ImageImageImageImageImage

Let’s be real...we need to sign a center

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Who should we sign?

Norvelle Pelle
15%
John Henson
13%
Dwayne Dedmond
13%
Thon Maker
15%
Jordan Bell
6%
Demarcus Cousins
38%

Total votes: 47

Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,405

Re: Let’s be real...we need to sign a center 

Post#21 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:24 pm

Pelle seems like the easy answer here. I haven't watched him play so going by what others have said: younger, decent size, can defend. The key here is he'd be content with spot minutes and filling in if someone gets in foul trouble/hurt. He's exactly what you need as an insurance policy.

Cousins would obviously want a consistent role and knowing thibs' short rotation, I don't see it happening. Especially since cousins' defense is inconsistent at best. Taking a chance on him, eventually having to cut him and then possibly missing out on pelle seems like a waste of time.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#22 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:27 pm

Polk377 wrote:We really need a C that can shoot the ball. More teams are going to start playing us with a heavy zone. Go and get Henry Ellenson. The kid can shoot and is a plus rebounder. We don't need another Mitch/Noel clone.

I was irrationally excited when we got ellenson having watched him in summer league for a few years. Figured maybe he was just a need a change of scenery guy. He was really disappointing here. Killed it in the g league again this year. Have a feeling he's just the epitome of a fringe guy who isn't good enough for the league.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#23 » by Polk377 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:50 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Polk377 wrote:We really need a C that can shoot the ball. More teams are going to start playing us with a heavy zone. Go and get Henry Ellenson. The kid can shoot and is a plus rebounder. We don't need another Mitch/Noel clone.

I was irrationally excited when we got ellenson having watched him in summer league for a few years. Figured maybe he was just a need a change of scenery guy. He was really disappointing here. Killed it in the g league again this year. Have a feeling he's just the epitome of a fringe guy who isn't good enough for the league.

The whole team other than Mitch was disappointing when we had him. A lot of that went on no plan Fizdale. I would at least take a flier on a 10 day contract and see what he can do. We can't keep getting trapped by these zones.
Trademarkk
Senior
And1: 246

Post#24 » by Trademarkk » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:50 pm

Cousins will probably end up in Boston or Miami. Whoever signs with the team will barely see the floor.

No point in expecting any change to the rotation this season. Just as Thibs trots out Elfrid each game, the duo of Noel and Gibson will remain constant unless one gets injured (again). It is what it is.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#25 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:54 pm

Polk377 wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:

The whole team other than Mitch was disappointing when we had him. A lot of that went on no plan Fizdale. I would at least take a flier on a 10 day contract and see what he can do. We can't keep getting trapped by these zones.

No real downside. He already signed a 10 day with the raps tho and I can't tell if he's been cut or not.
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#26 » by Jimmit79 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:06 pm

When CAA signing some help before thibs gets a heart attack from playing Obi Knox and Frank.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
Polk377
General Manager

Post#27 » by Polk377 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:12 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:

No real downside. He already signed a 10 day with the raps tho and I can't tell if he's been cut or not.

Yes it expired and they did not sign him to a 2nd 10 day. He was brought in for depth while a couple of their players went through Covid protocol.
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,300

Post#28 » by The Lamma » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:55 pm

Anyone else remember the first game he got meaningful minutes for us a couple of years ago? It had a Jeremy Lin style excitement to it -- seeing the new guy killin it in a Knicks uni, and made you think maybe the change of scenery is all he needed. Unlike Lin, he didn't sustain it though. Did a ton of things well in this rare fun game from that awful year.
PS Breen using his "surprised at this guy" tone and laughing in his commentary

Polk377
General Manager

Post#29 » by Polk377 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:14 pm

The Lamma wrote:

Anyone else remember the first game he got meaningful minutes for us a couple of years ago? It had a Jeremy Lin style excitement to it -- seeing the new guy killin it in a Knicks uni, and made you think maybe the change of scenery is all he needed. Unlike Lin, he didn't sustain it though. Did a ton of things well in this rare fun game from that awful year.

He was still 22 then. He has improved as a player over the last 2 years as he showed in the G-League. He would be a nice addition to the bench and can push the pace with Rose, IQ and Burks and Obi.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,033

Post#30 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:59 pm

Polk377 wrote:
The Lamma wrote:

He was still 22 then. He has improved as a player over the last 2 years as he showed in the G-League. He would be a nice addition to the bench and can push the pace with Rose, IQ and Burks and Obi.

Nice. At least we know that we guys like Ellenson and Pelle that they won't disrupt the chemistry of the team. I always liked Dedman.
Free Palestine
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,191

Post#31 » by Jeffrey » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:46 am

Kenneth Faried LOL just throwing names out there
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,976

Post#32 » by TKKnicks1 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:03 am

100% agree with this. We need more offense. A center than can rebound and hit a mid range would be ideal.
~I Believe!~
snadler
Head Coach
And1: 7,947

Post#33 » by snadler » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:14 am

I think the Knicks are still waiting to see if there will be better centers bought out, Kelly O is by far too choice, watching Robin Lopez get a double double tonight might be another candidate
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,000

Post#34 » by Fat Kat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:24 am

Don’t understand why we didn’t wait before cutting the center we just traded for.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#35 » by nyczlegacy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:13 am

Jerome James where is he
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,174

Post#36 » by moocow007 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:37 am

thebuzzardman wrote:I voted for Henson, even though he possesses one of the most punchable faces in the league.

Wasn't he injured and it's reduced his game though?

Yes. For those that are wanting Henson, he hasn't played in over a year cause he physically can't handle the grind. I think folks still have the image of Henson from like 6 or 7 years ago when, for that one year, he was really good. That Henson is long gong. The current Henson is a guy that will struggle physically to stay on the floor and won't really be able to give you much of anything.
Montmorencie
Bench Warmer
And1: 844

Post#37 » by Montmorencie » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:46 am

We need good players. Everywhere. We need good starting point guard, we need a good starting shooting guard or a back-up for Quick if he starts, we need a back-up for RJ, we need a back-up for Julius, we need a starting center or a back-up for Mitch. We need a whole lot. I don't disagree that we need a 5, but it aint that important to make a thread only for that.
Trademarkk
Senior
And1: 246

Post#38 » by Trademarkk » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:38 pm

Cousins to the Clippers

Read on Twitter
putiger78
Sixth Man
And1: 206

Post#39 » by putiger78 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:47 pm

We don't need to sign a centter. Nobody mentioned is an upgrade. We were a rare team with three centers as it is.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,770

Post#40 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:49 pm

putiger78 wrote:We don't need to sign a centter. Nobody mentioned is an upgrade. We were a rare team with three centers as it is.

they'll sign someone but he won't play unless there's injuries

Return to New York Knicks