ImageImageImageImageImage

It's RJ's Team Now.. Step Aside, Julius

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Re: It's RJ's Team Now.. Step Aside, Julius 

Post#41 » by NewKnicks » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:17 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:So Ja or RJ?

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

Can it be both?

A lot people bash Ja and it's nor fair. If we're giving RJ time to put it together, than Ja also gets the same time. They both are looking like really good players moving forward.
You were all superhype on Ja and down on RJ before, saying he had no superstar qualities.

Now you're all hype after one game.

So .... yeah.

As I stated in my original post, I was down on RJ. But the past few weeks to a month he's really grown. It's not just one game.

That's why I'm now on the fence between the two. There's no doubt Ja still has superstar potential, but RJ is coming on fast.

I don't have a problem saying when I'm wrong on a player. Especially a Knicks player. Even a few weeks ago I would have taken Ja over RJ, but RJ has unlocked a killer instinct I did not know he had in him.

All that said, I'd be happy with either player.

Also, I stated in another post that I created this thread to get some good reactions. Which then produces good conversation. I know I was over the top in this post.

Just because I said this is RJ's team, doesn't mean I think he's a number 1. Far from it. On the Knicks roster, he can be the man. On other teams who have a 1 and 2, he would be the third dog, or maybe a second number 2. If that makes sense. :lol:

With the way RJ is playing, I'd love to see him paired with a true #1, and a good/great PG. We need to find both of those players.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#42 » by NewKnicks » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:24 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
Can it be both?

A lot people bash Ja and it's nor fair. If we're giving RJ time to put it together, than Ja also gets the same time. They both are looking like really good players moving forward.
You were all superhype on Ja and down on RJ before, saying he had no superstar qualities.

Now you're all hype after one game.

So .... yeah.

Pay no mind to that silly ass hypocrite. Dude was **** on obi too. Yet Ja needs more time lol. There's nothing glorious about Knicks fans **** on their own fan base for supporting their own. But anyway, I agree RJ is the future. Randle is an all-star but he's not as dynamic or efficient. More importantly, his IQ is not on that level. RJ has that mentality.

Obi was and is still a bust/bum/scrub/waste of a lottery pick. Prove me wrong.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#43 » by NewKnicks » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:28 pm

DaGawd wrote:What is this fan bases obsession with putting 2 of our own players against each other?

I had a feeling this comment would come..

I'm not pitting them against each other. I'm simply stating that teams usually have an alpha dog, and all this time it's been Randle. But RJ is showing signs that that dynamic might be changing fast.

I like both players, but RJ is showing he might take this team over, and soon. Randle will need to continue to adjust to this situation, which I think he will.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#44 » by NewKnicks » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:31 pm

Fury wrote:
DaGawd wrote:What is this fan bases obsession with putting 2 of our own players against each other?

Yep, close this thread

What's wrong with sparking some heated discussion? Seriously? We're at three pages now. This is a good subject and it's fun to speculate about what's coming down the road with our team.

Also, I think this thread will be really fun to keep around as RJ continues to grow and improve, and how his play relates to Randle moving forward. Will we trade Randle? Will we ultimately decide to build around RJ? Will we empty the asset bag for another star? These questions will be based on RJ and Randle's play moving forward.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,446

Post#45 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:41 pm

Randle is one of the main reasons RJ has developed positively imo. he's taken a lot of the pressure off him, and not only that he finds him open for a lot of his catch and shoot 3s. RJ isn't shooting 3s off the dribble or anything he's getting a lot of these open opportunities created for him and oftentimes it's by Randle. If we take the ball out of Randle's hands and start asking RJ to create his own opportunities his efficiency would probably drop like a rock
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#46 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:03 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
Fury wrote:

Yep, close this thread

What's wrong with sparking some heated discussion? Seriously? We're at three pages now. This is a good subject and it's fun to speculate about what's coming down the road with our team.
Hyperbolic sensationalism isn't good conversation. It's the same thing we complain about with ESPN. You can address issues with a much more even keel.

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,446

Post#47 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:07 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
Fury wrote:
Yep, close this thread

Hyperbolic sensationalism isn't good conversation

but that's what we do here :lol:
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by NewKnicks » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:12 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
Fury wrote:
Yep, close this thread

Hyperbolic sensationalism isn't good conversation. It's the same thing we complain about with ESPN. You can address issues with a much more even keel.

Why are you here commenting on this thread then?
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#49 » by NewKnicks » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:16 pm

robillionaire wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
Hyperbolic sensationalism isn't good conversation

but that's what we do here :lol:

Exactly!! That's what makes this board so entertaining. :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,498

Post#50 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:46 pm

Horrible thread. Would rate it 0/10. Knicks finally have two young studs and some people wanna put them against each other :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#51 » by NewKnicks » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:48 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

Horrible thread. Would rate it 0/10. Knicks finally have two young studs and some people wanna put them against each other :lol:

Nope. I already said I'm not pitting them together. Don't come in here and post if you don't like it Melo.

You need to check yourself as well.

Here was your post a little over a year ago.

3ToHeadMelo: "I’m down. Obi is nice and has more potential than Mitch. If we can’t get Wiseman then I wouldn’t mind trading down for Obi. Obi kinda a sleeper in this draft and probably got the most potential out of all the players in the draft after Wiseman. "

I can post a lot more just like this, if you'd like.

I'd rate your post as a negative 10 out of 1-10.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,009

Post#52 » by Fury » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:03 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
Fury wrote:

Yep, close this thread

Also, I think this thread will be really fun to keep around as RJ continues to grow and improve, and how his play relates to Randle moving forward. Will we trade Randle? Will we ultimately decide to build around RJ? Will we empty the asset bag for another star? These questions will be based on RJ and Randle's play moving forward.

Sparking heated discussion over irrelevant nonsense isn’t fun. It just brings out the worst of this fanbase. Both dudes are on the same team. That’s enough.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#53 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:09 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Nope. I already said I'm not pitting them together. Don't come in here and post if you don't like it Melo.

3ToHeadMelo: "I’m down. Obi is nice and has more potential than Mitch. If we can’t get Wiseman then I wouldn’t mind trading down for Obi. Obi kinda a sleeper in this draft and probably got the most potential out of all the players in the draft after Wiseman. "

You know you’re mad when you’re deflecting to wiseman :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#54 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:11 pm

Fury wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
Fury wrote:
Yep, close this thread

Sparking heated discussion over irrelevant nonsense isn’t fun. It just brings out the worst of this fanbase. Both dudes are on the same team. That’s enough.

Facts
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#55 » by NewKnicks » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Fury wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
Fury wrote:
Yep, close this thread

I was bored and started this thread. There are 100's more for you to read. I don't see the big deal.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#56 » by NewKnicks » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Horrible thread. Would rate it 0/10. Knicks finally have two young studs and some people wanna put them against each other :lol:

You made the post, not me. "Obi has the most potential out of all the players in the draft after Wiseman. "

Good call, Melo! :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#57 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:17 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:

You made the post, not me. "Obi has the most potential out of all the players in the draft after Wiseman. "

Good call, Melo! :lol:

At least I’m not a previously banned poster making horrible threads and wants the Knicks to draft yet another big man who can’t shoot aka Scottie Barnes. I see you big mad that nobody is feeling your garbage thread :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#58 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:26 pm

Thanks for exposing yourself btw. Now we know for a fact that you’ve been here before and got banned. Only someone who has been here for a long time would remember something I posted over a year ago. Mods you know what to. :lol:
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,964

Post#59 » by cgf » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:40 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
cgf wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
Yeah, you're probably right.

It's not like that is a bad thing. Having Randle to play off of has been huge for RJ's growth...like it has been for most kids that have shared the court with Julius this season.

No doubt it's been such a great thing to have Julius with his production this year and mentoring RJ and others.

A big issue coming relatively soon is whether we max him or not, and how that will affect his trade value. In my view, he's not worth the max, but I think the Knicks will basically be forced to do it. After he signs that contract, will teams want to take on his salary? That's also going to come into play if we don't move Randle relatively soon.

Same issue coming with Mitch, too. Obviously not a max contract, but I think he'll look to get paid. We might be okay though considering he seems to be injury prone.

What will the Knicks do? That's the billion dollar question.

That could be an issue, but I'm not in a rush to worry about it. That extra year on his current contract gives us plenty of evaluation time and most of the ways next season could play out, lead to pretty straightforward answers to this question. I.e. if Julius builds on this year and improves even further next season, then problem solved, he's worth more than the max. If his 3ball evaporates and he stops looking for his teammates, then he definitely wouldn't be worth the max.

If he regresses a bit, but solidifies himself at an Allstar level; then I would hope for a compromise between his current salary and the max...which could become tricky if he's deadset on the max and willing to leave both Thibs & the NY market, rather than compromise. But that's why the FO should start holding preliminary talks with Julius' agents, well before we reach the tipping point, so I'll worry about burning that bridge when we've crossed it.

...assuming that Julius won't be game for being waived this summer, collecting the 4M that is guaranteed to him for next season as an unofficial bonus, and then signing a plunging-salary deal around 3 years 75-80M or 4 years 105-115 that gives him security & a raise this summer, and lets us solidify some of what we are building while trying to maintain some of our future cap flexibility.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,708

Post#60 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:45 pm

This thread

Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks