ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Lack fundamentals

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,999

Re: PG: Lack fundamentals 

Post#361 » by god shammgod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:56 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:it's destiny for you to eat oreos

my favorite cookies of all time are cameo cookies. I use to get them at the local corner store when I was a kid. They don't sell them anywhere now.

I think they only sell them in Puerto Rico now and you have to get them on Amazon but they are super expensive. Like $8 a pack but they are FIRE!

i just looked up cameo cookies and they look dry as schit. sorry. :lol:

jesus
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,672

Post#362 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:59 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:it's destiny for you to eat oreos

my favorite cookies of all time are cameo cookies. I use to get them at the local corner store when I was a kid. They don't sell them anywhere now.

I think they only sell them in Puerto Rico now and you have to get them on Amazon but they are super expensive. Like $8 a pack but they are FIRE!

they aren't dry actually that is why they are good. Vienna Fingers are garbage compared to Cameo cookies...they tried to rip them off and failed.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#363 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:00 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

jesus

you know you have a problem when you make statements about cookies by just looking at them :lol:

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,477

Post#364 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:01 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

they aren't dry actually that is why they are good. Vienna Fingers are garbage compared to Cameo cookies...they tried to rip them off and failed.

i feel like they look like rip off golden oreos
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#365 » by NewKnicks » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:01 pm

Neither Julius nor RJ are clutch. They're actually anti-clutch at this point. Burks should be getting the ball in these late game situations.

If I'm Thibs, and I want to win (which I believe that's all he cares about), why not draw up these plays for the one player that has proven he can hit big shots in big moments (Burks)? It must have something to do with Randle in the huddle saying "I'm taking and hitting this shot, coach", and Thibs backing down and allowing it, so he doesn't piss off our all-star.

I think I saw a stat that Randle is 1-7 on big shots at end of games. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but its seems about right. I remember him hitting that big 3 against Philly, but can't think of any others. I could be wrong, though.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,477

Post#366 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:01 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i just looked up cameo cookies and they look dry as schit. sorry. :lol:

jesus

you know you have a problem when you make statements about cookies by just looking at them :lol:

dont we all look at food and judge it by their looks though :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,399

Post#367 » by Zenzibar » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:02 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:]

Durant's game was early on, but besides tonight, we took them to the last shot with Irving AND Harden as well.

We're a good draft and 1 Superstar away from giving the Nets fits for many years.

Did you turn the game off after 4 minutes? Harden didn't play. We aren't getting a good pick because we banked fake covid wins. Welcome to the 2016-19 Orlando Magic.

What I meant was the 1st game, just to correct my post.

Winning trumps losing everyday then dropping 2 positions in the lottery.
Stop All Genocides
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#368 » by god shammgod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:05 pm

Read on Twitter

don't make this poor kid watch us vs the nets in the playoffs. it would be cruel.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,931

Post#369 » by F N 11 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:07 pm

Hopefully RJ keep getting snubbed into a Hall of fame player.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#370 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:09 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i just looked up cameo cookies and they look dry as schit. sorry. :lol:

i feel like they look like rip off golden oreos

Its actually the exact opposite Nabisco basically rebranded Cameo cookies as Golden Oreos but they are not the same and don't come close to them. Cameo's are OG cookies.

ROSTER

rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,349

Post#371 » by rajajackal » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:10 pm

NewKnicks wrote:Neither Julius nor RJ are clutch. They're actually anti-clutch at this point. Burks should be getting the ball in these late game situations.

If I'm Thibs, and I want to win (which I believe that's all he cares about), why not draw up these plays for the one player that has proven he can hit big shots in big moments (Burks)? It must have something to do with Randle in the huddle saying "I'm taking and hitting this shot, coach", and Thibs backing down and allowing it, so he doesn't piss off our all-star.

I think I saw a stat that Randle is 1-7 on big shots at end of games. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but its seems about right. I remember him hitting that big 3 against Philly, but can't think of any others. I could be wrong, though.

randle can take the last shot, but it's either gotta be a strong move to the basket or his new signature baseline jumper. in general i agree, though. randle and rj both hoist up too many low % jumpers late in close games considering both of their strengths are primarily based on being able to muscle into position. it's boneheaded, and that's the most frustrating way to lose
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#372 » by NYKAL » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:11 pm

F N 11 wrote:Lol, I hate Payton but Kyrie is a GOD for that shot. Does that in his sleep. Payton thought it was someone like him shooting.

I fully believe had frank been on Kryries, we win that game. I'm starting to loathe Payton
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#373 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:11 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
jesus

I mean yes...

but this looks dry?

ROSTER

NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#374 » by NewKnicks » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:11 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:You should be directing your hate towards Payton bro

Nope, that's a deflection. Payton isn't the one with the ball in his hands for half our possessions.

It’s not a deflection. We’ve seen Payton freeze out both Randle and RJ multiple times for horrible shots. Everybody sees that. But even still, RJ still gets plenty of opportunities with the ball. I think he’s fine with his role. Wouldn’t put him in a bigger role to struggle.

Anyways I’m bowing out of this cause we been thru this debate all year. All I know is that once Randle gets that extension, I’ve won the war :lol:

We agree on one thing.. Randle is getting that bag. He's not giving any discounts either. I don't agree with should give it to him, but from Randle's perspective, he'll have a serious leg to stand on. He is the 'man' on this team, there is no question about that. He knows it, and his agent knows it.

Randle will ask for and get that max bag. It's the wrong move, but the Knicks will give it to him.
frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#375 » by frothbrain » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:13 pm

Thibodeau legit going to lead this team to the 10th pick with a rotation that includes payton, bullock,noel and taj gibson playing heavy minutes LOL.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,889

Post#376 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:13 pm

Read on Twitter

A lot of negativity in this thread, so I wanted to post something positive
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#377 » by god shammgod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:17 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I mean yes...

but this looks dry?

that shape does make it seem old. they stopped making cookies like that in the 80s.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#378 » by NewKnicks » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:19 pm

All this talk about this competitive year is going to really help the Knicks out as we move forward is a bunch of crap.

Look where getting into the playoffs got the Magic. In the same spot they were before they started. They've dumped everything, and are starting to build all over again.

With this draft being so great, the Knicks made a big mistake adding all the one year vets to scrape out wins and land in the 8-10 seed. It won't help our future at all. It's only going to screw up this franchise even more, because we don't have the ability to land another young stud in the draft.

A game like this should open a lot of more fans eyes. We can't even beat the Nets with only Kyrie on the floor. We are simply not good, and we don't have enough talent to compete. We NEEDED to get back in the top of this draft to get more talented. But no, we decided as a franchise that signing one year rentals and barely scraping the playoffs was the right direction to go. It wasn't, now we're f*cked. Again.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#379 » by NewKnicks » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:20 pm

Davis18 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
nyczlegacy wrote:what's wrong with losing this year? just keep developing rj and we can get cade or suggs next year and reload no need to be angry boys we suck cock this season

classic overachieving leading to delusions of being a real team when we're still trash

The Nets did just fine overachieving and showing that they have a stable intelligent front office. And how well has the Knicks done with their past lottery picks?

Here's a list of all of the Knicks lottery picks since it was introduced in 1985.

2020 - Obi Toppin
2019 - RJ Barrett
2018 - Kevin Knox
2017 - Frank Ntilikina
2015 - Kristaps Porzingis
2009 - Jordan Hill
2008 - Danilo Gallinari
2005 - Channing Frye
2003 - Michael Sweetney
2002 - Nene (traded), they were set to pick Curtis Borchardt if they had kept the pick (yeah "WHO?")
1991 - Greg Anthony
1986 - Kenny Walker
1985 - Patrick Ewing

Ewing became an All-Time great and that's about it. None of the other guys they've drafted in the lottery since it's inception in 1985 has turned out to be better than Julius Randle. Knicks front office? Maybe for a few. But the bottom line is that lottery picks are more miss than hit by far.

We did well with top 5 picks though.
Ewing, Porzingf, RJ.. can't recall where Kenny Walker was picked.
We sucked because we kept missing out on top picks.

That's because the top 5 is always where the talent is stacked. Year after year. You can get lucky and land a stud later, but the top talent is almost always going to be in the top 5. And we had the chance to get there, and we screwed it up royally.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,473

Post#380 » by RHODEY » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:23 pm

rajajackal wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:Neither Julius nor RJ are clutch. They're actually anti-clutch at this point. Burks should be getting the ball in these late game situations.

randle can take the last shot, but it's either gotta be a strong move to the basket or his new signature baseline jumper. in general i agree, though. randle and rj both hoist up too many low % jumpers late in close games considering both of their strengths are primarily based on being able to muscle into position. it's boneheaded, and that's the most frustrating way to lose

He can, but when everybody expects him to do that , is it always the best option? I think Burks should have been that guy last night?

Return to New York Knicks