ImageImageImageImageImage

Quickley Slump

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,704

Re: Quickley Slump 

Post#41 » by F N 11 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:12 pm

After a year under Thibs, he should come back much better. Same for Obi.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,418

Post#42 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:21 pm

RHODEY wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Also, he has no hops whatsoever. He has no ability to finish at the rim. Defenses are now prepared and know when to time his floater without worrying about a burst to the rim.

Frank is more valuable to us right now and should be seeing time on the court. So should Knox.

Reminds me of Haliburton :)

Well this was interesting research. While Haliburton is clearly the better all-around player, according to the stats IQ has better shooting %s closer to the hoop. Both take most of their shots from 3 where Haliburton has the higher shooting % though.

If you could trade IQ for Haliburton, straight up, would you?

Yes, you would. :D
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,916

Post#43 » by blueNorange » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:22 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:iq has been shooting 38-39% all season long lol.

and we also have much better statistics than FG%...which is essentially worthless without knowing what kind of shots you are taking.

i know, that's why i said iq has been shooting the same percentage all season long.

so it's silly to say he's slumping now.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,313

Post#44 » by duetta » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:03 pm

Given the way that his FT shooting has declined, I would subscribe to the tired legs explanation for his downturn. However, that is not to say that he doesn't need to dramatically upgrade his ability to get to the rim. That floater is pretty unreliable as of late, and if he were more capable of breaking down his defender, and going to the hoop, it would dramatically up his offensive effectiveness.

So that's what he has to work on this offseason.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,038

Post#45 » by sol537 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:08 pm

Off-season regimen:

1) Get stronger, more explosive
2) Work on mid-range stop and pops (everything doesn't have to be a floater)
3) Get 3-point shooting efficiency to 40%

He's a worker... he'll get there. 6th 7th man type next season.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,552

Post#46 » by KnixtapeH20 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:12 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Also, he has no hops whatsoever. He has no ability to finish at the rim. Defenses are now prepared and know when to time his floater without worrying about a burst to the rim.

Frank is more valuable to us right now and should be seeing time on the court. So should Knox.

Idk about that wingo. He yammed it a few months back on the fast break. Didn't know it was coming but was good to see. He's not a high flyer but he can jump
NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 968

Post#47 » by NowWHYcee7 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:20 pm

He’s a good player and a steal as a late pick but y’all were overhyping him. His game is based around chucking up 3’s and fishing for fouls. Problem is he doesn’t have elite speed or ball handling to round out his game. When he’s hot he’s fun to watch though, and he has a lot of time to improve.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,285

Post#48 » by Zenzibar » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:39 pm

Reign23 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:iq is not getting the minutes anymore to shoot his way out of a bad performance. he often started slow but came alive in the 2nd half. against the nets he got 4 shots and 12 minutes. he's getting treated like obi now.

since the team has been back to 100% healthy thibs basically has went vets and RJ...thats it...the 9th and 10th guys in his rotation our IQ and Obi. Those are the facts.

And its sad. Its not surprising...but its sad.

but most of the users in here are happy with it. 8th seed and swept in the first round above everything else.

No, no, no.

Let's repeat again. It's the 9/10th seed, the play-in, lose and back to the lottery.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#49 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:42 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:

Idk about that wingo. He yammed it a few months back on the fast break. Didn't know it was coming but was good to see. He's not a high flyer but he can jump

A breakaway dunk is one thing. I'm talking about he drives into the lane. Maybe it just looks like that because he has no clue how to keep his dribble a little bit more ... like Rose and Payton do. That way he can draw the contact and hit the shot.
Free Palestine
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#50 » by Fat » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:40 pm

Not worried about quickly at all he’s had a solid rookie year.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,552

Post#51 » by KnixtapeH20 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:24 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

A breakaway dunk is one thing. I'm talking about he drives into the lane. Maybe it just looks like that because he has no clue how to keep his dribble a little bit more ... like Rose and Payton do. That way he can draw the contact and hit the shot.

Yea I hear what you're saying, he needs that extra dribble or two to set himself. He always seems off balance either from trying to draw the foul or release the floater any second. Never seen a og in my life not display a layup. That's the nunber one part of your game u learn growing up in the hood. I say that bc u need to be able to take it to the rack, not let it fly like the NBA.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#52 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:29 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Idk about that wingo. He yammed it a few months back on the fast break. Didn't know it was coming but was good to see. He's not a high flyer but he can jump

Yea I hear what you're saying, he needs that extra dribble or two to set himself. He always seems off balance either from trying to draw the foul or release the floater any second. Never seen a og in my life not display a layup. That's the nunber one part of your game u learn growing up in the hood. I say that bc u need to be able to take it to the rack, not let it fly like the NBA.

:beer:
Free Palestine
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,277

Post#53 » by RHODEY » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:30 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Reminds me of Haliburton :)

Well this was interesting research. While Haliburton is clearly the better all-around player, according to the stats IQ has better shooting %s closer to the hoop. Both take most of their shots from 3 where Haliburton has the higher shooting % though.

If you could trade IQ for Haliburton, straight up, would you?

Yes, you would. :D

Nah I'd trade coaches to get IQ minutes. :)

Return to New York Knicks