ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,070

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#81 » by GONYK » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,522

Post#82 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:02 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:When I was a teenager back in the early 2000s (yes, I know).

Wait a minute...

(yes, I know) = you think you're old now

or

(yes, I know) = you think you're still young?

A combination of both.

Capn'O wrote:I loved every iteration of Tim Duncan. His boring, methodical ass is my spirit animal.

:lol:
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#83 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:07 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
if the nets are healthy nobody is beating them

They have the most talent. They could put it all together and roll over everyone but also could fold up and have a team mental breakdown...I am rooting for the latter

they look unbeatable when there's only 2 of them on most nights. it's sad but i can't see them losing.

They will probably sweep the East if they don't face Milwaukee. It will be quick and painless.

In two years we might be looking at them having as many championship banners as the Knicks.

Steve Mills was a moron. So is Tilman Fertitta.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,040

Post#84 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:13 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
They have the most talent. They could put it all together and roll over everyone but also could fold up and have a team mental breakdown...I am rooting for the latter

they look unbeatable when there's only 2 of them on most nights. it's sad but i can't see them losing.

They will probably sweep the East if they don't face Milwaukee. It will be quick and painless.

In two years we might be looking at them having as many championship banners as the Knicks.

steve really blew it. it was there for us.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#85 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:19 pm

the curry joining the lakers stuff seems like just click bait but i hope it does happen. it'll make all the rest of the games irrelevant but at least we'll have a good finals on some justice league vs the legion of doom sh*t.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#86 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:19 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Showed his hand early and gave away the blueprint.

Should've listened to Lil Wayne advice. Real Gs do move in silence like lasagna.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#87 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:27 pm

this stephen a vs westbrook stuff is fascinating. stephen a basically said "westbrook's stats don't matter, he needs to win". and westbrook responded "i'm a winner in life, i don't care about winning". and people think that's a good answer. huh ? wizards fans must be thrilled :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,501

Post#88 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:34 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

I need to bring this back just to anger you

“KD and Kyrie aren’t coming and you’ll like it”
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#89 » by GONYK » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:35 pm

god shammgod wrote:this stephen a vs westbrook stuff is fascinating. stephen a basically said "westbook's stats don't matter, he needs to win". and westbrook responded "i'm a winner in life, i don't care about winning". and people think that's a good answer. huh ? wizards fans must be thrilled :lol:

Seems like my "Westbrook has always been a loser" file just got a little thicker
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#90 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:37 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:They will probably sweep the East if they don't face Milwaukee. It will be quick and painless.

i'm way over it now but it's sad because these chances don't come around everyday. i know the board is all "i would rather win with rj and randle than kd and kyrie" but here's the thing.....you aint. :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#91 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:40 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

i'm way over it now but it's sad because these chances don't come around everyday. i know the board is all "i would rather win with rj and randle than kd and kyrie" but here's the thing.....you aint. :lol:

I didn’t want KD and Kyrie cause I just found it hard to root for them because of who they are. I still feel that way. And winning a chip with them wouldn’t feel that great cause it wasn’t home grown. I know you don’t care about none of that though and just want to win because you’re getting old :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#92 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:49 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I need to bring this back just to anger you

I didn’t want KD and Kyrie cause I just found it hard to root for them because of who they are. I still feel that way. And winning a chip with them wouldn’t feel that great cause it wasn’t home grown. I know you don’t care about none of that though and just want to win because you’re getting old :lol:

i am, but i wouldn't have cared when i was young either. the 99 team that everyone loved was full of guys we didn't draft. houston, sprewell, camby, lj, chris childs. none of that means anything. the last time the knicks won it all they had to trade for another team's star in earl monroe. not you, but a lot of y'all are compensating for being rejected. sounds a lot like "i didn't want that bitch anyway, she's ugly" :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#93 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:55 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

i am, but i wouldn't have cared when i was young either. the 99 team that everyone loved was full of guys we didn't draft. houston, sprewell, camby, lj, chris childs. none of that means anything. the last time the knicks won it all they had to trade for another team's star in earl monroe. not you, but a lot of y'all are compensating for being rejected. sounds a lot like "i didn't want that bitch anyway, she's ugly" :lol:

That’s true but at least Ewing was there, so it was still a little home grown and we all know what Ewing means to this franchise. Who would still be here if we got Kyrie and KD? Kevin Knox? :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#94 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:57 pm

Actually Melo would’ve been back if we got KD and Kyrie. He was recruiting them to the Knicks himself. Damn. I probably would’ve been able to root for KD and Kyrie if it meant Melo getting a ring
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,331

Post#95 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:57 pm

GONYK wrote:
god shammgod wrote:this stephen a vs westbrook stuff is fascinating. stephen a basically said "westbook's stats don't matter, he needs to win". and westbrook responded "i'm a winner in life, i don't care about winning". and people think that's a good answer. huh ? wizards fans must be thrilled :lol:

Seems like my "Westbrook has always been a loser" file just got a little thicker

I am with Westbrook on that one. He has had a great career and been on a lot of good playoff teams, just never good enough to go all the way. No shame in that.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#96 » by GONYK » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:58 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
GONYK wrote:
god shammgod wrote:this stephen a vs westbrook stuff is fascinating. stephen a basically said "westbook's stats don't matter, he needs to win". and westbrook responded "i'm a winner in life, i don't care about winning". and people think that's a good answer. huh ? wizards fans must be thrilled

I am with Westbrook on that one. He has had a great career and been on a lot of good playoff teams, just never good enough to go all the way. No shame in that.
He was a major reason for why those teams weren't good enough, which was SAS's point
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,688

Post#97 » by mpharris36 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:04 pm

god shammgod wrote:this stephen a vs westbrook stuff is fascinating. stephen a basically said "westbrook's stats don't matter, he needs to win". and westbrook responded "i'm a winner in life, i don't care about winning". and people think that's a good answer. huh ? wizards fans must be thrilled :lol:

He basically said:

im collecting checks and putting up stats!

F*ck winning :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#98 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:07 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:this stephen a vs westbrook stuff is fascinating. stephen a basically said "westbrook's stats don't matter, he needs to win". and westbrook responded "i'm a winner in life, i don't care about winning". and people think that's a good answer. huh ? wizards fans must be thrilled :lol:

He basically said:

im collecting checks and putting up stats!

F*ck winning :lol:

didn't he say that he wanted to leave houston partially because he wasn't able to put up the same stats he used to.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#99 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:09 pm

that cousins deal is only a 10 day contract lol
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#100 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:13 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:A random yet somewhat cliche story that nobody asked for:

When I was a teenager back in the early 2000s (yes, I know) I absolutely hated the Spurs. I thought they were boring. I hated Duncan and his robotic post moves. I hated Bruce Bowen. I hated Parker's face. I hated how inevitably good they were. They were realists in a game of artists. They were ruining the party, so to speak.

Yet, while I was too busy complaining about these optics, I was completely missing the fact that they represented everything I love about sports. Loyalty, a sense of identity, toughness, humility, unselfishness, decency, and even creativity through Ginobili.

I'm not complaining about how things have changed or whatnot, or implying that yesterday's era was better than the one we live in today, but in a league where a few marquee players have seemingly lost all perspective on decency by forcing trades, betraying teammates and disrespecting teammates and fanbases alike ("that's all folks"), I must say that I did not enjoy the Spurs as much as I should have during the peak of their reign. In retrospect, it feels stupid.

Thankfully, I had learned to appreciate them by the time they made it back to the Finals in 2013 and 2014.

Those Spurs teams were quite different than previous ones though, they were the pinnacle of ball movement and spacing, like how Utah Jazz plays now but with less 3s, the 00s Spurs made it impossible to watch their games with boring defensive grind it out ball that lulled you to sleep

I thought Pops was really the GOAT for adapting to that changing meta, which Phil failed to adapt, but then he really inexplicably went back to old school with Aldridge + another big which he at least quit on insisting for like the last 2 years

I agree.

Pop was far more pragmatic than Phil, who was a lot more inflexible and dogmatic. As we have seen, the triangle is now completely outdated. I think Pop is the GOAT coach of the modern era.

Return to New York Knicks