ImageImageImageImageImage

PG- Game of Zones Part Deux

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,395

Re: PG- Game of Zones Part Deux 

Post#301 » by god shammgod » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:39 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

good question...not sure

tbh I would throw a real package at one of those teams. basically everthing but RJ on the table for me.

everything but RJ probably doesn't get you there.

I would guess outside of Kuminga...the general consensus would be teams would probably rather have the top 4 rather than RJ. That is just speculation but that is my guess.

I'm not interested in trading RJ at this point for any "realistic" type offer.

yeah, i don't think you're getting a top 5 for rj. this draft is rated too high. if a team with a lot of young players already needed a current all-star to get over the hump then maybe they'd take randle & our pick. minny needs that, and need kat to want to stay. besides minny i'm not sure. maybe like suggested golden state would trade 5 for randle because they're win now.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,004

Post#302 » by Reign23 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:40 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

good question...not sure

tbh I would throw a real package at one of those teams. basically everthing but RJ on the table for me.

I would guess outside of Kuminga...the general consensus would be teams would probably rather have the top 4 rather than RJ. That is just speculation but that is my guess.

you don't think a package around IQ+Mitch+ our pick for example could get us there? Or Randle + Dallas Pick
formerly known as knickst4pe
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,213

Post#303 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:40 pm

Reign23 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Reign23 wrote:tbh I would throw a real package at one of those teams. basically everthing but RJ on the table for me.

you don't think a package around IQ+Mitch+ our pick for example could get us there? Or Randle + Dallas Pick

Randle doesn't have a great deal of value at an expiring contract to a bad team and since the only way Randle makes sense if the Minny picks falls at 4 or 5.

Mitch and IQ plus a pick in the late teens absolutely doesn't get you into the top 5 of this class.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#304 » by god shammgod » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:40 pm

Reign23 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Reign23 wrote:tbh I would throw a real package at one of those teams. basically everthing but RJ on the table for me.

you don't think a package around IQ+Mitch+ our pick for example could get us there?
Or Randle + Dallas Pick

no.

the 2nd one maybe. but it'd have to be the right circumstance.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,285

Post#305 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:40 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

yeah, i don't think you're getting a top 5 for rj. this draft is rated too high. if a team with a lot of young players already needed a current all-star to get over the hump then maybe they'd take randle & our pick. they need kat to want to stay. besides minny i'm not sure. maybe like suggested golden state would trade 5 for randle because they're win now.

Reign23
RealGM

Post#306 » by Reign23 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:41 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Randle doesn't have a great deal of value at an expiring contract to a bad team and since the only way Randle makes sense if the Minny picks falls at 4 or 5.

Mitch and IQ plus a pick in the late teens absolutely doesn't get you into the top 5 of this class.

leaning that way as well, but interesting to think about
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#307 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:42 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

yeah, i don't think you're getting a top 5 for rj. this draft is rated too high. if a team with a lot of young players already needed a current all-star to get over the hump then maybe they'd take randle & our pick. they need kat to want to stay. besides minny i'm not sure. maybe like suggested golden state would trade 5 for randle because they're win now.

honestly if your Minny and you land a top 3 pick in this class to keep your pick I would trade D-lo and KAT in two seconds and just build around that pick plus Anthony Edwards. You aren't winning anything with KAT anyway. Just deal him for more picks and and say you land Suggs build around Suggs and Edwards and all the picks you get from D-lo and KAT trades.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#308 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:42 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

you don't think a package around IQ+Mitch+ our pick for example could get us there?
Or Randle + Dallas Pick

no.

the only circumstance is Golden State and you would have to take Wiggins awful contract for them to do it.

ROSTER

Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#309 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:43 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

good question...not sure

RJ, to me, has a similar ceiling to anyone not named Cunningham or Mobley in this draft. I would only trade him for the chance at 1 of those 2 and even then I think you're sending the wrong message to guys around the league and guys on your roster about what you're really about as a franchise... RJ should be developed as a Knick period. Same with IQ IMO
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#310 » by god shammgod » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:44 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

honestly if your Minny and you land a top 3 pick in this glass to keep your pick I would trade D-lo and KAT in two seconds and just build around that pick plus Anthony Edwards. You aren't winning anything with KAT anyway. Just deal him for more picks and and say you land Suggs build around Suggs and Edwards and all the picks you get from D-lo and KAT trades.

it's easy to say but they've been bad for so long, they might not be thinking that way. if i remember right they were trying to trade the edwards pick.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#311 » by god shammgod » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:45 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
Or Randle + Dallas Pick

no.

the only circumstance is Golden State and you would have to take Wiggins awful contract for them to do it.

and the knicks are not even thinking about doing this so it's all for nothing
Reign23
RealGM

Post#312 » by Reign23 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:46 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
no.

man I would definitely take on the 2 years of wiggins for a top 5 pick. we are not signing good player anyway.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#313 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:47 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

RJ, to me, has a similar ceiling to anyone not named Cunningham or Mobley in this draft. I would only trade him for the chance at 1 of those 2 and even then I think you're sending the wrong message to guys around the league and guys on your roster about what you're really about as a franchise... RJ should be developed as a Knick period. Same with IQ IMO

Yeah you're not building a culture or a team identity if your roster is constantly a revolving door. The Knicks need to commit to certain players, properly evaluate their talent and build accordingly. RJ and Mitch represent values that I like, so they're untouchable to me.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#314 » by god shammgod » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:48 pm

Reign23 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

man I would definitely take on the 2 years of wiggins for a top 5 pick. we are not signing good player anyway.

you probably take a step back record-wise losing randle for a rookie, the rose/thibs partnership doesn't seem interested in that.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#315 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:48 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I think thats a fair assessment. The only reason I put Suggs and Green in there for other teams is because you have two more years of control at a rookie salary. For teams that bad it means something.

But I get the sentiment...you can make the case RJ being just as valuable as anyone in the class probably outside of Cade.

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,081

Post#316 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:49 pm

chances of us getting a top 5 pick is as likely as us winning the championship. we don’t have the assets to get it done and i don’t see the knicks even trading Randle or RJ for a better pick.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#317 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:50 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
no.

correct the knicks made there bed with Thibs and trying to win games now...they are banking on getting someone via trade or FA...the risk you run is if you don't get a star player you run the risk of turning into Orlando north...we shall see

ROSTER

Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#318 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:50 pm

Reign23 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

If the Knicks make the playoffs and the Clippers flame out once more in the first or second round, keep an eye on Kawhi. It's a long shot, no doubt, but the Knicks would be wise to keep their options open for that eventuality.

If the Knicks miss the playoffs, and Randle can get you in the top 5 of this draft, then they should absolutely consider it, even if they won't.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,900

Post#319 » by GONYK » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:50 pm

We didn't bring Walt Perrin in so we can trade everything good about this team for a 19 yr old
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#320 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:51 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:chances of us getting a top 5 pick is as likely as us winning the championship. we don’t have the assets to get it done and i don’t see the knicks even trading Randle or RJ for a better pick.

thibs would murder someone before he let leon trade randle or RJ for a rookie :lol:

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks