ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire Thibodeau

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,893

Re: Fire Thibodeau 

Post#21 » by DaGawd » Sat Apr 3, 2021 6:54 pm

Thibs is dragging a mostly garbage roster to respectability.. firing him would be the most Knicks thing this franchise has done in awhile
BaF
Washington Wizards
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,314

Post#22 » by Clyde Frazier » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:00 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#23 » by Polk377 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:03 pm

frothbrain wrote:at the end of this season.
Same **** different team.
This guy is not an NBA head coach. His offense is amateurish and his philosophy to overplay his vets over developing youth is a losing formula. His lineups are static, he does not adjust his rotation based off the dynamics of the game.
Knicks need a modern coach that will help develop their youth.
Especially since they are headed for a top 10 lottery pick once this losing streak continues.

STFU & GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,210

Post#24 » by Kampuchea » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:04 pm

I read elsewhere that Thibs has held us back from 10 more wins and I agree. This is a top 3 team without coach holding us back. Don’t know many coaches that can do less with this roster. Rather Fizdale
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#25 » by dakomish23 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:20 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Starting to hate Thibs but rhe answer is not to fire him its get Elfrid OFF THIS **** TEAM.

U wanna fire him and revert to the same PUTRID defense we been seeing for 20 years?

Let's keep some perspective fam

You dream too big.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#26 » by Reign23 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:23 pm

K-DOT wrote:This thread is the Elfrid Payton of threads.

2nd place right behind "is RJ a bust"
formerly known as knickst4pe
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,630

Post#27 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:24 pm

DaGawd wrote:Thibs is dragging a mostly garbage roster to respectability.. firing him would be the most Knicks thing this franchise has done in awhile

Yes, of course. Thibs is going nowhere anytime soon. That said, I think that since I am a Mike Miller fan that it's fair to ask if perhaps we made a mistake by not just sticking with him, the more boring option. We made significant improvement under Miller, who didn't have a training camp or any time with the team before taking it over. Even JVG sung the praises of Miller during the off season before the Knicks honed in on Thibs.

This is all water under the bridge anyhow. We are where we're at.
Free Palestine
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,608

Post#28 » by Gravy » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:27 pm

We deserve this thread, and to have Fizdale back. He would give yall the losses you wanted.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#29 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:44 pm

First significant dip in play, and the Kennystans are out in force.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#30 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:47 pm

Thibs has some issues but he's most of the reason the Knicks are hovering around .500

He and Kenny Payne, if not the least of which by Kenny is that his presence lit a fire under Randle's ass, though to be fair to Randle I think he was motivated no matter what.

The roster mostly blows chunks, and that's on the FO.

I guess in two years during the 2022 FA bonanza, Leon and WWW are going to show their "connections" chops...
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,539

Post#31 » by cgmw » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:50 pm

Honestly, I think Thibs features Elf for the same reason Leon keeps Perry around — they need a fall guy for when the NY crowd inevitably turns “froth brain” angry.

How’s that for advanced analytics?

"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
cooch2584
Sixth Man
And1: 86

Post#32 » by cooch2584 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:53 pm

OP STFU AND GTFOH PLEASE PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD UP
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#33 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:57 pm

You could have any hall of fame coach and not really improve much with this roster. It's all about having the players and lottery luck which this team has been lacking for decades now.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,897

Post#34 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:58 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Starting to hate Thibs but rhe answer is not to fire him its get Elfrid OFF THIS **** TEAM.

U wanna fire him and revert to the same PUTRID defense we been seeing for 20 years?

Let's keep some perspective fam

You dream too big.

Asking a lot i know :D
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,514

Post#35 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Apr 3, 2021 8:01 pm

As much as I despise Thibs's treatment of IQ and his absurd and blatant favoritism toward Payton, he's one of the major reasons the Knicks are overachieving.

With Mitch out (aka Big Bird aka low-key the most valuable player on the team), the Knicks defense just isn't the same.

And the Knicks are left with a lot of below-average starters in their roles:

Payton - worst starting PG in the league and it's not even close
RJ - probably below-average for a starting wing, although in time he'll be an All-Star
Bullock - below-average 3D wing, or right around average
Randle - legit All-Star, but not an upper tier player for his usage
Noel - below-average starting center

Thibs can't work miracles with this roster, although he could get more out of this roster with a different PG rotation.

Mitch's defense and his overall impact goes far too unnoticed.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,336

Post#36 » by rajajackal » Sat Apr 3, 2021 8:24 pm

i'll say this much. bring in a motion offense guru to fill woody's seat. our foundation has been built successfully. these guys are disciplined and willing to learn in order to get better. they're ready for a more sophisticated offense, and can have a lot more fun on that side of the court. guys will be more preoccupied with how tired they are when they're fighting tooth and nail for every bucket. we've established our mettle as a defensive ballclub, but we shouldn't be satisfied until we also have an offensive philosophy like the spurs or warriors do. i imagine leon rose and world wide wes are aiming to construct an organization as elite as any, so i can see them shelling out for another elite assistant
louisorr
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,387

Post#37 » by louisorr » Sat Apr 3, 2021 8:27 pm

Maybe the Thibs timing was too soon, so, sure I ca understand wanting to fire him. But the guy lives and breathes to win basketball games.
He's doing a darn good job as coach. What do you expect when the entire starting lineup is making less than Russel Westbrook.
Of course there's going to be a let down when players are hoping for some reinforcements at the deadline. Honestly our owner is a cheap **** and all owners are.
How about this: if a team is under the cap after the deadline the money should be split up and go to the players, prorated. Why would I run myself into the ground when my cheap owner won't get any help and I'm not going to see some perks.
Team is more likely checked out on Dolan than on Thibs.
louisorr
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by louisorr » Sat Apr 3, 2021 8:31 pm

If you're going to strive to be a treadmill team then act like it. go pay top dollar for Rozier and Zeller and Haywood. and quit yanking my chain
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,913

Post#39 » by god shammgod » Sat Apr 3, 2021 8:41 pm

louisorr wrote:Maybe the Thibs timing was too soon, so, sure I ca understand wanting to fire him. But the guy lives and breathes to win basketball games.
He's doing a darn good job as coach. What do you expect when the entire starting lineup is making less than Russel Westbrook.
Of course there's going to be a let down when players are hoping for some reinforcements at the deadline. Honestly our owner is a cheap **** and all owners are.
How about this: if a team is under the cap after the deadline the money should be split up and go to the players, prorated. Why would I run myself into the ground when my cheap owner won't get any help and I'm not going to see some perks.

actually, that's exactly what happens. all the players get more money from the knicks not signing anyone. the leftover money under the cap gets split amongst them. and i doubt dolan stopped them from making any trades. i don't know where you guys come up with this stuff.
louisorr
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by louisorr » Sat Apr 3, 2021 8:43 pm

god shammgod wrote:
louisorr wrote:Maybe the Thibs timing was too soon, so, sure I ca understand wanting to fire him. But the guy lives and breathes to win basketball games.

actually, that's exactly what happens. all the players get more money from the knicks not signing anyone. the leftover money under the cap gets split amongst them. and i doubt dolan stopped them from making any trades. i don't know where you guys come up with this stuff.

I learned something today...thanks. I'm less angry.

Return to New York Knicks