ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks vs Wizards

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,522

Re: PG: Knicks vs Wizards 

Post#541 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:07 pm

GONYK wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Here's the dirty secret about Westbrook: he was always a losing player. It's just becoming more obvious.

I disagree with that.

He worked miracles during his MVP season, that team had no business making the playoffs.

He was also good in OKC for a long period of time.

I think his style of play just puts a ceiling on his team, and that ceiling happens to have dropped significantly over the past few years.

A star can get by with a lot during the regular season.

By the time the playoffs rolled around, we all knew Playoff Russ was a problem...and not the good kind.

I mean, OKC did reach the Finals and the Conference Finals with prime Westbrook at the point several times.

Did he hurt his team eventually? Sure, to some extent. But clearly he didn't prevent his team from going far in the playoffs.

After KD left, I think prime Westbrook surrounded by shooters and an elite roll man could've led a team to the 2nd or 3rd round. After all, he did lead OKC to the playoffs with an unimpressive cast.

But against the elite of the elite, I think his game became a problem, for sure.

I just don't think "losing player" applies here. Although I think the combination of his usage and lack of off-ball shooting ability put a ceiling on his teams, which is flexible depending on the cast, age, injuries etc. I do think his ceiling has dropped to the point where he's a losing player today.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#542 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:08 pm

Play Obi at the 5, and the whole team identity collapses and Thibs loses credibility in front of his players.

It's not reasonable to do that. Like at all.

Obi needs to find ways to help the team, period.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,323

Post#543 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:08 pm

god shammgod wrote:a lot of this frank stuff is just the "hey, you like a guy a lot that i don't like as much so let me attempt to annoy you about his shortcomings" sh*t that we all participate in. you really can't stop it.

ImageImageImage
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,137

Post#544 » by Tron Carter » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:09 pm

anything happen with mitch this game? or was it that taj was just playing too good?
R.I.P Black Mamba
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#545 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:09 pm

GONYK wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Go for it. All I know is last week he had his best game of the season and it didn't derail the thread. It wasn't 50 pages of Frank.

Nobody is stopping anyone from bringing up Frank, but it's the people who want to bash him that are complaining that the thread has become about him.

I'm just pointing out who bring him up and derails.
Thalt's not really true, though. Both sides bring Frank up. The pro Frank have a tactic about saying it's only the antip-Franks that taplk about him that ignores four years of threads being about him. Look what happened in my thread two years ago about Mitch Robinsin. Mphaprris comes in talking about Frank. So there is a backlash pro Frank fans will have to take and the rest of have to endure.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

If you want to hold a grudge about this board's enthusiasm for Frank, knock yourself out.

All I'm saying is that you can't have your cake and eat it to. Either bring Frank up and be prepared for the board to talk about him or don't.
The anti-Feank doesn't complain when people respond. The pro-Frank raise this argument when they have nothing left. That's the tactic. It's very dishonest.

If you don't like the noise don't answer.

I don't care one way or the other. Frank sucks. People know it. How they cope with it is on them. I'm just glad the truth is out.

prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#546 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:10 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
god shammgod wrote:enough about frank, hate ande drummond more. mods make it happen.

My new theory is that Drummond, Payton, Oladipo and Wall are the Four Horsemen and that judgment is upon us.

the combination of drummond and payton taking and missing endless shots at the basket will be too much for me. i don't think i can watch too many of these games live if that happens. i'm gonna have to dvr and just watch the good parts.
It will be the greatest. 50 offensive rebounds and 2 points scored! The analytics heads will explode!

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,682

Post#547 » by mpharris36 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:11 pm

K-DOT wrote:
GONYK wrote:I don't know how Rose talked Thibs into Obi, but I can't think of a player Tom must have wanted less with our pick.

That's why they are basically making him a 3. Because Tom will never play him at the 5.

I don't know, I think Obi was kind of the prospect Thibs likes

Older, went to a smaller school, had gaudy numbers, high floor guy (allegedly)

Pretty easy to talk yourself into him being good right away without needing development, which I believe is similar to why Thibs took Dunn 5th over Murray in 2016

Plus if the report is true that Thibs wasn't sold on Randle before the season started (which isn't unrealistic, let's be honest), then it kinda makes sense.

I dont know didn't Thibs personally fly down to see Vassell and Kira. Those seems like more thibs guys. A great defender with shooting potential and a lightening quick guard that gets into the paint.

I mean thibs did love Boozer so there was a chance...but that screamed Leon making a stamp on the org...he even wanted to trade up for him.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#548 » by HEZI » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:12 pm

Capn'O wrote:
HEZI wrote:Need more Stinkilikina talk and less hot dog face slapping

Really not helpful.

Helpful with what?
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#549 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:12 pm

Game in two minutes.

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#550 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:15 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
ok.... :roll:

Must have been rolling your eyes when you were reading that post.

:noway:

Don't shake your head at me!! :lol: dude said Beal never had a legit all star. I replied with John Wall. You responded who never said he was an all star. Obviously... the post you responded to. Come on man!
:beer: RIP mags
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#551 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:17 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:Play Obi at the 5, and the whole team identity collapses and Thibs loses credibility in front of his players.

It's not reasonable to do that. Like at all.

Obi needs to find ways to help the team, period.

Fire post Chanel, you're very wise.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#552 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:20 pm

god shammgod wrote:a lot of this frank stuff is just the "hey, you like a guy a lot that i don't like as much so let me attempt to annoy you about his shortcomings" sh*t that we all participate in. you really can't stop it.
Feels more malicious both ways.

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,070

Post#553 » by GONYK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:21 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
GONYK wrote:I don't know how Rose talked Thibs into Obi, but I can't think of a player Tom must have wanted less with our pick.

That's why they are basically making him a 3. Because Tom will never play him at the 5.

I don't know, I think Obi was kind of the prospect Thibs likes

Pretty easy to talk yourself into him being good right away without needing development, which I believe is similar to why Thibs took Dunn 5th over Murray in 2016

Plus if the report is true that Thibs wasn't sold on Randle before the season started (which isn't unrealistic, let's be honest), then it kinda makes sense.

I dont know didn't Thibs personally fly down to see Vassell and Kira. Those seems like more thibs guys. A great defender with shooting potential and a lightening quick guard that gets into the paint.

I mean thibs did love Boozer so there was a chance...but that screamed Leon making a stamp on the org...he even wanted to trade up for him.

Isn't it well documented that Thibs did not love Boozer? He certainly never played him when the game really mattered.

That was Taj time.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#554 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:23 pm

Read on Twitter

I really enjoyed that win last night...hated 3 quarters of it, but that just made the victory at the end sweet. I imagine it's a microcosm of what a Knicks championship would feel like. Decades of mostly subpar basketball that turn into pure euphoria.

Anyway, lots of Gibson and Barrett love. Mitch got too amped is my theory, because he was shaky. Payton and Frank were bad. Randle did that thing legit stars do where they can miss a ton of shots but then make the big baskets when the game is on the line. This was a fun one to write-up.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,331

Post#555 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:24 pm

Should have expected an insufferable thread after this game. melo curse strikes again.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,040

Post#556 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:27 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Feels more malicious both ways.

does it ? i don't know. it's just part of how this place operates. we participate in extreme hyperbole as much as nuanced analysis and frankly that's what makes this place good. the combination of both. frank is not the first guy to get this treatment and he won't be the last.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,501

Post#557 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:29 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Should have expected an insufferable thread after this game. melo curse strikes again.

glad to hear you're suffering
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,501

Post#558 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:34 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,682

Post#559 » by mpharris36 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:41 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I don't know, I think Obi was kind of the prospect Thibs likes

Isn't it well documented that Thibs did not love Boozer? He certainly never played him when the game really mattered.

That was Taj time.

He just stuck around a long time in CHI (4 years) if he disliked him so much. But it always did feel that Thibs trusted Taj more in crunch time.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,331

Post#560 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

glad to hear you're suffering

Thank you. After a great come back win i needed it. Can't have too many moments of joy around here
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce

Return to New York Knicks