ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League

Moderators: K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK

User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 68,119
And1: 33,607
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#21 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:04 am

god shammgod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:how do people watch these things so fast ? this thing is 4 hours. i watched a half hour and fell asleep. like they drop falcon and the winter soldier at 3 in the morning and by 8 am everyone has seen it. how ? lol


:rofl:


1. it was late. 2. it's not as exciting as this thread suggests :lol:


Image
Image
User avatar
Fury
Knicks Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 20,511
And1: 10,987
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#22 » by Fury » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:54 am

It’s good. Cyborg got **** over in the theatrical release, and now he truly is the heart of the story. The character building in the first two hours was methodical in a good way, and I actually enjoyed it more than the last two hours which had some nice action packed scenes.

People want this and that and universe and whatever, but as a stand-alone movie, very enjoyable, just really long (which I know is a result of rushing a movie about 6 heroes in the first place).

Oh yeah and the new score is waaaaaay better.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
Posts: 8,395
And1: 3,731
Joined: Apr 08, 2011

Re: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#23 » by Sprewell4Three » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:55 am

It was great , I enjoyed it. That’s all you can ask for. The 4 hours didn’t feel that long. The fight scenes were amazing , very brutal. Definitely different from the Marvel movies.
rajajackal
Starter
Posts: 2,129
And1: 1,342
Joined: Nov 04, 2013

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#24 » by rajajackal » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:03 am

eh, best part was the end, which felt like the beginning of another movie i'd have rather seen
seren
RealGM
Posts: 23,031
And1: 2,981
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#25 » by seren » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:43 am

Last half an hour is epilogue and probably could be cut another half an hour to make it a cohesive three hour movie which probably would be a box office success. I have absolutely no idea why they went with the theatrical version. It wasn't as dark as BvS. The theatrical version was truly awful. This was good.
User avatar
vallen
RealGM
Posts: 10,551
And1: 2,695
Joined: Jan 31, 2005
       

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#26 » by vallen » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:06 am

A badass muscle bound tatted dude walking into the ocean guzzling whiskey while some Bethoven BS playing in the background was just lame AF. It was a little better but whos going to spend another 4 hours watching this movie over and over again? Warner Bros were hoodwinked.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
NYKAL
General Manager
Posts: 8,606
And1: 2,148
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: LAND O NOD

Re: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#27 » by NYKAL » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:04 pm

RHODEY wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
RHODEY wrote:I might check it out. I never bought the gulf of power between WW and Steppehwolf. She solo'd Ares so I dont see why she was depicted as so much weaker in this movie.

Because it's all a Jesus allegory/power fantasy for Superman.


Right, but then if you make him that powerful, why does he need a team...? In comics several of the members are somewhat near to him in power.


yup. Martian Manhunter is arguable stronger and more powerful. Wonder woman is his near equal in strength and superior in fighting prowess Aquaman is also near his strength level and equal in water. Shazam is his equal. Flash is the only one he can easily overpower. All the other would give him a damn good fight before going down and Wonder Woman has beating him on more than 1 occasion
jvsimonetti0514
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,092
And1: 4,320
Joined: Dec 22, 2015
     

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#28 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:41 pm

It’s amazing what you can do when you actually give some character development to the villains in your story. I can’t believe that they decided to cut all the back story for no reason at all. My only guess is they knew they were never going to make a second justice league move and figured let’s not set up darkseid at all. I feel like Snyder over powered Superman to make darkseid kicking his ass even more dramatic. It def cracked me up playing the wonder women theme every time she did something. It was totally unnecessary but basically acted as comic relief. Also the Martian man hunter in the actual movie wasn’t really necessary. It would have been fine to has his reveal in the epilogue but those were my only real complaints about the movie. I definitely enjoyed it and kinda hope they let him finish his vision cuz the multiverse stuff will play really well with the flashpoint movie they’re also doing.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 15,955
And1: 25,245
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
Location: Dante's Purgatory, 2nd Terrace
         

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#29 » by K-DOT » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:54 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:I can’t believe that they decided to cut all the back story for no reason at all.

There was a reason, it was just stupid

WB mandated the movie couldn't be longer than 2 hours, so something had to get cut. And when you need 4 hours to set up characters and tell the current story (and they really did need almost 4 hours cause there wasn't much character setup beforehand), you have to cut the backstory because you can't remove the current story.
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Tre Jones
Killian Hayes/Avery Bradley
Keldon Johnson/Cam Johnson
Saddiq Bey/Darius Bazley
Onyeka Okongwu/Bol Bol

Subscribe to NBNF!: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
jvsimonetti0514
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,092
And1: 4,320
Joined: Dec 22, 2015
     

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#30 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:13 pm

K-DOT wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:I can’t believe that they decided to cut all the back story for no reason at all.

There was a reason, it was just stupid

WB mandated the movie couldn't be longer than 2 hours, so something had to get cut. And when you need 4 hours to set up characters and tell the current story (and they really did need almost 4 hours cause there wasn't much character setup beforehand), you have to cut the backstory because you can't remove the current story.


I think you could get away with not fleshing out the flash and cyborg as much. Just cuz the audience should be more familiar with these characters but your villain needs character development. Or at least a throw away line about getting back into darkseid good graces. Whedon decided to add that dumb Russian family subplot instead of giving his villain some depth. It’s some seriously poor decision making. I just saw on twitter how he reshot the Lois and Martha scene, when the Snyder version was much better. He just made a bunch of decisions that made no sense cuz there was plenty of movie to cut down from
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
User avatar
NYKinMIA
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,064
And1: 2,294
Joined: Jul 26, 2012
Location: - Snootchie Farms
 

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#31 » by NYKinMIA » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:30 pm

Just let Feige handle every super hero shyt to be made...forever.
User avatar
RHODEY
RealGM
Posts: 12,382
And1: 7,399
Joined: May 18, 2007
Location: Straight out of a comic book

Re: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#32 » by RHODEY » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:57 pm

NYKAL wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Because it's all a Jesus allegory/power fantasy for Superman.


Right, but then if you make him that powerful, why does he need a team...? In comics several of the members are somewhat near to him in power.


yup. Martian Manhunter is arguable stronger and more powerful. Wonder woman is his near equal in strength and superior in fighting prowess Aquaman is also near his strength level and equal in water. Shazam is his equal. Flash is the only one he can easily overpower. All the other would give him a damn good fight before going down and Wonder Woman has beating him on more than 1 occasion


Im not even sure if the Flash would be easy for him...with all those tricks he can pull with the speed force. I never considered Aquaman close to Superman in strength, I guess he's been getting powerups along the way.
rajajackal
Starter
Posts: 2,129
And1: 1,342
Joined: Nov 04, 2013

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#33 » by rajajackal » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:06 pm

if dc is smart they'll use this upcoming flashpoint movie to rip the timeline and import ww, aquaman, and flash into the continuity of this upcoming matt reeves batman. then start building a cinematic television series universe like marvel's doing on disney+. i always thought dc stories were better told in serialized format, like the comics

basically, thanks for the memories, but we have to let snyder, affleck, and leto go
Jimmit79
Starter
Posts: 2,158
And1: 1,144
Joined: Mar 22, 2016
     

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#34 » by Jimmit79 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:15 pm

Buttah304 wrote:This movie was absolutely epic. Not going to go into detail about what happened between Snyder and WB Studios back in 2017, and the unfortunate and tragic death of his younger daughter, but Zack finally got to make the film he intended.

The best part of this movie is that it is very much coherent. The storyline unfolds in a linear fashion while including some flashbacks and nightmare visions of the future. If anything the flow of the film toes the line more of a LOTR style then a true comic book movie.

The characters are given an extraordinary amount of back story including both villains Steppenwolf and Darkseid and everything is more emotional.

The actions scenes are incredible, the score was very well done and the last 90 minutes are blockbuster popcorn heaven.

Truly hope that WB will let Snyder finish this story with JL 2 and 3.
I feel like the main hero Superman and Batman of DC universe wanted out so badly that's why it got screwed where Marvel and there main cast sticker together till then end. I don't know what happened that pissed off most of the main cast including cyborg.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
Jimmit79
Starter
Posts: 2,158
And1: 1,144
Joined: Mar 22, 2016
     

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#35 » by Jimmit79 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:19 pm

rajajackal wrote:if dc is smart they'll use this upcoming flashpoint movie to rip the timeline and import ww, aquaman, and flash into the continuity of this upcoming matt reeves batman. then start building a cinematic television series universe like marvel's doing on disney+. i always thought dc stories were better told in serialized format, like the comics

basically, thanks for the memories, but we have to let snyder, affleck, and leto go
Nah I don't think DC wants to follow that route they have been doing serialized superhero shows way before Marvel and got bad backlash from there fans when they tried copying marvel. There animated movies are still solid and better then marvel animations so I think they should stick to solo storylines.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
rajajackal
Starter
Posts: 2,129
And1: 1,342
Joined: Nov 04, 2013

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#36 » by rajajackal » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:29 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
rajajackal wrote:if dc is smart they'll use this upcoming flashpoint movie to rip the timeline and import ww, aquaman, and flash into the continuity of this upcoming matt reeves batman. then start building a cinematic television series universe like marvel's doing on disney+. i always thought dc stories were better told in serialized format, like the comics

basically, thanks for the memories, but we have to let snyder, affleck, and leto go
Nah I don't think DC wants to follow that route they have been doing serialized superhero shows way before Marvel and got bad backlash from there fans when they tried copying marvel. There animated movies are still solid and better then marvel animations so I think they should stick to solo storylines.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk


i'm not saying they should rush into some massive crossover situation. that's a big part of what made the snyderverse such a failure. i just mean technical continuity for the sake of world building, which is good for any comic book adaptation. as far as serialization - i just think it's a better storytelling medium for the types of characters dc has in its stable. i'm not talking about CW trash television either. subscription streaming service high budget material

you can still make batman movies, of course. but the gap between tv and cinema is so slim now it's become no big deal to weave back and forth between the two
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
Posts: 2,172
And1: 406
Joined: Oct 30, 2001
Location: NYC

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#37 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:11 am

Cyborg went from a guy I forgot was in the Whedon film to OMG this guy and his family are the heart and soul of this Snyder film.
Jimmit79
Starter
Posts: 2,158
And1: 1,144
Joined: Mar 22, 2016
     

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#38 » by Jimmit79 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:09 pm

rajajackal wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:
rajajackal wrote:if dc is smart they'll use this upcoming flashpoint movie to rip the timeline and import ww, aquaman, and flash into the continuity of this upcoming matt reeves batman. then start building a cinematic television series universe like marvel's doing on disney+. i always thought dc stories were better told in serialized format, like the comics

basically, thanks for the memories, but we have to let snyder, affleck, and leto go
Nah I don't think DC wants to follow that route they have been doing serialized superhero shows way before Marvel and got bad backlash from there fans when they tried copying marvel. There animated movies are still solid and better then marvel animations so I think they should stick to solo storylines.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk


i'm not saying they should rush into some massive crossover situation. that's a big part of what made the snyderverse such a failure. i just mean technical continuity for the sake of world building, which is good for any comic book adaptation. as far as serialization - i just think it's a better storytelling medium for the types of characters dc has in its stable. i'm not talking about CW trash television either. subscription streaming service high budget material

you can still make batman movies, of course. but the gap between tv and cinema is so slim now it's become no big deal to weave back and forth between the two
They would be better off building small crossovers like Batman, Red hood, Nightwing crossovers rather then stick all DC heroes together I wish they also do less cgi and more nolan style movies I know kids love marvel cgi fights but last decades Batman trilogy is still perfect and more realistic.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Gravy
Analyst
Posts: 3,058
And1: 2,944
Joined: Jun 25, 2015
     

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#39 » by Gravy » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:19 pm

I gave up after half an hour, the tone of the DC universe movies is off for me. Man of Steel was alright, WW was ok until WW84 made it clear how bad an actress Gal Gadot is. I'll wait for The Batman.
rajajackal
Starter
Posts: 2,129
And1: 1,342
Joined: Nov 04, 2013

Re: OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#40 » by rajajackal » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:34 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
rajajackal wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:Nah I don't think DC wants to follow that route they have been doing serialized superhero shows way before Marvel and got bad backlash from there fans when they tried copying marvel. There animated movies are still solid and better then marvel animations so I think they should stick to solo storylines.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk


i'm not saying they should rush into some massive crossover situation. that's a big part of what made the snyderverse such a failure. i just mean technical continuity for the sake of world building, which is good for any comic book adaptation. as far as serialization - i just think it's a better storytelling medium for the types of characters dc has in its stable. i'm not talking about CW trash television either. subscription streaming service high budget material

you can still make batman movies, of course. but the gap between tv and cinema is so slim now it's become no big deal to weave back and forth between the two
They would be better off building small crossovers like Batman, Red hood, Nightwing crossovers rather then stick all DC heroes together I wish they also do less cgi and more nolan style movies I know kids love marvel cgi fights but last decades Batman trilogy is still perfect and more realistic.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk


i agree. imagine an hbomax gothamverse with hints at metropolis, the amazon, atlantis, etc strung throughout. you could still have batman movies, wonder woman movies, etc, and the room to develop crossover events down the line if and where they are appropriate

while i too prefer less cgi spectacle and pretty much dislike zack snyder's style (feels a little like the directorial version of nu metal), and while i did enjoy nolan's trilogy a lot, i kind of prefer a more gothic, fictionalized gotham. i think this matt reeves movie is gonna nail it

Return to New York Knicks