ImageImageImageImageImage

In a Blockbuster Trade For A Star/Superstar..

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Re: In a Blockbuster Trade For A Star/Superstar.. 

Post#41 » by NewKnicks » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:44 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:They're gonna use all their assets this offseason to attempt to put a star next to RJ and Randle me thinks.

Yeah I would expect that. That or they will try to consolidate and maybe try to move up the draft.

I'm hoping it's the latter. If there is one team out there that's willing to give up a top 5 pick in this draft, trade Randle and few firsts to get there.

I've been pushing this upcoming draft for a long time, and I've seen nothing recently that would change my mind. This will be one of the better drafts in recent memory. There are stars to be had. I wouldn't even mind landing Scottie Barnes at the 6th pick.

If we traded Randle, we would land a potential (really young) all-star to team up with RJ/Mitch/IQ. With that foundation, we'd have a 5-7 year window to build up a championship roster. If one those picks (Suggs? Cade? Green? Mobley?) become a superstar, and RJ becomes a star, now we're getting somewhere.

I love Randle. His play this year has been unbelievable. It's amazing to see what a player can do in regards to improvement from 1 year to the next. Was it Thibs that helped unlock him? Hard to know, but huge kudos to Randle for putting in the work. But there is also a chance he regresses as well. I highly doubt it, but it's possible.

That said, I'm still on the top 5 in the draft train if it's at all possible. Plus, we won't be getting any chances any time soon at getting to top end of the draft either. We're too good to get there in the next 3 years. This is our last chance.
TwitterFingers
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,419

Post#42 » by TwitterFingers » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:07 pm

RJ has a higher celling mainly because of his age, but neither of those guys should be considered untouchable.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,985

Post#43 » by Richard4444 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:19 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:They're gonna use all their assets this offseason to attempt to put a star next to RJ and Randle me thinks.

Yeah I would expect that. That or they will try to consolidate and maybe try to move up the draft.

I'm hoping it's the latter. If there is one team out there that's willing to give up a top 5 pick in this draft, trade Randle and few firsts to get there.

I've been pushing this upcoming draft for a long time, and I've seen nothing recently that would change my mind. This will be one of the better drafts in recent memory. There are stars to be had. I wouldn't even mind landing Scottie Barnes at the 6th pick.

If we traded Randle, we would land a potential (really young) all-star to team up with RJ/Mitch/IQ. With that foundation, we'd have a 5-7 year window to build up a championship roster. If one those picks (Suggs? Cade? Green? Mobley?) become a superstar, and RJ becomes a star, now we're getting somewhere.

I love Randle. His play this year has been unbelievable. It's amazing to see what a player can do in regards to improvement from 1 year to the next. Was it Thibs that helped unlock him? Hard to know, but huge kudos to Randle for putting in the work. But there is also a chance he regresses as well. I highly doubt it, but it's possible.

That said, I'm still on the top 5 in the draft train if it's at all possible. Plus, we won't be getting any chances any time soon at getting to top end of the draft either. We're too good to get there in the next 3 years. This is our last chance.

If we are afraid that Randle might regress, can you imagine all the other teams? He only really worked in Thibs scheme. I suppose our opponents are really unsure about eventual regress (especially in a new system) to really give value in a trade for him.

Besides, I dont see many teams with a great PF need. Especially one who could give many assets (young players and high picks) and have room to pay a max in 2022.

Bucks (Giannis), LAL (AD), GSW (Dray), Denver (Gordon,MPJ), Utah (Bojan), LAC (Morris), Sixers (Tobias), Nets (Durant ,Blake, LAL), Atlanta (Collins, Gallo), Indiana (Sabonis), Toronto (Siakam), Wizards (Rui,Bertans), Portland (Convington,Melo), Memphis (JJJ,Clarke).

The competition would be Miami, Dallas and Boston. I dont know if the first 2 have available picks to trade. Boston is cheap in trades. Maybe Charlotte and Spurs. But I dont know they would rush the rebuilding.

And it's really hard for a team to trade top picks in a really good draft. Besides, Top pick for top pick (Doncic and Tatum), I only recall Wiggins/Love trade lately. The past draft was weak and the supposed price of the Top pocks was astronomic (RJ + Mitch + #8)
It can be even more expensive this year.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#44 » by NewKnicks » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:35 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

If we are afraid that Randle might regress, can you imagine all the other teams? He only really worked in Thibs scheme. I suppose our opponents are really unsure about eventual regress (especially in a new system) to really give value in a trade for him.

Besides, I dont see many teams with a great PF need. Especially one who could give many assets (young players and high picks) and have room to pay a max in 2022.

Bucks (Giannis), LAL (AD), GSW (Dray), Denver (Gordon,MPJ), Utah (Bojan), LAC (Morris), Sixers (Tobias), Nets (Durant ,Blake, LAL), Atlanta (Collins, Gallo), Indiana (Sabonis), Toronto (Siakam), Wizards (Rui,Bertans), Portland (Convington,Melo), Memphis (JJJ,Clarke).

The competition would be Miami, Dallas and Boston. I dont know if the first 2 have available picks to trade. Boston is cheap in trades. Maybe Charlotte and Spurs. But I dont know they would rush the rebuilding.

And it's really hard for a team to trade top picks in a really good draft. Besides, Top pick for top pick (Doncic and Tatum), I only recall Wiggins/Love trade lately. The past draft was weak and the supposed price of the Top pocks was astronomic (RJ + Mitch + #8)
It can be even more expensive this year.

Good post. I agree, I doubt there will be a team that will give up a top 5 pick in this draft. I'm probably living in a fantasy world thinking it could happen. I won't give up the dream though until after the draft happens, and we don't get into the top 5.

I also agree that there really is not a lot of teams looking for a star PF. This is a wing league, and most teams are probably not banging down our door to get Randle. It sucks, but that's probably the reality.

Other teams are probably thinking the same thing about potentially regressing as well. Like you said, Randle has only flourished in a Thibs offense. I'm sure teams are unsure if he can continue what he's done here outside of the Knicks. It is what it is.

I know I'm probably dreaming, but I won't give it up until the draft is over. :lol:
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,650

Post#45 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Knicks aren't getting anyone via trade or FA. No one any good.

Enjoy the fantasy while you can though. Like jacking off, it's mostly harmless.
Don't aim towards the face.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#46 » by NewKnicks » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:08 pm

With the continued improvement/development by RJ, it's looking more and more like the man out might be Randle. But, would the franchise trade a guy that's their first All-Star in forever? If they want to make one of those big moves for one player, he might have to be included.

It will be really interesting to see how this whole thing shakes out as we move forward to the offseason.

Return to New York Knicks