ImageImageImageImageImage

I think that this was the game where Obi turned his season around

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,098

Re: I think that this was the game where Obi turned his season around 

Post#101 » by Juco24 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:43 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:At least Obi is marginally better than Frank and much better than Knox

I really had high expectations for Knox this year... imo his defense is just as bad now as it was during his rookie season. And it's awareness

Compare Knox's improvement to Randle's, RJ's, and Bullocks's. This means, next year he won't improve, either.

We didn't sign Shittu because, well, Knox can be that.

Lol, I see what you did there... good one!
Gorilla Monsoon
Senior
And1: 1,744

Post#102 » by Gorilla Monsoon » Mon May 10, 2021 11:50 pm

I remember when RJ was a bust, too. And when Randle was trash and needed to be traded... because we drafted Obi LOL.

I remember when Mitch was too foul prone, or when Noel was frail and one dimensional, or when Bullock was a bum, and when Rose was coming in to take minutes from Quickley and derail our rebuild.

Remember when Thibs had no idea how to set a rotation or develop young players?

When will Knicks fans stop trying to predict the future? When will we stop overanalyzing things to the point of no return?

As crazy as it sounds- how about we finally give the entire franchise the benefit of the doubt, and let them continue to execute their plan. The Knicks are clearly onto something here.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,559

Post#103 » by KnixtapeH20 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:04 am

Gorilla Monsoon wrote:I remember when RJ was a bust, too. And when Randle was trash and needed to be traded... because we drafted Obi LOL.

I remember when Mitch was too foul prone, or when Noel was frail and one dimensional, or when Bullock was a bum, and when Rose was coming in to take minutes from Quickley and derail our rebuild.

Remember when Thibs had no idea how to set a rotation or develop young players?

When will Knicks fans stop trying to predict the future? When will we stop overanalyzing things to the point of no return?

As crazy as it sounds- how about we finally give the entire franchise the benefit of the doubt, and let them continue to execute their plan. The Knicks are clearly onto something here.

Slayin em with facts.

Some flaws in there but overall they deserve the benefit of the doubt from top to bottom.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#104 » by bearadonisdna » Tue May 11, 2021 12:59 am

Everybody gonna look better with good point guard play. Congrats Obi and his emergence now can go a long ways and better now than earlier in the season , for this playoff run
Twisted
Junior
And1: 73

Post#105 » by Twisted » Tue May 11, 2021 5:08 pm

Gorilla Monsoon wrote:When will Knicks fans stop trying to predict the future?

Making predictions is the one way that sports fans can showcase some type of developed skill from all the time they spend watching sports.

So that will always be a thing, and often people will want to declare they were right as soon as possible, with draft picks being a prime source for that.

What it comes down to is that a reasonable amount of patience is needed.
Don't get it Twisted.
Gorilla Monsoon
Senior
And1: 1,744

Post#106 » by Gorilla Monsoon » Wed May 12, 2021 12:38 am

Twisted wrote:
Gorilla Monsoon wrote:When will Knicks fans stop trying to predict the future?

Making predictions is the one way that sports fans can showcase some type of developed skill from all the time they spend watching sports.

So that will always be a thing, and often people will want to declare they were right as soon as possible, with draft picks being a prime source for that.

What it comes down to is that a reasonable amount of patience is needed.

You're right. It's the game within the game for a lot of fans, and that's fine. I guess I could just let them have their fun. My prediction is that Obi will be fine, and that the Knicks are going to be a great team this decade.

Return to New York Knicks