ImageImageImageImageImage

Brunson or Ball

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Brunson or Ball?

Brunson
61%
Balll
39%

Total votes: 97

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,436

Re: Brunson or Ball 

Post#41 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:49 pm

2010 wrote:
SmoothLefty21 wrote:Windhorst reported that Dallas views Brunson as untouchable (try not to spit out your water) so we can lock this thread.

The last PG the Mavs felt this way about was Roddy Beaubois. :lol:

well I guess they never traded him either

I'm tired of trading with dallas they're the only team who ever trades with us and it keeps getting us stuck with the likes of jose calderon and dennis brick jr
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#42 » by NewKnicks » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:57 pm

snadler wrote:We know Ball is a better player, but would you rather pay Brunson about 10-12 mil per or ball 20 plus million a year? They are both RFA that will probably both hit the open market

I think Brunson will be asking for more than that. Not saying he's worth it, but there are slim pickins out there. A team might just throw a big bag at him to make the Mavs match.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#43 » by NewKnicks » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:59 pm

blueNorange wrote:lol brunson is a backup that's starting because they have nobody else and also luka makes people look good

check out thj.

Brunson has proven that's he's a pretty damn good player. You must not have watched him a lot. I would love to have him as our starting PG. He's so crafty with the ball, and would be a great distributor for RJ/Randle/Mitch/IQ.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#44 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:31 pm

robillionaire wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
We move the needle every time elfrid payton isn’t in the game anymore so I disagree that replacing him with a very good starting PG wouldn’t move the needle for us. It wouldn’t solve all our problems but we simply need a reliable cornerstone PG

That's why you don't look at those very limited players. People were against signing FVV last year, who ultimately is twice the player those two are. It's ridiculous. The fact that there's no obvious choice available yet doesn't make bad options good.

Well that brings up another elephant in the room which is that nobody wants to come here. Fans could have been in full agreement about signing FVV and that wouldn’t have made him want to take Dolan’s money and play for the Knicks, at the end of the day it wasn’t really an option. The players actually willing to come here might be a more limited pool than we want to admit
Which is why we have to change our perception.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#45 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:55 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:That's why you don't look at those very limited players. People were against signing FVV last year, who ultimately is twice the player those two are. It's ridiculous. The fact that there's no obvious choice available yet doesn't make bad options good.

Well that brings up another elephant in the room which is that nobody wants to come here. Fans could have been in full agreement about signing FVV and that wouldn’t have made him want to take Dolan’s money and play for the Knicks, at the end of the day it wasn’t really an option. The players actually willing to come here might be a more limited pool than we want to admit
Which is why we have to change our perception.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

Yep, pretty much.

People aren't going to want to hear this but we should have Durant Kyrie and Harden right now. Stars finally wanted to come to New York and they chose to go to the team nobody cares about because ONE YEAR they went friggin 42-40 and the Knicks have been dysfunctional in comparison. It should be us pushing for the championship right now, those guys should be wearing knicks jerseys but aren't because of james dolan's incompetence for 20 years. So we've missed out on a once in a generation opportunity. One of these days stars will once again want to come to New York and if we can't put forth an illusion of competence by then they'll just keep going to the Nets. Nobody cares about the history of this team in the 1970s. No current NBA player remembers when the Knicks were good. We have been a trash team for their entire lives. We are the 1990s LA Clippers
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#46 » by Nostrand Ave » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:19 am

Knicks fans still want Ball? He looks like he still needs 3 more years to develop into something. Because as of right now, his shot is suspect, his IQ is suspect, his defense is ok, his passing is ok. Nothing about him wows me. His biggest problem is heart. I want Payton off my team but he has a boatload more heart than Lonzo.
sik it abi
Junior
And1: 248

Post#47 » by sik it abi » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:32 am

I would rather pay the amount of money either of these guys would command for mansanto or someone to come up with some kinda youth serum for d rose
Documenting NYC Basketball courts, one at a time instagram.com/cem.salur
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,403

Post#48 » by Zenzibar » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:47 am

[*]
robillionaire wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Go after Lonzo, pay the man his money (not max) but enough for New Orleans to say goodbye.

We need a distributor and someone can space out for Randle and RJ. Ball is that and he is young (which a lot of you guys like).

The Pelicans will wait a full week, all the other semi-decent free agents will sign somewhere else, and then they will match. Then we bring back Payton. This is the way.

Except Stans practically called Lonza an idiot today and I'm sure that's not going to sit well in the locker room. Even though Bledsloe was suppose to foul Rose, and not allow his to drive and Ball reacted.

Doubt the Pels pay Lonzo $20m per to play for a coach who doesn't seem to like him. If Ball would sign for less, say give him what we offered Randle, then we should take a development look.
Stop All Genocides
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,488

Post#49 » by Synciere » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:48 am

Ball.

I’m not letting one game dictate his value. What he’s done all year makes the case.

He’s not a max guy, but we can do worse.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,748

Post#50 » by aggo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 am

Ball is really nothing more than an upgraded Elfrid in terms of impact.

Does he suck less? yes
is he a difference maker as your third best player? NO.

Brunson can atleast score
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,114

Post#51 » by blueNorange » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:55 am

settling for brunson is like settling for duhon, let backups be backups.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#52 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:55 am

Zenzibar wrote:[*]
robillionaire wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Go after Lonzo, pay the man his money (not max) but enough for New Orleans to say goodbye.

We need a distributor and someone can space out for Randle and RJ. Ball is that and he is young (which a lot of you guys like).

The Pelicans will wait a full week, all the other semi-decent free agents will sign somewhere else, and then they will match. Then we bring back Payton. This is the way.

Except Stans practically called Lonza an idiot today and I'm sure that's not going to sit well in the locker room. Even though Bledsloe was suppose to foul Rose, and not allow his to drive and Ball reacted.

Doubt the Pels pay Lonzo $20m per to play for a coach who doesn't seem to like him. If Ball would sign for less, say give him what we offered Randle, then we should take a development look.

I agree actually. It’s starting to look to me like he wants out and doesn’t like SVG and is upset about losing reps to Bledsoe. They might not match him and we might even get a bargain, that is if the Knicks want him. I’m aware he had a bad game today so this won’t be a popular opinion. But I still think as far as potential to break out he’d be our top option
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,403

Post#53 » by Zenzibar » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:04 am

robillionaire wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:[*]
robillionaire wrote:

I agree actually. It’s starting to look to me like he wants out and doesn’t like SVG and is upset about losing reps to Bledsoe. They might not match him and we might even get a bargain, that is if the Knicks want him. I’m aware he had a bad game today so this won’t be a popular opinion. But I still think as far as potential to break out he’d be our top option

He's had a tough start with Lebron in LA as a rookie and then tossed in the AD trade.

If smart, Lonzo should sign here at a bargain because it would do wonders for his career to play for this coaching staff.
Stop All Genocides
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#54 » by BugginOut » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:31 am

Just get Lowry on a two year deal and call it a day. We can make our real free agent splash in 2022.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,334

Post#55 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:49 am

aggo wrote:Ball is really nothing more than an upgraded Elfrid in terms of impact.

Does he suck less? yes
is he a difference maker as your third best player? NO.

Brunson can atleast score

Brunson isn't a free agent, we'd have to wait until 2022 to get a chance at him, ie. more Elfrid Payton.
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,940

Post#56 » by knickabocker88 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:53 am

Lonzo - you put the right environment around him & you might get a Julius Randle type improvement.

LAL -> NOP -> NYK

Pelicans effed up when they gave Ingram that contract.

Pelicans wont match if the Knicks slightly overpay
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 821

Post#57 » by KOA » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:17 am

Neither is worth the money they're looking for.
I'd rather get Lowry/Conley on a short-term deal and then use one of our 2 first round picks to get a decent PG prospect.
Ayo Dosunmu, Miles McBride, and Jared Butler are all strong prospects and at least 1 of them should be available.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,693

Post#58 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:12 am

Neither.

Brogdan
Free Palestine
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,071

Post#59 » by Jeffrey » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:42 am

Who are the available PGs this offseason?

Lonzo (RFA)
Brunson
Gragic
Paul
Lowry
Conley

For trade:
Westbrook?
Rubio?
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#60 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:45 am

Jeffrey wrote:Who are the available PGs this offseason?

Lonzo (RFA)
Brunson
Gragic
Paul
Lowry
Conley

For trade:
Westbrook?
Rubio?

...Payton

Return to New York Knicks