ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks vs Wizards

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Re: PG: Knicks vs Wizards 

Post#521 » by GONYK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:49 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
GONYK wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:All we did was point out that he blew another opportunity and then the Frank cult came out to defend him at all costs. Don’t pull out the victim card. :lol:

Talking about players and debating about them is the whole reason this board exists.

But you aren't talking about Frank. You're talking about people who think Frank has value on the team and then complaining that they derail threads with Frank talk.

You are playing the victim card. If we were actually talking about Frank, there wouldn't be an issue.

You're in argument mode, so I know you're not seeing the difference between "Frank blew another opportunity" and "Frank sucks and it pisses me off people talk about him at all".

I trust once you step away, you'll see what I mean.

You’re complaining about us “derailing” threads when that didn’t happen. All we said was that he blew another opportunity and kept it moving. Then of course the Frank cult took it personal and wrote essays about how we talk about him so much and how great he was last night. It’s very delusional and unhealthy. There’s a reason why we call you guys a cult for a reason. But you won’t see that cause you’re part of it.

So look do you. I don’t really care anymore bruh.

Ok, I'll hold you to that :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,500

Post#522 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:50 pm

I don’t think we’re getting Drummond cause the Lakers seem pretty desperate for him. And he’s been working out in LA. He’ll only choose the Knicks if we offer him some lucrative contract that he can’t turn down
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,309

Post#523 » by DOT » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:50 pm

GONYK wrote:Obi was actually pretty engaged yesterday.

It's hard for me to really be crazy hard on him. He was a bad fit from the beginning, and we've done everything in our power to make it worse for him.

I know "23 years old" is a huge meme for me, and it is disappointing when you look at his production relative to his age and draft position, but we certainly aren't doing him any favors with having this roster as well as how we use him almost exclusively as a floor spacer.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,323

Post#524 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:50 pm

GONYK wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
GONYK wrote:
There is a game thread from last week I can bump that proves this is a major strawman

I can bump mad game threads too over the last 4 years. You won’t win this. :lol:

Go for it. All I know is last week he had his best game of the season and it didn't derail the thread. It wasn't 50 pages of Frank.

Nobody is stopping anyone from bringing up Frank, but it's the people who want to bash him that are complaining that the thread has become about him.

I'm just pointing out who bring him up and derails.

Yep. I basically mention Frank when he's in the game during game threads and then it's Frank! or Come on Frank!, but I don't see a hive of Frankenfrooters derailing threads.

It's like the anti-Franks keep flinging their poo at the walls and then bitch about how unsanitary the conditions are.
ImageImageImage
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#525 » by GONYK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:51 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
GONYK wrote:
blueNorange wrote:i truly hope westbrook works on his perimeter game ala derrick rose because he's only going to get worse athletically.

he can't finish at the rim anymore.

Here's the dirty secret about Westbrook: he was always a losing player. It's just becoming more obvious.

I disagree with that.

He worked miracles during his MVP season, that team had no business making the playoffs.

He was also good in OKC for a long period of time.

I think his style of play just puts a ceiling on his team, and that ceiling happens to have dropped significantly over the past few years.

A star can get by with a lot during the regular season.

By the time the playoffs rolled around, we all knew Playoff Russ was a problem...and not the good kind.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,323

Post#526 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:52 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:I don’t think we’re getting Drummond cause the Lakers seem pretty desperate for him. And he’s been working out in LA. He’ll only choose the Knicks if we offer him some lucrative contract that he can’t turn down

Yeah, there's no there there with the Drummond rumors. He'll go somewhere like the Lakers or the Nets for a title run and then sort himself out if he's not extended
ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,028

Post#527 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:53 pm

a lot of this frank stuff is just the "hey, you like a guy a lot that i don't like as much so let me attempt to annoy you about his shortcomings" sh*t that we all participate in. you really can't stop it.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,187

Post#528 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:53 pm

GONYK wrote:
blueNorange wrote:i truly hope westbrook works on his perimeter game ala derrick rose because he's only going to get worse athletically.

Here's the dirty secret about Westbrook: he was always a losing player. It's just becoming more obvious.

Aw that's no fair. He won plenty and his teammates seem to follow his lead with intensity. But there was always a cap to his teams because he doesn't know how to pace himself. He's not a championship player for sure.

Even last night - Russ set a real defensive tone that lifted the Wizards from the miserable game they played Tuesday but he did it with an intensity that he couldn't sustain and was too gassed to do anything down the stretch. In contrast, it was awesome to watch a young RJ Barrett pick his spot late in the game to rally his troops to victory.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#529 » by HEZI » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:53 pm

Need more Stinkilikina talk and less hot dog face slapping
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#530 » by GONYK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:53 pm

K-DOT wrote:

It's hard for me to really be crazy hard on him. He was a bad fit from the beginning, and we've done everything in our power to make it worse for him.

I know "23 years old" is a huge meme for me, and it is disappointing when you look at his production relative to his age and draft position, but we certainly aren't doing him any favors with having this roster as well as how we use him almost exclusively as a floor spacer.

I don't know how Rose talked Thibs into Obi, but I can't think of a player Tom must have wanted less with our pick.

That's why they are basically making him a 3. Because Tom will never play him at the 5.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,623

Post#531 » by Gravy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:53 pm

GONYK wrote:
Gravy wrote:
GONYK wrote:
There is a game thread from last week I can bump that proves this is a major strawman

There's entire threads created to bash other far more productive players so Frank can get more minutes. I'm counting those in the 50 too!

Elfrid bashing is it's own thrill :lol:

Bullock and Burks is really who I meant. ELf is the new DSJ, we'll go back n forth on if he or Frank is less terrible. But bash away at Elf, I cant help him anymore lol
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#532 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:53 pm

HEZI wrote:Need more Stinkilikina talk and less hot dog face slapping

Really not helpful.
BAF Clippers

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#533 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:57 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Yeah - he didn't look lost at all last night. And what else? Knox put in some really good minutes. He's really getting at it on defense and if you can do that with his threat on the wings there's a role for you in the league. Both of them looking confident and competent in the defensive schemes was very encouraging.

I still do have hope for Knox, he's just buried so deep in the depth chart

And then once Rose gets back he's gonna be even further down cause we're gonna have a lot of 3 guard lineups with Burks/RJ playing the 3, unless we do the right thing and bench Elfrid, but I doubt it

I think we're just in a weird situation with those two because they're really not good enough to demand minutes, but they need minutes to develop. Shame the G League isn't an option (though we'd never use it cause we're too proud but whatever).

I might actually be warming to the idea that Knox does deserve the backup 4 minutes and maybe some wing minutes.
BAF Clippers

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,520

Post#534 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:58 pm

K-DOT wrote:

The caller from the first Bullets postgame show highlighted through his Deni delusions the issue with Obi.

They're guys who need the team to help them, more than they help the team.

It's something that buzz has complained about in the past.

It's just, these guys have no cache, they're literally rookies, so why would the team press pause and adjust all the other parts around them to help them?

I guess you could say that about RJ last year, but credit to him for improving his game and contributing to the success of the team this year. Not to mention, the infuriating part about RJ's development last season was that we sacrificed spacing for Elfrid Payton of all people, who has no future in the NBA and who hurt the team despite being a veteran. Guys like Randle, Mitch, Noel, help the team, Obi does not, so in a way it's up to him to adjust to a role.

Because of his inability to protect the rim, Obi will need to be a floor spacer in most situations regardless. The team as currently constructed needs him to be that. So he needs to work on that skill.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,309

Post#535 » by DOT » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:58 pm

GONYK wrote:I don't know how Rose talked Thibs into Obi, but I can't think of a player Tom must have wanted less with our pick.

That's why they are basically making him a 3. Because Tom will never play him at the 5.

I don't know, I think Obi was kind of the prospect Thibs likes

Older, went to a smaller school, had gaudy numbers, high floor guy (allegedly)

Pretty easy to talk yourself into him being good right away without needing development, which I believe is similar to why Thibs took Dunn 5th over Murray in 2016

Plus if the report is true that Thibs wasn't sold on Randle before the season started (which isn't unrealistic, let's be honest), then it kinda makes sense.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#536 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:59 pm

GONYK wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I disagree with that.

He worked miracles during his MVP season, that team had no business making the playoffs.

He was also good in OKC for a long period of time.

I think his style of play just puts a ceiling on his team, and that ceiling happens to have dropped significantly over the past few years.

A star can get by with a lot during the regular season.

By the time the playoffs rolled around, we all knew Playoff Russ was a problem...and not the good kind.

That's the ceiling we're talking about.
BAF Clippers

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#537 » by GONYK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:59 pm

Capn'O wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Aw that's no fair. He won plenty and his teammates seem to follow his lead with intensity. But there was always a cap to his teams because he doesn't know how to pace himself. He's not a championship player for sure.

Even last night - Russ set a real defensive tone that lifted the Wizards from the miserable game they played Tuesday but he did it with an intensity that he couldn't sustain and was too gassed to do anything down the stretch. In contrast, it was awesome to watch a young RJ Barrett pick his spot late in the game to rally his troops to victory.

I think with him, it goes beyond pace. He has never had a feel for the game. When the pace of the game slows down and teams really dig in, Russ never developed any sense of craft to overcome it. His inability to think the game is what put a cap on his teams.

Now that he can't blur through a defense anymore, it's more prominent than ever.

I totally agree that RJ's ability to adapt to the game in front of him and know when to strike is beautiful to watch. It's my favorite thing about him.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#538 » by GONYK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:02 pm

Capn'O wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Yeah - he didn't look lost at all last night. And what else? Knox put in some really good minutes. He's really getting at it on defense and if you can do that with his threat on the wings there's a role for you in the league. Both of them looking confident and competent in the defensive schemes was very encouraging.

I still do have hope for Knox, he's just buried so deep in the depth chart

And then once Rose gets back he's gonna be even further down cause we're gonna have a lot of 3 guard lineups with Burks/RJ playing the 3, unless we do the right thing and bench Elfrid, but I doubt it

I think we're just in a weird situation with those two because they're really not good enough to demand minutes, but they need minutes to develop. Shame the G League isn't an option (though we'd never use it cause we're too proud but whatever).

I might actually be warming to the idea that Knox does deserve the backup 4 minutes and maybe some wing minutes.

Knox should be playing over Obi if the role is to space the floor
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#539 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:03 pm

GONYK wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I think with him, it goes beyond pace. He has never had a feel for the game. When the pace of the game slows down and teams really dig in, Russ never developed any sense of craft to overcome it. His inability to think the game is what put a cap on his teams.

Now that he can't blur through a defense anymore, it's more prominent than ever.

I totally agree that RJ's ability to adapt to the game in front of him and know when to strike is beautiful to watch. It's my favorite thing about him.

Agree completely. With Russ, I'm more talking about his tendency to gas himself out too early with the pace comment. There's no chill. But you're right. His feel has always been off and it hampers how far he can get. I don't know how many games of his I've watched where it's like "bro, you've gotta stop attacking for a few plays" late in the game as defenses just lie in wait.

I just can't call him a "losing" player. As much as he shoots himself in the foot I think everyone respects his hustle.
BAF Clippers

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,028

Post#540 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:06 pm

you gotta define losing, win it all with him and his shortcomings ? maybe not. but he was on winning teams and for a few years the best player on them for his whole career before this year.

Return to New York Knicks