ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone

Moderators: K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
Posts: 37,164
And1: 11,756
Joined: Jul 01, 2010

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#381 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:30 am

Tatum? Come on man.. when are you guys going learn? :lol:

This Blazers Clips game is a perfect example of why Cj and Dame isn't going to win you anything. The clippers doubled Dame every possession and since CJ operates in pretty much the same fashion that Dame does they could just run the same strategy on CJ that they ran on Dame. They didn't have to change anything at all. They even ran that schit on Powell. You want to stop Portland just defend them out high, trap and recover. It's too easy in a 7 game series.
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 43,629
And1: 29,084
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#382 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:32 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:I must disagree.

The 2019 draft was good at the time and looks even better now, and not just because of the top 3.

Herro, Keldon Johnson, Thybulle, Clarke, Timelord, Garland, Rui, Hunter, THT all look like quality players already.

Secondly, having a shot at a top 4 talent and passing on that to accumulate more assets rarely pans out. Usually, you take the best talent with the highest possible draft pick. Rare exceptions to the rule, in the interest of fairness, include the McHale trade and the Tatum trade.

But the Pelicans needed a point guard who can shoot off the dribble to run the pick-and-roll with Zion and they had a borderline elite prospect who fit that archetype right there for the taking. David Griffin just outsmarted himself. Now they have a point guard who doesn't fit with Zion, and from the trade all they got is a center who can't space the floor for Zion and a generic wing player who might pan out but doesn't elevate the ceiling of that team significantly.

Passing on Garland was a massive blunder by the Pelicans front office.


Are you trying to say that trading the #5 pick in a pretty great draft for Randy Foye & Mike Miller is not a good decision?

https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/Wolves_Acquire_the_No_5_Pick_-090624.html#:~:text=The%20Minnesota%20Timberwolves%20announced%20the,Randy%20Foye%20and%20Mike%20Miller.

This trade doesn't get enough hate. Look at this draft!!!!!

Yeah that one's an all-timer.

That whole draft was a historical mess.


I still remember that deal going down. Back then I was on the BSPN forums. I couldn’t believe we couldn’t outbid Foye & Mike Miller. I really thought we were gonna land Curry and someone else good and really take off going into 2010 FA. Imagine what would have been...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 43,629
And1: 29,084
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#383 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:36 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter


Boston fans/media turning on Tatum!!!

Wow!!!!!


Trade & transaction thread is gonna have a flood of "Obi and Nerlens, plus our 2021 and 2023 for Tatum, not much more though" posts soon.


Nailed it :lol:

I would love Tatum here. Won’t happen. Even if we offered everything they’d still say no. His ceiling is too high
:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 62,232
And1: 55,889
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's Stop and Get A Hot Dog
 

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#384 » by Capn'O » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:38 am

ibraheim718 wrote:Tatum? Come on man.. when are you guys going learn? :lol:

This Blazers Clips game is a perfect example of why Cj and Dame isn't going to win you anything. The clippers doubled Dame every possession and since CJ operates in pretty much the same fashion that Dame does they could just run the same strategy on CJ that they ran on Dame. They didn't have to change anything at all. They even ran that schit on Powell. You want to stop Portland just defend them out high, trap and recover. It's too easy in a 7 game series.


That and they gave up 47 points in the first quarter.
BAF Clippers
PG: SGA Conley Chiozza
SG: KCP Melton Bacon
SF: Middleton THT
PF: DFS Bjelica Toliver
C: Vuc Nurkic Holmes

RIP Mags :beer:
"Greatness wasn't worth anything if you couldn't share it."-Kobe
User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
General Manager
Posts: 8,646
And1: 14,755
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#385 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:55 am

ibraheim718 wrote:Tatum? Come on man.. when are you guys going learn? :lol:

This Blazers Clips game is a perfect example of why Cj and Dame isn't going to win you anything. The clippers doubled Dame every possession and since CJ operates in pretty much the same fashion that Dame does they could just run the same strategy on CJ that they ran on Dame. They didn't have to change anything at all. They even ran that schit on Powell. You want to stop Portland just defend them out high, trap and recover. It's too easy in a 7 game series.


I'd like the Blazers against the Nuggets in a series though, they don't have nearly as much team speed or the defenders to pull that off. If D. Mitchell could do that much damage to the Nuggets last year, I'd think that Dame, CJ and even Powell should be able to get off against even worse perimeter defense.
Montmorencie
Junior
Posts: 334
And1: 200
Joined: Jul 07, 2020
       

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#386 » by Montmorencie » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:02 am

Nuggets have been dominating Blazers ever since that game 7 loss at home. That was 3 years ago. Jokic has elevated to mvp calibre player, Murray has shown he can elevate for playoffs and most importantly, they have many scorers and options now. Indeed, on paper, Portland should be the worst match-up for the currently constructed Nuggets, but the team and individual class is so much in their favour that I wouldn't be surprised if they sweep them.

Blazers are dinosaurs. Dame is a dinosaur apart from the logos 3s, CJ is a dinosaur, Carmelo is a dinosaur, the coach and the team style are dinosaur-ish. People are questioning whether you can win a championship with one player with such style, they have one player that is different(Nurkic and he is injured all the time). This team is not winning anything but they seem to have fun. I don't mind, Melo will enter top 10 scorers of all time, he's found the perfect place to do it.
User avatar
Chanel Bomber
General Manager
Posts: 8,051
And1: 11,603
Joined: Sep 20, 2018
 

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#387 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:32 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Are you trying to say that trading the #5 pick in a pretty great draft for Randy Foye & Mike Miller is not a good decision?

https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/Wolves_Acquire_the_No_5_Pick_-090624.html#:~:text=The%20Minnesota%20Timberwolves%20announced%20the,Randy%20Foye%20and%20Mike%20Miller.

This trade doesn't get enough hate. Look at this draft!!!!!

Yeah that one's an all-timer.

That whole draft was a historical mess.


I still remember that deal going down. Back then I was on the BSPN forums. I couldn’t believe we couldn’t outbid Foye & Mike Miller. I really thought we were gonna land Curry and someone else good and really take off going into 2010 FA. Imagine what would have been...

As with everything during his tenure, Donnie Walsh wasn't combative enough. He was always willing to settle and that cost the Knicks big time. He doesn't get enough criticism for this. We missed out on Curry and Bron and almost failed to get Melo because of his conservative approach.

The worst part of it is, Curry refused to work out for the Warriors because he wanted to be a Knick.
Image
User avatar
Dave DaButcher
Pro Prospect
Posts: 971
And1: 2,137
Joined: May 16, 2017
     

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#388 » by Dave DaButcher » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:52 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Paul Pierce, disgraced laughingstock. Should be quite the Hall of Fame induction ceremony (assuming he hasn’t now cancelled himself entirely from polite society).
User avatar
DaGawd
RealGM
Posts: 19,358
And1: 18,490
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Queens, NY
     

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#389 » by DaGawd » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:10 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Randle and all our picks for Tatum. RJ Tatum future.

The New York Wildcats bout to turn in to the New York Blue Devils :lol:
BaF Roster
Washington Wizards
Kyrie Irving/Ricky Rubio/Tyrell Terry
Buddy Hield/ Grayson Allen/Justin Jackson
Kelly Oubre/Jabari Parker/Reggie Bullock
Aaron Gordon/Eric Paschall
Zach Collins/Kelly Olynyk/Jahlil Okafor
spree2kawhi
Head Coach
Posts: 6,271
And1: 1,829
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#390 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:37 pm

Who do you guys have winning it all this year?
Montmorencie
Junior
Posts: 334
And1: 200
Joined: Jul 07, 2020
       

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#391 » by Montmorencie » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:15 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:Who do you guys have winning it all this year?

If Nets are healthy, no one is beating them. Assume KD and/or Kyrie/James are injured, I'd go with:

1. Nuggets
2. Clippers
3. Lakers
4. Sixers
5. Giannis
User avatar
Meat
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,194
And1: 2,638
Joined: Jun 30, 2013
     

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#392 » by Meat » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:16 pm



cant wait to see him in a knicks uni
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 43,629
And1: 29,084
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#393 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:53 pm

Meat wrote:

cant wait to see him in a knicks uni


Put
All
The
Resources
Into
Our
Backcourt

:clap:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 28,893
And1: 18,017
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#394 » by El Poochio » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:51 pm

Nuggets got a wing with size like AG while Sham's Blazers got midgets to combat LeBron - Kawhi etc
New Orleans Pelicans

B: T. Young | G. Hill | J. Harper
B: D. Robinson | G. Trent | B. McLemore
B: P. George | OG Anunoby | J. Holiday
B: J. Crowder | D. Bertans | PJ Tucker
B: A. Davis | D. Theis | A. Baynes

HC: Sim Van Gundy

O: Isolation
D: Social Distancing
User avatar
Reign23
Head Coach
Posts: 6,232
And1: 3,938
Joined: Dec 29, 2014
Location: Regensburg, Germany.
   

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#395 » by Reign23 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:46 pm

El Poochio wrote:Nuggets got a wing with size like AG while Sham's Blazers got midgets to combat LeBron - Kawhi etc

I don‘t know why they didn‘t bring in a good defender at the deadline. gordon would have been a perfect fit. makes no sense that they have some young pieces and basically all future picks. go all in ...
formerly known as knickst4pe
User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
General Manager
Posts: 8,646
And1: 14,755
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#396 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:37 pm

Montmorencie wrote:Nuggets have been dominating Blazers ever since that game 7 loss at home. That was 3 years ago. Jokic has elevated to mvp calibre player, Murray has shown he can elevate for playoffs and most importantly, they have many scorers and options now. Indeed, on paper, Portland should be the worst match-up for the currently constructed Nuggets, but the team and individual class is so much in their favour that I wouldn't be surprised if they sweep them.

Blazers are dinosaurs. Dame is a dinosaur apart from the logos 3s, CJ is a dinosaur, Carmelo is a dinosaur, the coach and the team style are dinosaur-ish. People are questioning whether you can win a championship with one player with such style, they have one player that is different(Nurkic and he is injured all the time). This team is not winning anything but they seem to have fun. I don't mind, Melo will enter top 10 scorers of all time, he's found the perfect place to do it.



The Nuggets won the regular season series 3-1 against the Blazers the same season they eventually lost in 7 to them. The Nuggets still aren't a good defensive team even with Gordon, and a team with a good PG should be able to carve them up. You can call Dame and Cp3 dinosaurs, but they're going to have the ball in their hands majority of possessions with the goal of getting Jokic to defend in space (and Porter), that's one of the reasons why Mitchell was able to score so much against them. The Nuggets have been 23rd defensively since the ASB, and Gordon doesn't address any concerns about PG/SG defense.
User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
General Manager
Posts: 8,646
And1: 14,755
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#397 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
nedleeds
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,404
And1: 4,577
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
Location: Bridgeport, NY
Contact:
 

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#398 » by nedleeds » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:28 pm

Image

#clownworld

So the NBA wants to mandate fan's needing ID? But won't mandate staff and players working inches away from each other? Or are they going to continue hourly covid swabbing until the Earth hurtles into the Sun?

Anyone who wants a vaccine can get one in about a 1/2 hour currently in Georgia, if you are concerned about being exposed to Covid that's totally rational. Go get a vaccine. If you attend a sporting event next fall without antibodies and you catch covid IT'S ON YOU. Just like every other virus and air borne communicable disease that has existed for the history of the **** league.

The theater around this **** is mind numbing.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 28,893
And1: 18,017
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#399 » by El Poochio » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:09 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20


Do we root for Mavs to beat Clips??
New Orleans Pelicans

B: T. Young | G. Hill | J. Harper
B: D. Robinson | G. Trent | B. McLemore
B: P. George | OG Anunoby | J. Holiday
B: J. Crowder | D. Bertans | PJ Tucker
B: A. Davis | D. Theis | A. Baynes

HC: Sim Van Gundy

O: Isolation
D: Social Distancing
User avatar
DaGawd
RealGM
Posts: 19,358
And1: 18,490
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Queens, NY
     

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#400 » by DaGawd » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:11 pm

El Poochio wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20


Do we root for Mavs to beat Clips??

Basically lol. I don’t know if he leaves if they at least compete in the playoffs. I mean the guy has a couple of rings already. He’s probably content on just a solid contender year in and year out close to home
BaF Roster
Washington Wizards
Kyrie Irving/Ricky Rubio/Tyrell Terry
Buddy Hield/ Grayson Allen/Justin Jackson
Kelly Oubre/Jabari Parker/Reggie Bullock
Aaron Gordon/Eric Paschall
Zach Collins/Kelly Olynyk/Jahlil Okafor

Return to New York Knicks