ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Pistons Firing

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Re: PG: Knicks Pistons Firing 

Post#161 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:02 pm

K dot slacking. Should I make the next game thread and injure some more people :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#162 » by seren » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:06 pm

Thibs should start Rose. If he wants to play Payton, play him with better three point shooters which is essentially the bench. This shouldn’t be that controversial. Rose is a proven veteran. At this point, Payton’s game became a crisis.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#163 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:11 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
i am aware of cisgender. i figured it couldn't be that as the context and spelling did not make sense.

TBH, I had to go look it up now.

I have no skin in the cultural debates on gender, probably because I'm off on the sidelines in cisgender mode myself. AFAIK, you can declare yourself whatever makes you feel right. And it should not affect your civil rights. I think of it as a fundamentally libertarian stance as opposed to having a strong opinion on something I don't have any intrinsic personal connection to.

per Wiki, cisgender was coined in 1998. It seems like a term that is useful for those who are actively engaged in transgender issues as a way to distinguish between sexual identification attitudes.

It does not seem like a useful term to those for whom transgender issues are not relevant or who are not experimenting with their own sexual identity.

that is not what i am asking about. i am asking what reggie bullock meant by "CiS." I know he had a trans sister who was murdered, which certainly explains why he would refer to cisgender more freely than othere. i didn't see anything in that exchange related to gender discussion, so i (like others) am wondering if i missed something.

i am glad you had an opportunity to read up on the term though.

I had not read the whole thread. Did not know his sister was murdered. That's awful.
ImageImageImage
louisorr
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,386

Post#164 » by louisorr » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:26 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
TBH, I had to go look it up now.

I have no skin in the cultural debates on gender, probably because I'm off on the sidelines in cisgender mode myself. AFAIK, you can declare yourself whatever makes you feel right. And it should not affect your civil rights. I think of it as a fundamentally libertarian stance as opposed to having a strong opinion on something I don't have any intrinsic personal connection to.

per Wiki, cisgender was coined in 1998. It seems like a term that is useful for those who are actively engaged in transgender issues as a way to distinguish between sexual identification attitudes.

It does not seem like a useful term to those for whom transgender issues are not relevant or who are not experimenting with their own sexual identity.

that is not what i am asking about. i am asking what reggie bullock meant by "CiS." I know he had a trans sister who was murdered, which certainly explains why he would refer to cisgender more freely than othere. i didn't see anything in that exchange related to gender discussion, so i (like others) am wondering if i missed something.

I had not read the whole thread. Did not know his sister was murdered. That's awful.

Both his sisters were murdered. His older sister (trans) was murdered in a hate crime where the body was unrecognizable and his younger sister was shot in the chest on the streets of Baltimore and walked herself to the hospital where she soon died.
Totally rooting for this guy, can't imagine the heartache.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,614

Post#165 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:29 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:so......"you need to put that cisgender down ?" that can't be it

Confidence Interval(S) ?

https://www.mathsisfun.com/data/confidence-interval.html

Maybe just mispelled something?

Nothing beats this tweet

Read on Twitter
And then he tried to play it off as a regional spelling.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#166 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:50 pm

louisorr wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Both his sisters were murdered. His older sister (trans) was murdered in a hate crime where the body was unrecognizable and his younger sister was shot in the chest on the streets of Baltimore and walked herself to the hospital where she soon died.
Totally rooting for this guy, can't imagine the heartache.

Very sad. Nobody should have to see their family abused and killed by bigots.
ImageImageImage
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,978

Post#167 » by Capn'O » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:26 pm

I am also confused about what Bullock meant by CiS in this context and now feel comfortable talking about it in company.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks