ImageImageImageImageImage

Brunson or Ball

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Brunson or Ball?

Brunson
61%
Balll
39%

Total votes: 97

Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,634

Re: Brunson or Ball 

Post#21 » by Buttah304 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 11:34 pm

Luka will make anybody look good. I like Brunson but he’s starting to get unbelievably overrated.

He’s quite literally the Patty Mills of Point Guards. Pass.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,438

Post#22 » by RHODEY » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:45 am

Fat Kat wrote:
TKKnicks1 wrote:Brunson hasn't shown hes special at doing anything. Hes playing nearly 26 minutes a game. Lonzo is a much better distributor and got a lot more upside.

He’s elite at the rim, a better shooter than Lonzo and can actually penetrate. Lonzo isn’t even a true point guard.

Yeah Ive been watching Brunson and that kid can really ball, I'd love to have him.
TwitterFingers
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,419

Post#23 » by TwitterFingers » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:01 am

Lonzo is better on defense and Brunson is short and has 6”3 wingspan, but I think Brunson is a better offensive player and more of an impact player. He’s a couple of years older than Lonzo though, Both players are restricted and I think both will matched.
RShahNyC89
Junior
And1: 404

Post#24 » by RShahNyC89 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:44 am

Neither move the needle...Bro they can't win with Zion + Ingram with Ball and others in NOLA. All of a sudden he's going to elevate this team up another level?

We are so far away from the upper echelon of talent in the league it's not even funny and everytime someone with talent tries to beat us it's a wrap.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#25 » by nedleeds » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:59 pm

Close, really the health issues both have had are most concerning. Either guy would make a nice 3rd guard or spot starter on a good team. Either pair really well with a guy like Luka, a pint forward who can let them spot and focus on defense.

How we couldn't get Brunson for KP is humiliating. Ending up with the Pistons sewage for DSJs corpse is so embarrassing.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,401

Post#26 » by robillionaire » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:23 pm

RShahNyC89 wrote:Neither move the needle...Bro they can't win with Zion + Ingram with Ball and others in NOLA. All of a sudden he's going to elevate this team up another level?

We are so far away from the upper echelon of talent in the league it's not even funny and everytime someone with talent tries to beat us it's a wrap.

We move the needle every time elfrid payton isn’t in the game anymore so I disagree that replacing him with a very good starting PG wouldn’t move the needle for us. It wouldn’t solve all our problems but we simply need a reliable cornerstone PG
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#27 » by robillionaire » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:25 pm

To answer the question though I’d take Lonzo. I like brunson but see him more as a backup or a lower tier starter, still a huge upgrade for us but I think Lonzo is better as I would view him as an average starter with some upside
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#28 » by Nostrand Ave » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:28 pm

A 6'1 point guard? I'm not sure about that.
frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#29 » by frothbrain » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:38 pm

Brunson is a combo guard
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,438

Post#30 » by RHODEY » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:59 pm

robillionaire wrote:To answer the question though I’d take Lonzo. I like brunson but see him more as a backup or a lower tier starter, still a huge upgrade for us but I think Lonzo is better as I would view him as an average starter with some upside

Like like Brunson's attacking style , I love Lonzo's passing , defense and 3pt shooting. I wish we could combine them into one player.
Montmorencie
Rookie
And1: 827

Post#31 » by Montmorencie » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:28 pm

I'm 100% sure that at least 50% of the people googled Brunson. So yeah, trick question alert.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#32 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:57 pm

Capn'O wrote:
SmoothLefty21 wrote:Windhorst reported that Dallas views Brunson as untouchable (try not to spit out your water) so we can lock this thread.

I saw that. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, Lonzo will be the better player and we need better players.

Let me fix that quickly: We need even better players.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,863

Post#33 » by 8516knicks » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:00 pm

Brunson. Way cheaper. Won't deter us getting a top draft pick PG or FA and can then slide to Top 2nd unit or spot starter if we do. Long term stability and no character issues.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#34 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:02 pm

robillionaire wrote:
RShahNyC89 wrote:Neither move the needle...Bro they can't win with Zion + Ingram with Ball and others in NOLA. All of a sudden he's going to elevate this team up another level?

We move the needle every time elfrid payton isn’t in the game anymore so I disagree that replacing him with a very good starting PG wouldn’t move the needle for us. It wouldn’t solve all our problems but we simply need a reliable cornerstone PG

That's why you don't look at those very limited players. People were against signing FVV last year, who ultimately is twice the player those two are. It's ridiculous. The fact that there's no obvious choice available yet doesn't make bad options good.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,031

Post#35 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:12 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
SmoothLefty21 wrote:Windhorst reported that Dallas views Brunson as untouchable (try not to spit out your water) so we can lock this thread.

I saw that. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, Lonzo will be the better player and we need better players.

Let me fix that quickly: We need even better players.

Well then the answer is neither if we can acquire a guard like that. ⁶
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#36 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:20 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

That's why you don't look at those very limited players. People were against signing FVV last year, who ultimately is twice the player those two are. It's ridiculous. The fact that there's no obvious choice available yet doesn't make bad options good.

Well that brings up another elephant in the room which is that nobody wants to come here. Fans could have been in full agreement about signing FVV and that wouldn’t have made him want to take Dolan’s money and play for the Knicks, at the end of the day it wasn’t really an option. The players actually willing to come here might be a more limited pool than we want to admit
RealGM
And1: 39,213

Post#37 » by 2010 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:26 am

The last PG the Mavs felt this way about was Roddy Beaubois. :lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#38 » by BKlutch » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:25 pm

blueNorange wrote:lol brunson is a backup that's starting because they have nobody else and also luka makes people look good

check out thj.

Excuse me, but I'd rather not. :falloff:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,065

Post#39 » by Jeffrey » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Go after Lonzo, pay the man his money (not max) but enough for New Orleans to say goodbye.

We need a distributor and someone can space out for Randle and RJ. Ball is that and he is young (which a lot of you guys like).
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#40 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:47 pm

Jeffrey wrote:Go after Lonzo, pay the man his money (not max) but enough for New Orleans to say goodbye.

We need a distributor and someone can space out for Randle and RJ. Ball is that and he is young (which a lot of you guys like).

The Pelicans will wait a full week, all the other semi-decent free agents will sign somewhere else, and then they will match. Then we bring back Payton. This is the way.

Return to New York Knicks