

Post#982 » by DaGawd » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:28 pm

I’ll return
BaF
Washington Wizards
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,586

Re: Build a Franchise Season 4- Playoff Edition- Draft announcement on page 36 

Post#983 » by DaGawd » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:32 pm

bishnykfan wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT

Congratulations to melo and the Cavaliers for winning their first BaF championship. A dominant regular season capped off with an impressive sweep in the Finals versus a deep, balanced and excellent Portland team. Cleveland's overall balance in their starting lineup made them a nearly impossible cover. No one on their roster finished in the top 30 in postseason scoring but the combination of excellent interior defense and rebounding from Ayton and Adebayo plus the perimeter skill of Murray and LaVine with the overall excellence of Tatum was too difficult to matchup with. Add contributions from a solid bench of Schroder, Randle, Brown, Hart and Dunn throughout the postseason, and this championship roster was truly worthy.

Congrats also to smash and Portland. One of my favorite parts of running BaF is seeing the behind the scenes work that certain GM's put in, from the offseason, through the trade deadline as well as the day to day adjustments in season. The interactions I had with Smash showed an inspiring passion for the game and his team as well as a knowledge of how to put together a winner. Getting through the West this year may have been the toughest road any team has had to face to get to a Finals. Beating San Antonio and especially Dallas and New Orleans in back to back series is about as impressive a postseason performance as we've had. Unfortunately, the Cavs were too much. But another fantastic year from Portland.

As we now move forward into our offseason, we have a short break before things will amp up again. Next week we will announce all of our league awards. We will also have an announcement for the dates of certain business aspects of our offseason (player option deadlines, exempt list deadlines, draft, free agency, etc).

When I began Build a Franchise four years ago it was with the idea to run this league for five seasons. To give people a different way to play rather than our single season build a teams where teams stuck with a low pick could never win a title. I am very happy with the success that this league has had over its first four seasons. However, this year was obviously a down year as far as participation goes. We lost three key OG GM's in King of Canada, Mecca and Slicin n' Dicin. They are clearly tough losses and will be nearly impossible to replace. It seems to me that we have an extremely dedicated group of about 10 GM's who are incredibly active both with their teams day to day and in the discussion thread. We also have another group of about 10 more GM's who will pop in from time to time and do enough to stay involved but not add a ton to the game. We also then have another group of about 10 GM's who rarely if ever add anything. I never asked for anyone to spend more time on here then they could but when the game is quiet, the league suffers. To many inactive GM's hurts the game overall. I've thought about extending the league beyond the initial five year window that I committed to originally but this is a ton of work and takes up a lot of time. With that said, if the majority of people in the league are not committed or active, then I am leaning towards making the 2021-22 season the final year of BaF. Nothing is set in stone obviously, but I'd rather end on a high then watch the league continue to fizzle out if people are not interested in it moving forward.

With all of that said, I want to get a yes/no for next season. With three spots already needing to be filled, I want to get a firm commitment from the other 27 for next season so I have time to find suitable replacements. At least three new GM's will be walking into outstanding talented rosters inheriting Luka, Dame, Mitchell, Embiid, Butler, Towns, Zion, etc. Before we break up for a few weeks I need to know who is back for next year and if other teams need to be filled. Please quote with a yes/no by next Monday 6/7.

Spoiler:
Atlanta- IN
Boston- IN

Brooklyn-
Charlotte-
Chicago-
Cleveland- IN
Dallas- IN

Denver-
Detroit- IN
Golden State- IN
Houston- IN

Indiana-
LA Clippers-
LA Lakers- IN
Memphis- IN

Miami-
Milwaukee-
Minnesota-
New Orleans- IN
New York-
Oklahoma City-
Orlando- IN
Philadelphia- IN
Phoenix- IN

Portland-
Sacramento- IN
San Antonio- IN
Toronto- IN
Utah- IN

Washington-

I’m in
BaF
Washington Wizards
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,060

Post#984 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:50 pm

NewEra wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Sources say Cleveland is in talks of acquiring another all star

Cavs next season
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,631

Post#985 » by El Poochio » Wed Jun 2, 2021 5:32 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:So whose ready to start trading?

Hoffa started this all, got a trade offer 1 minute into my elimination

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,576

Post#986 » by j4remi » Wed Jun 2, 2021 5:40 pm

I’m in!
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,334

Post#987 » by NewEra » Wed Jun 2, 2021 6:46 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:So whose ready to start trading?

Hoffa started this all, got a trade offer 1 minute into my elimination

:lol: :lol: :lol:
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,496

Post#988 » by Strick » Wed Jun 2, 2021 7:17 pm

mpharris36 wrote:We are almost to the 27 confirmed GM's for next season.

j4remi wrote:

swisscheeseD wrote:

bringbackhoffa wrote:

MaseInYourFace wrote:

DaGawd wrote:

HEZI wrote:

Strick wrote:

E-Balla wrote:

and the runner up

Smash3 wrote:

then just need to find 3 new GM's for Indy/Milwaukee/Brooklyn which hopefully shouldn't be hard because those teams have some talent.

Confirmed, the T-Pups will be back and building!
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,009

Post#989 » by Capn'O » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:03 pm

If this year is the last maybe we should have a bunch of voting awards so teams can follow their predetermined path with some glory.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#990 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:06 pm

Capn'O wrote:If this year is the last maybe we should have a bunch of voting awards so teams can follow their predetermined path with some glory.

lets not even speak it into existence...this is not the last year :D

its up to us

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#991 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:10 pm

Capn'O wrote:If this year is the last maybe we should have a bunch of voting awards so teams can follow their predetermined path with some glory.

I’m down for awards :D
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,009

Post#992 » by Capn'O » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:15 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

lets not even speak it into existence...this is not the last year :D

its up to us

I feel like that's a better outlook at this point.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,428
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#993 » by E-Balla » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:12 pm

Strick wrote:

j4remi wrote:

swisscheeseD wrote:

bringbackhoffa wrote:

MaseInYourFace wrote:

DaGawd wrote:

HEZI wrote:

Strick wrote:

E-Balla wrote:

and the runner up

Smash3 wrote:

Confirmed, the T-Pups will be back and building!

I'm in still.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#994 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:38 pm

so just waiting on swiss, hoffa, mase, Hezi, and Smash to fill out of full 27 group.

Most of those are vets so I think we will have that full group back!

ROSTER

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#995 » by HEZI » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:39 pm

j4remi wrote:

swisscheeseD wrote:

bringbackhoffa wrote:

MaseInYourFace wrote:

DaGawd wrote:

HEZI wrote:

Strick wrote:

E-Balla wrote:

and the runner up

Smash3 wrote:

I'm in
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#996 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:17 am

I'm in, pooch where you at?

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,334

Post#997 » by NewEra » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:22 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:I'm in, pooch where you at?

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

AD arrive in Charlotte yet? :o
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,585

Post#998 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:16 am

To sign the contract I'm gonna need Melo to say I won the war. :o

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#999 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:21 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:To sign the contract I'm gonna need Melo to say I won the war. :o

You mfer :lol: I won’t go that far. I apologize if I went too far in the game thread though. Now get in BAF so I can beat you with Randle :D
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,585

Post#1000 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:23 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:To sign the contract I'm gonna need Melo to say I won the war. :o

You mfer :lol: I won’t go that far. I apologize if I went too far in the game thread though. Now get in BAF so I can beat you with Randle :D

:lol:

It's all good, being a Knicks fan always ends in arguments and heartbreak, we're all beaten down like a dog the same way in the end :lol:

Return to New York Knicks