ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades & Transactions

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Re: Trades & Transactions 

Post#21 » by NYG » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:54 am

I’m warming up to giving a big 2 year deal to CP3 and having Leon Rose negotiate it through back channels so he opts out of his deal in Phoenix.

If we could dump Knox’ salary, we could sign CP3, keep our own and the Mavs picks, keep the cap holds of Burks, Bullock and Rose, plus our cap MLE with Toppin, Randle, Quickley, Robinson and Barrett. With what level Paul would bring Quickley/Randle/Robinson/Barrett to that is a really good team if we hit on those picks and can get a reliable veteran center with the cap MLE to bring Robinson back slowly.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#22 » by seren » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:42 am

Graham looks like a good fit. I haven't watched the dude at all but he seems to be taking many threes and making them. He is going to the line more than Ball as well.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,903

Post#23 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:10 am

NYG wrote:I’m warming up to giving a big 2 year deal to CP3 and having Leon Rose negotiate it through back channels so he opts out of his deal in Phoenix.

If we could dump Knox’ salary, we could sign CP3, keep our own and the Mavs picks, keep the cap holds of Burks, Bullock and Rose, plus our cap MLE with Toppin, Randle, Quickley, Robinson and Barrett. With what level Paul would bring Quickley/Randle/Robinson/Barrett to that is a really good team if we hit on those picks and can get a reliable veteran center with the cap MLE to bring Robinson back slowly.

**** YES. Been wanting CP3 for idk how many years now. Always been one of my favorite players. We'd finally see some catch and shoot and guys set up properly and put in the best position possible.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,635

Post#24 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:48 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
NYG wrote:I’m warming up to giving a big 2 year deal to CP3 and having Leon Rose negotiate it through back channels so he opts out of his deal in Phoenix.

**** YES. Been wanting CP3 for idk how many years now. Always been one of my favorite players. We'd finally see some catch and shoot and guys set up properly and put in the best position possible.

The Suns are 36-15 and Paul wants to leave them to come here?
Free Palestine
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#25 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:00 am

I think Conley would be an amazing addition

hes old and all that but hes super skilled and it woudl be amazing to see him in Thib's defense

Obviously someone like Jru Holiday is perfect for us but hes not available so ...
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#26 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:52 am

I wonder if DeRozan could be our point guard. I could see this as playing to his strengths and it might be the change he needs to capitalize on his absurd talent. He'd create more drives and possibly open looks for others than Lonzo ever could.

Of course I'm not advocating it as I would prefer to sign a younger PG a la FVV last year. What's more, he isn't coming here. But I really love his game.

Speaking of free agency, we've really missed out on Jerami Grant and FVV who would've been incredible fits here.

FVV
RJ
Grant
Randle
Mitch
Montmorencie
Rookie
And1: 827

Post#27 » by Montmorencie » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:50 am

I don't know why are you so obsessed with the 'shooting' point guard. I'd rather have someone that can dribble penetrate and make a good out of iso plays even for 2 points late into the games. We've lost so many games within 2-3 points range, Its crazy. And in these possessions no one will be leaving our shooting god wide opened.

Demar has the exact profile we need but he is a famous choker so we shouldn't be looking at him.
TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Post#28 » by TBri1974 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 11:03 am

I think CP3 doesn't make sense for this team, I would have taken him on the bad contract with an asset - and we would have gotten the amazing deal Pheonix did - but I am not willing to throw big money at him. We are not a CP3 away from being a championship contender.

I don't think of Brogdan as injury prone. I think him and Jerian Grant - who in my opinion doesn't fit Detroit's timeline - make sense as potential trade targets.

I think people are 'obsessed' with shooting point guards because RJ is our dribble penetrate guy, and actually so is Randle. We don't need another dribble penetrator, we need a leader who can play defense, distribute and hit the outside shot. That is what fits our current makeup.

I like Rose but if he's not starting here, I am not sure we resign him. Not because he wouldn't resign, but because Quickly is likely our first PG off the bench next year and Rose would be too expensive to be a 3rd PG. I like Graham, but not at more than 8-10 per. He basically rode the bench this year on a mediocre Charlotte team. I like Ball, but not for more than 18 per year, and NO probably matches that. I actually think we draft a PG and go into next year w/Rose/Quickly/1st rounder, but let's see. Maybe I will be surprised.
Signature NYK
Sixth Man
And1: 554

Post#29 » by Signature NYK » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:27 pm

Realistic but quality offseason

Sign Lonzo - 3&D PG who can run a fast break and set people up on offense. Lacks dribble penetration but can catch and shoot and is big for his position will be rough on opposing pgs and has the size to switch

Sign Derozan - Wing scorer we currently lack in crunch time situations. Still a quality defender and can be the dribble penetrator we need to kick start the offense. Can rely on his consistency

Sign Kelly Olynk - Can defend and spread the floor from the 5 position.

Draft Davion Mitchell - Kid is marcus smart with an elite jumper and better vision. Actually drives with either hand and can freaking shoot. Needs to work on his ft's tho.

Bring back Rose and Burks Noel

Zo/Rose/IQ
Demar/Davion/IQ
RJ/Demar/Burks
Randle/Obi/Knox (lol)
Mitch/KellyO/Noel

Thats at least 10 players that can legit contribute. Defense would be stout and offensively we wouldn't be inept. Not a perfect fit but still better than what we have now. Can see a quality playoff run as RJ continues to progress as a scorer and leader.

Would kill our 2021 chance at a big name FA unless Derozan's deal is a 1+1 or something or we decide to trade him or randle
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,988

Post#30 » by Richard4444 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:53 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

From a competition standpoint, it does not make sense. But from a persona, familiar, business, and personal relationships point of view it might work.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#31 » by Richard4444 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:00 pm

Montmorencie wrote:I don't know why are you so obsessed with the 'shooting' point guard. I'd rather have someone that can dribble penetrate and make a good out of iso plays even for 2 points late into the games. We've lost so many games within 2-3 points range, Its crazy. And in these possessions no one will be leaving our shooting god wide opened.

Demar has the exact profile we need but he is a famous choker so we shouldn't be looking at him.

Because we are fragile against teams that play zone defense (very good against drivers).

We play with a Center that doesn't stretch the floor, Randle and RJ that are good shooters only when relatively open, and Bullock who does not excel shotting out of the dribble.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#32 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:03 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

I mean I'm not saying it happens just expressing the euphoric emotions that this man brings lol. but I also wouldn't be surprised if he does. We changed the culture, we have good young some talent, it is New York, he'd run the entire show.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#33 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:08 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:**** YES. Been wanting CP3 for idk how many years now. Always been one of my favorite players. We'd finally see some catch and shoot and guys set up properly and put in the best position possible.

I mean I'm not saying it happens just expressing the euphoric emotions that this man brings lol. but I also wouldn't be surprised if he does. We changed the culture, we have good young some talent, it is New York, he'd run the entire show.

Well, if it's euphoria we're seeking, we should meet up in the NYC and hook up with Angryfatboy for a night.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#34 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:09 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:**** YES. Been wanting CP3 for idk how many years now. Always been one of my favorite players. We'd finally see some catch and shoot and guys set up properly and put in the best position possible.

From a competition standpoint, it does not make sense. But from a persona, familiar, business, and personal relationships point of view it might work.

Maybe, but CP3 is all about winning a ring not branding himself
Free Palestine
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#35 » by Richard4444 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:12 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

He could have a wife and kids that want to live in NYC. He can have friends in New York. He might hate Arizona.

I don't believe he will come. But I don't discard the possibility.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#36 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 10:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Well, if it's euphoria we're seeking, we should meet up in the NYC and hook up with Angryfatboy for a night.

:lol:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,256

Post#37 » by DOT » Fri Apr 9, 2021 11:15 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

He could have a wife and kids that want to live in NYC. He can have friends in New York. He might hate Arizona.

I don't believe he will come. But I don't discard the possibility.

He has a player option for 44 million next year

He's not turning that down for less than a 3 or 4 year max contract, and even then, he still might not.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#38 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:05 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

That whining bitch doesn't have what it takes.
Trademarkk
Senior
And1: 246

Post#39 » by Trademarkk » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:17 pm

Wonder if Garland or Sexton become available if Cleveland decides to draft another guard. That would be an ideal trade to improve the PG position. I’ll be rooting for them to win the lottery if we’re left out.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,599

Post#40 » by El Poochio » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:23 pm

Flaming Mo Wagner as 3rd string stretch big?

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell

Return to New York Knicks