ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades & Transactions

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Trades & Transactions 

Post#1 » by El Poochio » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:01 pm

RealGM Wiretap
DeMar DeRozan To Take 'Wide Open' Approach To Free Agency
APR 7, 2021 2:43 PM

World Wide Wes reference?

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Re: Trades & Transactions 

Post#2 » by seren » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:09 pm

All we need is another guard who can't shoot
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#3 » by cgmw » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:16 pm

seren wrote:All we need is another guard who can't shoot

Also a highly paid veteran center who can’t shoot.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,806

Post#4 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:19 pm

El Poochio wrote:RealGM Wiretap
DeMar DeRozan To Take 'Wide Open' Approach To Free Agency
APR 7, 2021 2:43 PM

World Wide Wes reference?

No, it's a Goatse reference.
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#5 » by Jimmit79 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:25 pm

Knicks love those non shooter no pg highly aged star players.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
El Poochio

Post#6 » by El Poochio » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:57 pm

RealGM Wiretap
Kawhi Leonard 'Widely Expected' To Re-Sign With Clippers
APR 7, 2021 2:32 PM

Omg another World Wide Wes reference

El Poochio

Post#7 » by El Poochio » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:58 pm

I would suggest you to have a "wide" view of things

TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Post#8 » by TBri1974 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:58 pm

Derozan has too much redundancy w/RJ and would limit his development (and probably be a bad fit with Randle). Now having said that, he's extremely talented and still likely to produce at a high level for at least 1-2 more years. Don't think he's great for this team, but nothing bad to say about him.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#9 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:59 pm

derozan wouldn't be the worst option. he's better than oladipo. he'll probably play the jimmy butler role for thibs here. i would avoid him though and hold on to that cap space for lavine or perhaps a better, younger disgruntled star that wants out of his team.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,177

Post#10 » by Kampuchea » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:00 pm

I’m more open to this idea with RJ and Randle able to hit the 3 now. I just want a starting PG that can shoot with or without Derozan
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#11 » by Jimmit79 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:22 pm

Kampuchea wrote:I’m more open to this idea with RJ and Randle able to hit the 3 now. I just want a starting PG that can shoot with or without Derozan
I think Knicks would be smart to wait another year and see if Randle and RJ are for real or just fluke season due to covid.

Nbabrothers
Senior
And1: 203

Post#12 » by Nbabrothers » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:07 pm

The Knicks currently don’t have a closer proven in the most recent two point losses. As much as I like Randle and RJ, they both don’t have a go to jump shot during clutch time. Besides a point guard search this coming off season, we need to sign or draft marksmen from three point range who can also shoot the midrange jumper.
Knowing Thibs, if we draft a clutch player he will be riding the bench so our only hope is to sign a free agent who fits the bill. They, meaning two of them, can be veterans at the end of their careers who can still catch and shoot with consistency.
I see Demar Derozan is going to test the waters, but I’m not too high on him because hid three point percentage is atrocious.
Now John Collins looks very promising!
Mike Conley looks good as well and we could place him on point.
Forget Oladipo, but Chris Paul looks intriguing.
Nbabrothers
Senior

Post#13 » by Nbabrothers » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:11 pm

Of course we can go all in on Lonzo Ball. 14.5ppg, 4.2rpg, 5.2ast, 1.3stl, 42.8%FG (HORRIBLE) but 38.7 from three point range. I would still look for a point guard in the draft.
Nbabrothers
Senior

Post#14 » by Nbabrothers » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:14 pm

We should jump all over Norman Powell! Shooting 48.8fg and 43.8threes.
Nbabrothers
Senior

Post#15 » by Nbabrothers » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:16 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:I’m more open to this idea with RJ and Randle able to hit the 3 now. I just want a starting PG that can shoot with or without Derozan
I think Knicks would be smart to wait another year and see if Randle and RJ are for real or just fluke season due to covid.

We should look to draft a pg. Lonzo fg% is horrible, but his threes are prettty good.
Still would draft a pg and a center. Not saying Mitchell can’t be our center but if we have the chance to pick the best player available and it’s a center then we do it.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#16 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:13 pm

Ball Powell Collins (only if you get the backcourt fixed)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#17 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:53 pm

Knowing Perry he''s going after Drummond.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#18 » by seren » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:39 am

We should look at Europe. Season is over there. OKC just signed a guy from Real Madrid on a three year contract. Not sure who is good but we still have cap space. We could get someone decent.
TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Post#19 » by TBri1974 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:59 am

Collins makes no sense here unless you are packaging Mitch with our two 1st rounders to move into the top 3 (unlikely in such a strong draft). While we should definitely draft BPA - even if that means bigs - in free agency we need a starting PG and a strong 3 and D type wing.

In terms of trades I am higher on Barnes than most - but not willing to give up much more than cap space to get him - and would potentially accept Hield if he came attached to draft capital or youth. I am not crazy about Hield, but I see how his skill set is similar to what we need. I am undecided on Ball.

I don't think we're close enough to look at big contracts for Paul or Conley. Both nice players, but don't fit our timeline. Same goes for Lowry - whom (right now) I probably like more than either of those guys. I won't be surprised if we start next year with Rose at starting PG on a 1+1 TO contract, with Quickly and a draft PG backing him up (perhaps with Burks still on the roster as well); however if we do, that probably means we haven't improved enough through free agency.

I wouldn't be against Boston sending us Walker if he is attached to a young player and a 1st rounder - can be lottery protected. I see where Boston needs to move on from that contract, and I think we could absorb him for two years. I don't think his career is over, but it would not be a move I would push for.

I am higher on Graham than many, and could see throwing him a contract that is 3 years 24 million (3rd year being a Team Option).If Indiana truly goes into rebuild mode, I would be all over Brogdon if we can get him in a reasonable trade. Something like the two Dallas picks plus cap space; but he might command much more (as those picks won't be especially high).
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,913

Post#20 » by Richard4444 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:47 am

TBri1974 wrote:Collins makes no sense here unless you are packaging Mitch with our two 1st rounders to move into the top 3 (unlikely in such a strong draft). While we should definitely draft BPA - even if that means bigs - in free agency we need a starting PG and a strong 3 and D type wing.

In terms of trades I am higher on Barnes than most - but not willing to give up much more than cap space to get him - and would potentially accept Hield if he came attached to draft capital or youth. I am not crazy about Hield, but I see how his skill set is similar to what we need. I am undecided on Ball.

I don't think we're close enough to look at big contracts for Paul or Conley. Both nice players, but don't fit our timeline. Same goes for Lowry - whom (right now) I probably like more than either of those guys. I won't be surprised if we start next year with Rose at starting PG on a 1+1 TO contract, with Quickly and a draft PG backing him up (perhaps with Burks still on the roster as well); however if we do, that probably means we haven't improved enough through free agency.

I wouldn't be against Boston sending us Walker if he is attached to a young player and a 1st rounder - can be lottery protected. I see where Boston needs to move on from that contract, and I think we could absorb him for two years. I don't think his career is over, but it would not be a move I would push for.

I am higher on Graham than many, and could see throwing him a contract that is 3 years 24 million (3rd year being a Team Option).If Indiana truly goes into rebuild mode, I would be all over Brogdon if we can get him in a reasonable trade. Something like the two Dallas picks plus cap space; but he might command much more (as those picks won't be especially high).

1) I cant view Collins as a Center (undersized and bad at defense). I think its not make sense if the plan is to keep Randle.

2) BPA is such an abstractive and subjective concept. I only would draft a big if it was a really obvious BPA situation. Is there any consensus big in Top 25 players besides Mobley (who we dont have a shot)? Kai Jones, Isaiah Jackson, and Alpere Sengun can be BPA in our draft position?

3) Barnes is having a great season. And his decrescent salary is now cheap. The Kings is improving and he is a keeper. No way we get him cheap.

4) I don't see the Kings dumping Hield after letting Bogdan go. They are financially comfortable with taxes and they are not an attractive destination in FA.

5) I would not be opposed to getting a vet PG (CP3, Lowry or Conley) for one season. Especially if we ran out of young PG options.

6) Boston would barely get any cap space dumping Kemba. Ainge hates bad deals.

7) Graham will be much more expensive than 24/3 (8m/y). I think he will cost 12-15M/y. But I can be optimistic. He is a good name. But he is an RFA. He will be matched. We can consider a sign and trade because they already have LaMello and Rozier.

8) Brogdon is a really good name. But he would be expensive and kind of risky considering he is kind of injury-prone.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven

Return to New York Knicks