ImageImageImageImageImage

Moar Deadline Stuffs - Actual Trades Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,192

Re: Moar Deadline Stuffs - Actual Trades Thread 

Post#21 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:04 am

Ok, so this goes here?

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Free Palestine
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#22 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:45 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Ok, so this goes here?

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Boom. Well oiled machine.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,242

Post#23 » by Kampuchea » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:50 am

We don't have time for trades, we need to keep an eye on fans and make sure they don't wear shirts that hurt Dolan's feelings.

Knicks fan kicked out of game for wearing 'Ban Dolan' T-shirt

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-knicks-fan-kicked-out-of-game-ban-james-dolan-t-shirt-144824207.html

Read on Twitter
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,799

Post#24 » by omerome » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:28 pm

Kampuchea wrote:We don't have time for trades, we need to keep an eye on fans and make sure they don't wear shirts that hurt Dolan's feelings.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-knicks-fan-kicked-out-of-game-ban-james-dolan-t-shirt-144824207.html

Read on Twitter

Not defending Dolan here, but I agree with the MSG people. They asked the fan nicely to display another shirt and didn't force him to remove it. They even offered him a free shirt. I mean, you're in a private building. If you don't want to follow their rules, you can go elsewhere. Just like if someone walked into my house wearing something I didn't like.

The guy just wanted attention.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,187

Post#25 » by moocow007 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:39 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’m assuming this goes here?

:dontknow:
What is the Kings trying to accomplish here?

Edit:nvm...read further on why.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,242

Post#26 » by Kampuchea » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:51 pm

omerome wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:We don't have time for trades, we need to keep an eye on fans and make sure they don't wear shirts that hurt Dolan's feelings.

Read on Twitter

Not defending Dolan here, but I agree with the MSG people. They asked the fan nicely to display another shirt and didn't force him to remove it. They even offered him a free shirt. I mean, you're in a private building. If you don't want to follow their rules, you can go elsewhere. Just like if someone walked into my house wearing something I didn't like.

Yes, I likely would have taken the free shirt and watched the rest of the game.

No issues with MSG staff, they are obviously following directives. The problem is why is Dolan so sensitive to these things? It is counterproductive, before nobody would even pay attention but now the "Ban Dolan" gets shared all over the news. If he is so hurt by these things he should ignore them and not help them garner so much attention. His pettiness on full display once again, and I believe that negatively impacts the franchise and its' ability to attract players.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,280

Post#27 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:02 pm

omerome wrote:

Read on Twitter

The guy was clearly not a knicks fan. During a pandemic while the team is playing well he still feels the need to stir sh*t up so he can record and post it on social media?

They even were willing to give him a free shirt to stay and watch the game he paid a lot of money to go to but he declined. No knicks fan would do that.

Dolan is a jack*ss but the MSG staff handled this perfectly and this NON knicks fan just wanted his 1 minute of fame.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,752

Post#28 » by cgmw » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:22 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
omerome wrote:

Read on Twitter

The guy was clearly not a knicks fan. During a pandemic while the team is playing well he still feels the need to stir sh*t up so he can record and post it on social media?

They even were willing to give him a free shirt to stay and watch the game he paid a lot of money to go to but he declined. No knicks fan would do that.

Dolan is a jack*ss but the MSG staff handled this perfectly and this NON knicks fan just wanted his 1 minute of fame.

It’s bad enough you’re commandeering the trade thread, but now you gotta defend Dolan’s autocratic stadium policies? What’s next, you support Dolan’s media gag orders? You appreciated his treatment of Oakley?

I’m sure you’re a true Knick fan, but you are voicing support to the single most important thing that’s been destroying your favorite team for over a generation — the owner’s small-minded egotistical petty arrogance.

Oh, I’m sorry I forgot. It’s just bad luck that the #1 Forbes ranked franchise is also the losingest franchise in the last 20 years.

Don’t defend Dolan.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#29 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:28 pm

cgmw wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
omerome wrote:Not defending Dolan here, but I agree with the MSG people. They asked the fan nicely to display another shirt and didn't force him to remove it. They even offered him a free shirt. I mean, you're in a private building. If you don't want to follow their rules, you can go elsewhere. Just like if someone walked into my house wearing something I didn't like.

It’s bad enough you’re commandeering the trade thread, but now you gotta defend Dolan’s autocratic stadium policies? What’s next, you support Dolan’s media gag orders? You appreciated his treatment of Oakley?

I’m sure you’re a true Knick fan, but you are voicing support to the single most important thing that’s been destroying your favorite team for over a generation — the owner’s small-minded pettiness.

Oh, I’m sorry I forgot. It’s just bad luck that the #1 Forbes ranked franchise is also the losingest franchise in the last 20 years.

Don’t defend Dolan.

commandeering the trade thread? who the f*ck are you?

and defending dolan where? When I called Dolan a jackass?

I simply called this dude out for what he was. Not a knicks fan looking for attention.

What a miserable post...and questioning whether I'm a knicks fan? LOL go back to bed.

ROSTER

omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,799

Post#30 » by omerome » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:29 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
omerome wrote:

Read on Twitter

No issues with MSG staff, they are obviously following directives. The problem is why is Dolan so sensitive to these things? It is counterproductive, before nobody would even pay attention but now the "Ban Dolan" gets shared all over the news. If he is so hurt by these things he should ignore them and not help them garner so much attention. His pettiness on full display once again, and I believe that negatively impacts the franchise and its' ability to attract players.

To me, it doesn't matter if Dolan is hurt or not. It's still disrespectful to walk into someone's building and wear something like that. The people there did the right thing and if this negatively impacts the franchise's ability to attract players, those players are mentally weak.

Give me guys who want to go to war for this team and can ignore this BS. The guys we sign on long-term contracts or the guys we trade for, I hope can help return our franchise back to being respectable.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,869

Post#31 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:29 pm

omerome wrote:

Read on Twitter

You're right. But what a sellout he'd have been for taking the free shirt :lol:
cgmw
RealGM

Post#32 » by cgmw » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:31 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
cgmw wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I’m sure you’re a true Knick fan, but you are voicing support to the single most important thing that’s been destroying your favorite team for over a generation — the owner’s small-minded pettiness.

Don’t defend Dolan.

I simply called this dude out for what he was. Not a knicks fan looking for attention.

What a miserable post...and questioning whether I'm a knicks fan? LOL go back to bed.

No, I was being earnest when I said I know you’re a real fan.

I’m also being earnest when I say it’s not OK for fans to support Dolan’s sh*tty stadium policies.

Dolan is a bully. He is bullying his own security guards and stadium personnel. He is bullying paying customers. It’s not OK and is symptomatic of the bigger problem crushing this franchise.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 6,018

Post#33 » by Richard4444 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:31 pm

;ab_channel=Prowacked
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#34 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:36 pm

cgmw wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
cgmw wrote:It’s bad enough you’re commandeering the trade thread, but now you gotta defend Dolan’s autocratic stadium policies? What’s next, you support Dolan’s media gag orders? You appreciated his treatment of Oakley?

Don’t defend Dolan.

I’m also being earnest when I say it’s not OK for fans to support Dolan’s sh*tty stadium policies.

Serious question, do you watch knicks games?

edit - don't answer this is not a dolan thread

ROSTER

cgmw
RealGM

Post#35 » by cgmw » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:38 pm

omerome wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
omerome wrote:Not defending Dolan here, but I agree with the MSG people. They asked the fan nicely to display another shirt and didn't force him to remove it. They even offered him a free shirt. I mean, you're in a private building. If you don't want to follow their rules, you can go elsewhere. Just like if someone walked into my house wearing something I didn't like.

To me, it doesn't matter if Dolan is hurt or not. It's still disrespectful to walk into someone's building and wear something like that. The people there did the right thing and if this negatively impacts the franchise's ability to attract players, those players are mentally weak.

Give me guys who want to go to war for this team and can ignore this BS. The guys we sign on long-term contracts or the guys we trade for, I hope can help return our franchise back to becoming a respectable franchise.

It’s not Dolan’s building. It’s your building. He’s just the custodian. As a season ticket holder before and after Dolan, his employees despise him and his policies are a disgrace.

Literally, btw if you own MSG stock then it is your building. It’s not Dolan’s building. He’s allowed to implement awful policies but that doesn’t make them right or defensible.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#36 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:41 pm

ok enough of this...this isn't a pro/con Dolan thread...this is deadline talk.

ROSTER

cgmw
RealGM

Post#37 » by cgmw » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:44 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
cgmw wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Serious question, do you watch knicks games?

In normal times, mostly from a few sections behind Dolan. In my HS yearbook (this is literally true) I was voted “Most likely to spend more time in MSG than Patrick Ewing.” Unfortunately, I’ve been attending games since 1986. Fortunately this year I’m actually enjoying them (on Spectrum).

I don’t care if that guy is a fake fan. If he wore that shirt to a game, he’s a hero.
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,130

Post#38 » by Spree2Houston » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:51 pm

Kevin Knox for Lauri Markkannen
Obi Toppin for 2 Pesto slices with the sauce on top from Dani's Pizza
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,457

Post#39 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:51 pm

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#40 » by makeitstop » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:58 pm

I can't get to the Film School site because of their paywall, but Macri is talking about NYK and Oubre?

Read on Twitter

That came out of nowhere...
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob

Return to New York Knicks