ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Durant is at it again

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,356

Re: OT: Durant is at it again 

Post#41 » by Ray Williams » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:00 am

The funny thing is, one day some random antagonist may take Doucherant up on his offer and beat his ass on W17th. Hope it winds up in YouTube.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#42 » by DowNY » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:26 am

Read on Twitter

Lock this up, it was all cap. They have a project together coming out.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Post#43 » by moocow007 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:29 am

GEOLINK wrote:Durant calling him out to fight at West 17th is the most funniest part of this to me.

What a 50 year old man gonna do to you in a fight? Some times you gotta be the bigger man, not literally either.

That's probably why he called him out. If this was Shaq or someone like that that made those comments he'd not have said the same thing. :lol:
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#44 » by Kampuchea » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:31 am

KD really hates pale people and also gay people.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#45 » by Sprewell4Three » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:31 pm

How is what KD says homophobic? Michael Rappaport is not gay last time I checked. KDs language is that of teens growing up in the hood. People here get offended with everything these days. The word police is out in full force.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#46 » by Kampuchea » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:57 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:How is what KD says homophobic? Michael Rappaport is not gay last time I checked. KDs language is that of teens growing up in the hood. People here get offended with everything these days. The word police is out in full force.

This is just locker room talk. It's locker room banter and certainly he's not proud of it.
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#47 » by J9Starks3 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:58 pm

If this is actually KD, where is the Myles Leonard type of outrage here... replace everything he said about pasty skinned people and make it about brown skinned people ... replace the slandering of homosexuals with terms like Myles Leonard used about Jewish people... and we’d be talking about a fairly large suspension... honestly, I’d say he should get 1 year, that type of hatred should not be tolerated.

Also Rappaport is the f’n worst, he egged him on on purpose because he knows this gets his name in the spotlight, hes otherwise meaningless... and he better never put on a Knick jersey again because we certainly dont want him!
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#48 » by J9Starks3 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:07 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:How is what KD says homophobic? Michael Rappaport is not gay last time I checked. KDs language is that of teens growing up in the hood. People here get offended with everything these days. The word police is out in full force.

If the person Miles Leonard said to the other player on COD was not Jewish, does it mean what he said was not bigoted?

If Michael Rappaport called a non-black person the N word, does that mean its not bigoted?

The problem here is selected outrage...if the bar is “well the person is not X, therefore its ok” then use that same bar in all cases. Because what I imagine is... the NBA should not be ok with one of their biggest stars throwing out such words that could make a large group of historically attacked people like its nothing. If this is just “locker room talk” ... then the NBA needs to work on that, and essentially ending the career of a white role-player for attacking 1 group, but looking the other way for a black superstar player for attacking a couple of other groups.... that is not setting the right tone for the league
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#49 » by Sprewell4Three » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:19 pm

J9Starks3 wrote:

If the person Miles Leonard said to the other player on COD was not Jewish, does it mean what he said was not bigoted?

If Michael Rappaport called a non-black person the N word, does that mean its not bigoted?

The problem here is selected outrage...if the bar is “well the person is not X, therefore its ok” then use that same bar in all cases. Because what I imagine is... the NBA should not be ok with one of their biggest stars throwing out such words that could make a large group of historically attacked people like its nothing. If this is just “locker room talk” ... then the NBA needs to work on that, and essentially ending the career of a white role-player for attacking 1 group, but looking the other way for a black superstar player for attacking a couple of other groups.... that is not setting the right tone for the league

KD shouldn’t have used that kinda language but to say this is similar to Meyers Leonard is wrong. These discussions are more nuanced then say black or white. Black person using language like this gets taken differently because of the historical circumstances they have gone through in this country. I don’t necessarily think it’s fair but I understand why things get looked at differently depending on the race.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,970

Post#50 » by Capn'O » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:55 pm

DowNY wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lock this up, it was all cap. They have a project together coming out.

I'll be sure to miss it
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks