ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks vs Wizards

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Re: PG: Knicks vs Wizards 

Post#501 » by DOT » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:36 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:its crazy how the post game threads become unreadable after wins and losses because of f**** talk

real stimulating discussions guys

It's really wild. He's aight :dontknow:

You know, I actually thought Obi was pretty alright last night despite not scoring

Had a couple good defensive moments, especially that chase down block

I appreciate the effort. I know I make fun of him and the FO a lot cause he's pretty old for a rookie, but props to him for not getting too down when he's having a rough year

Now if we could utilize him right, get him a PG and run some PnRs with him, we might be able to get Randle some actual rest during games lol.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,914

Post#502 » by GONYK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:37 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
GONYK wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Cool beans. One game thread out of the 100 game threads that wasn’t derailed by the Frank cult. If that’s your straw man argument then have at it.

And if you don't want to take ownership over why we're talking about him right now, then have at it :lol:

All we did was point out that he blew another opportunity and then the Frank cult came out to defend him at all costs. Don’t pull out the victim card. :lol:

Talking about players and debating about them is the whole reason this board exists.

But you aren't talking about Frank. You're talking about people who think Frank has value on the team and then complaining that they derail threads with Frank talk.

You are playing the victim card. If we were actually talking about Frank, there wouldn't be an issue.

You're in argument mode, so I know you're not seeing the difference between "Frank blew another opportunity" and "Frank sucks and it pisses me off people talk about him at all".

I trust once you step away, you'll see what I mean. I'm not even saying you're the main offender here either. You just happen to be the one I'm talking to.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,432

Post#503 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:38 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:its crazy how the post game threads become unreadable after wins and losses because of f**** talk

You know, I actually thought Obi was pretty alright last night despite not scoring

I appreciate the effort. I know I make fun of him and the FO a lot cause he's pretty old for a rookie, but props to him for not getting too down when he's having a rough year

Now if we could utilize him right, get him a PG and run some PnRs with him, we might be able to get Randle some actual rest during games lol.

yeah, obi looked like he was figuring it out a little and building some small amount of confidence. but thibs was too concerned with winning and pulled him. sort of a shame.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,298

Post#504 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:39 pm

god shammgod wrote:enough about frank, hate ande drummond more. mods make it happen.

My new theory is that Drummond, Payton, Oladipo and Wall are the Four Horsemen and that judgment is upon us.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#505 » by GONYK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:39 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
GONYK wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I can bump mad game threads too over the last 4 years. You won’t win this.

Go for it. All I know is last week he had his best game of the season and it didn't derail the thread. It wasn't 50 pages of Frank.

Nobody is stopping anyone from bringing up Frank, but it's the people who want to bash him that are complaining that the thread has become about him.

I'm just pointing out who bring him up and derails.
Thalt's not really true, though. Both sides bring Frank up. The pro Frank have a tactic about saying it's only the antip-Franks that taplk about him that ignores four years of threads being about him. Look what happened in my thread two years ago about Mitch Robinsin. Mphaprris comes in talking about Frank. So there is a backlash pro Frank fans will have to take and the rest of have to endure.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

If you want to hold a grudge about this board's enthusiasm for Frank, knock yourself out.

All I'm saying is that you can't have your cake and eat it to. Either bring Frank up and be prepared for the board to talk about him or don't.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Post#506 » by rajajackal » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:40 pm

god shammgod wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

yeah, obi looked like he was figuring it out a little and building some small amount of confidence. but thibs was too concerned with winning and pulled him. sort of a shame.

honestly the fact he wasn't traded at the deadline means he'll only keep getting opportunities. i was encouraged by flashes last night too. all i can hope for is that he develops into a good enough player to grant us randle flexibility. if we have two primo players at the same position, we can hump the trade market
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,551

Post#507 » by Gravy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:40 pm

GONYK wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Gravy wrote:If Frank scored 10+ points this thread would be 50 pages of Frank is incredible talk instead of 25.

IQ scored 16 and helped lead the comeback and got maybe 4 nice job kid lol

his cult comes out whenever he randomly scores more than 6 points and talks about him for 20+ pages in multiple threads like he’s amazing and his “haters” were proven wrong. But then they get mad when he blows yet another opportunity and us “haters” point it out. Bunch of hypocrites. :lol:

There is a game thread from last week I can bump that proves this is a major strawman

There's entire threads created to bash other far more productive players so Frank can get more minutes. I'm counting those in the 50 too!
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#508 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:40 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
god shammgod wrote:enough about frank, hate ande drummond more. mods make it happen.

My new theory is that Drummond, Payton, Oladipo and Wall are the Four Horsemen and that judgment is upon us.

the combination of drummond and payton taking and missing endless shots at the basket will be too much for me. i don't think i can watch too many of these games live if that happens. i'm gonna have to dvr and just watch the good parts.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#509 » by GONYK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:41 pm

Gravy wrote:
GONYK wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:his cult comes out whenever he randomly scores more than 6 points and talks about him for 20+ pages in multiple threads like he’s amazing and his “haters” were proven wrong. But then they get mad when he blows yet another opportunity and us “haters” point it out. Bunch of hypocrites. :lol:

There is a game thread from last week I can bump that proves this is a major strawman

There's entire threads created to bash other far more productive players so Frank can get more minutes. I'm counting those in the 50 too!

Elfrid bashing is it's own thrill :lol:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,600

Post#510 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:42 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Yeah - he didn't look lost at all last night. And what else? Knox put in some really good minutes. He's really getting at it on defense and if he can do that with his threat on the wings there's a role for him in the league. Both of them looking confident and competent in the defensive schemes was very encouraging. Offense will eventually stem from that confidence.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#511 » by DOT » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:43 pm

god shammgod wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I think that might have been the first time all year where Randle was on the bench and we made a comeback lol

First time Obi cracked double-digit minutes in two weeks, too. Part of the issue is always gonna be, Thibs won't play him and Randle together, and we kind of need Randle on the floor to be good, so Obi's always gonna have a hard limit on his minutes so long as Randle is healthy. Sucks, but that's where we are.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#512 » by GONYK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:43 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Obi was actually pretty engaged yesterday.

It's hard for me to really be crazy hard on him. He was a bad fit from the beginning, and we've done everything in our power to make it worse for him.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#513 » by blueNorange » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:43 pm

i truly hope westbrook works on his perimeter game ala derrick rose because he's only going to get worse athletically.

he can't finish at the rim anymore.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,126

Post#514 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:45 pm

GONYK wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
GONYK wrote:
And if you don't want to take ownership over why we're talking about him right now, then have at it :lol:

All we did was point out that he blew another opportunity and then the Frank cult came out to defend him at all costs. Don’t pull out the victim card. :lol:

Talking about players and debating about them is the whole reason this board exists.

But you aren't talking about Frank. You're talking about people who think Frank has value on the team and then complaining that they derail threads with Frank talk.

You are playing the victim card. If we were actually talking about Frank, there wouldn't be an issue.

You're in argument mode, so I know you're not seeing the difference between "Frank blew another opportunity" and "Frank sucks and it pisses me off people talk about him at all".

I trust once you step away, you'll see what I mean.

You’re complaining about us “derailing” threads when that didn’t happen. All we said was that he blew another opportunity and kept it moving. Then of course the Frank cult took it personal and wrote essays about how we talk about him so much and how great he was last night. It’s very delusional and unhealthy. There’s a reason why we call you guys a cult for a reason. But you won’t see that cause you’re part of it.

So look do you. I don’t really care anymore bruh.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#515 » by GONYK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:46 pm

blueNorange wrote:i truly hope westbrook works on his perimeter game ala derrick rose because he's only going to get worse athletically.

Here's the dirty secret about Westbrook: he was always a losing player. It's just becoming more obvious.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,126

Post#516 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:47 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

the combination of drummond and payton taking and missing endless shots at the basket will be too much for me. i don't think i can watch too many of these games live if that happens. i'm gonna have to dvr and just watch the good parts.

Will there be any good parts though? :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#517 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:47 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
GONYK wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:All we did was point out that he blew another opportunity and then the Frank cult came out to defend him at all costs. Don’t pull out the victim card. :lol:

I trust once you step away, you'll see what I mean.

You’re complaining about us “derailing” threads when that didn’t happen. All we said was that he blew another opportunity and kept it moving. Then of course the Frank cult took it personal and wrote essays about how we talk about him so much and how great he was last night. It’s very delusional and unhealthy. There’s a reason why we call you guys a cult for a reason. But you won’t see that cause you’re part of it.

So look do you. I don’t really care anymore bruh.

nxivmkina
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#518 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:48 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:My new theory is that Drummond, Payton, Oladipo and Wall are the Four Horsemen and that judgment is upon us.

Will there be any good parts though? :lol:

not enough :lol:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#519 » by DOT » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:48 pm

Capn'O wrote:Yeah - he didn't look lost at all last night. And what else? Knox put in some really good minutes. He's really getting at it on defense and if you can do that with his threat on the wings there's a role for you in the league. Both of them looking confident and competent in the defensive schemes was very encouraging.

I still do have hope for Knox, he's just buried so deep in the depth chart

And then once Rose gets back he's gonna be even further down cause we're gonna have a lot of 3 guard lineups with Burks/RJ playing the 3, unless we do the right thing and bench Elfrid, but I doubt it

I think we're just in a weird situation with those two because they're really not good enough to demand minutes, but they need minutes to develop. Shame the G League isn't an option (though we'd never use it cause we're too proud but whatever).
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,298

Post#520 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:49 pm

GONYK wrote:
blueNorange wrote:i truly hope westbrook works on his perimeter game ala derrick rose because he's only going to get worse athletically.

Here's the dirty secret about Westbrook: he was always a losing player. It's just becoming more obvious.

I disagree with that.

He worked miracles during his MVP season, that team had no business making the playoffs.

He was also good in OKC for a long period of time.

I think his style of play just puts a ceiling on his team, and that ceiling happens to have dropped significantly over the past few years.

Return to New York Knicks