ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Raps PG

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Re: Knicks Raps PG 

Post#221 » by FKF » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:29 pm

this team has taken a leap forward.

I know the Raptors lost lots of games this year, and they don't ahve Kawhi/Gasol anymore. But Lowry/Siakam are are still champs and these Knicks had them foil

It feels great to be .500 again and even better that we're doing so against Toronto despite a 15-40 run that these Knicks overcame.

RJ is a future all-star, I hope he's a healthy Knick for the next 15 years. We're set at 2 guard folks.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
snadler
Head Coach
And1: 7,943

Post#222 » by snadler » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:33 pm

Should have the Knicks front office trusted Thibs more this summer and gone much harder after FVV?? You'd think that with the way this team is playing they are a legit playmaker away from being a top 4 seed in the East?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,891

Post#223 » by DaGawd » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:35 pm

FKF wrote:this team has taken a leap forward.

I know the Raptors lost lots of games this year, and they don't ahve Kawhi/Gasol anymore. But Lowry/Siakam are are still champs and these Knicks had them foil

It feels great to be .500 again and even better that we're doing so against Toronto despite a 15-40 run that these Knicks overcame.

RJ is a future all-star, I hope he's a healthy Knick for the next 15 years. We're set at 2 guard folks.

RJ is really more of a 3 who should maybe even play some spot 4 but yeah he’s a long term piece
BaF
Washington Wizards
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,650

Post#224 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:38 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:My issue w/ this team is that at best we're an 8 seed that gets bounced in the 1st. other than that, we're relegated to the way back of the lottery w/ minuscule chance at drafting a star talent

where's the improvement going to come from?
Either keep watching to find out or bandwagon an established team. There are no guarantees here, but you have picks, space and trades to get it done besides internal growth.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
snadler
Head Coach
And1: 7,943

Post#225 » by snadler » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:40 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:My issue w/ this team is that at best we're an 8 seed that gets bounced in the 1st. other than that, we're relegated to the way back of the lottery w/ minuscule chance at drafting a star talent

Either keep watching to find out or bandwagon an established team. There are no guarantees here, but you have picks, space and trades to get it done besides internal growth.

It's funny, it's gone from this team won't win twenty games to now at best it's an 8th seed, how soon we forget than nobody had this team .500 this late in the year, and then complaining about it just being an 8th seed..
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,033

Post#226 » by GONYK » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:I just want someone to interview Jason Concepcion and have the courage to say that Desktop sucked.

He's aggressively unfunny. Anti-humor.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,650

Post#227 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:46 pm

matchman wrote:There was once a time that ppl considered Siakam is the max player. Wow what has really happened to him.
He was never that good. And then lockdown he didn't practice at all and now he's forced to carry the weight as a number one guy and he is crumbling under it.

DaGawd
RealGM

Post#228 » by DaGawd » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:47 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:

This. I mean it’s not like this is some veteran heavy team whose just barely sneaky in to the playoffs. It’s largely made up of youngsters who will be here long term with vets sprinkled in the way it should be. Those vets will be replaced for younger and better counterparts along the way but you don’t have to tank your way to an all youth line up. It doesn’t work that way
BaF
Washington Wizards
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,209

Post#229 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Keith smart and David fizdale should be banned from the nba!!!!!!

Thank god Steve Mills is gone!!!!!!
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,375

Post#230 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:05 pm

DaGawd wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:

This. I mean it’s not like this is some veteran heavy team whose just barely sneaky in to the playoffs. It’s largely made up of youngsters who will be here long term with vets sprinkled in the way it should be. Those vets will be replaced for younger and better counterparts along the way but you don’t have to tank your way to an all youth line up. It doesn’t work that way

Yeah I think it's actually easy to imagine "where's the improvement going to come from" when we don't have any real albatross contracts and tons of cap space and flexibility, plus all our picks, plus additional picks. So we aren't a bottom 5 team in the NBA and won't get a top pick. What have good teams done to improve? They didn't start missing the playoffs on purpose. Beyond that there are plenty of great draft steals in the mid 1st round throughout history. the bucks were picking 15th when they took Giannis, you think they were sad on missing the Anthony Bennett/Victor Oladipo, Otto Porter, Cody Zeller, Alex Len top 5 sweepstakes? The Spurs got Kawhi 15th. The world isn't ending guys
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,537

Post#231 » by cgmw » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:08 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Steve Mills is not gone. He got bumped upstairs to the Board of Directors.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#232 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:11 pm

cgmw wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Steve Mills is not gone. He got bumped upstairs to the Board of Directors.

He no longer runs the Knicks so in my eyes he’s gone!!!!

This is Leon and www’s show!!!!!
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,538

Post#233 » by mpharris36 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:13 pm

Capn'O wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Let Barrett shoot at the end of games they said. Bwahaha.

Ant man can say that because he's better than RJ.

Have fun picking another losing player in the lotto. Two #1 picks and a #2 and the Wolves still SUCK.

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,223

Post#234 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:15 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
DowNY wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, I’m done hearing from other people about ceilings and projections. Just enjoy the ride. Idk why people (especially Knick fans) love to temper excitement with their own personal takes for the future. “He can be a good 3rd” “he can be a 2 at best”. Give me lotto numbers or shut up. As if Knick fans, of all basketball fans, would know what it looks like to develop a star.

Just built up years of disappointment basically. About 20+ years. How many years we been screaming Knicks are back! Players echoing it to the league. Been embarrassing for how long now yet we still rep NY till we die and will fight anyone who try and clown us. We die hard fam. Most of us was built for this team, started from the city. **** in our roots.

No need to project ceilings when a 20 year is evolving at a consistent rate in real time. He could be a # 1 or a # 2 on a contender and neither target is relevant. What matters is RJ has many skills and the mind and heart of a champion. The only thing that matters is getter better players next to him.

And some people just can't think straight anyway. Kahwi is not the most fleet of foot or out-quicking the rest of the league. Larry Bird was not quicksilver in the least. Those guys are legends because they think on their feet and employ misdirection and change of pace to outfox their defenders, just like RJ is already doing.
ImageImageImage
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#235 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Culture baby!!!!

CULTURE!!!!!!!!!!
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#236 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:30 pm

Reign23 wrote:
snadler wrote:Game thread Burks and Noel receive so much hate, need to be reminded there’s a reason they were available on 1 year deals, even though both players have helped this year tremendously..RJ is slow he lacks explosion, need to be reminded that he’s 20 and he’s already a star..

why the heck does Noel receive hate? he is an insane rim protector. We have some serious decision to make on Mitch's contract. (not kidding).

He's a very good shot blocker, but that's not equivalent to being a very good rim protector. Mitch is better at sealing off the paint from penetrators. Guys dribble South and literally dribble away when they see Mitch step out of the box towards them. He simply has more defensive gravity and range in the paint than Noel.

And Noel has stone hands. Mitch set the all-time FG% record last year and that counts for something. It rachets up the teams offensive efficiency significantly when a guy scores so effectively on our misses. Our second chance shots goes down with Noel.

Not dumping on Noel. I appreciate what he has done for the team and think he should stay if affordable. But there really is a big gap between him and Mitch.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#237 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:32 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Culture baby!!!!

CULTURE!!!!!!!!!!

and Fizdale thought RJ was a starphucking prima donna. What a tool
ImageImageImage
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#238 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:44 pm

:P
robillionaire wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:Either keep watching to find out or bandwagon an established team. There are no guarantees here, but you have picks, space and trades to get it done besides internal growth.

Yeah I think it's actually easy to imagine "where's the improvement going to come from" when we don't have any real albatross contracts and tons of cap space and flexibility, plus all our picks, plus additional picks. So we aren't a bottom 5 team in the NBA and won't get a top pick. What have good teams done to improve? They didn't start missing the playoffs on purpose. Beyond that there are plenty of great draft steals in the mid 1st round throughout history. the bucks were picking 15th when they took Giannis, you think they were sad on missing the Anthony Bennett/Victor Oladipo, Otto Porter, Cody Zeller, Alex Len top 5 sweepstakes? The Spurs got Kawhi 15th. The world isn't ending guys

Over the past 11 years, between picks 15-20, only 3/66 players have turned into all-stars = 4.5%

And my worry is that other Eastern conference teams will land the top talents and pass us. It’s not like we’re a top seed, we’re an 8 seed at best so our playoff spot is tenuous

What happens if the Raptors land Cade or Mobley? Have to imagine their future becomes much brighter
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#239 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:46 pm

snadler wrote:Should have the Knicks front office trusted Thibs more this summer and gone much harder after FVV?? You'd think that with the way this team is playing they are a legit playmaker away from being a top 4 seed in the East?

If I remember correctly FVVs FA was pretty much a shut door case. Idk that he was really open to be woohed, he had a strong desire to return but yeah.....he would've made so much sense.
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#240 » by DaGawd » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:48 pm

knickstape4ever wrote::P
robillionaire wrote:
DaGawd wrote:This. I mean it’s not like this is some veteran heavy team whose just barely sneaky in to the playoffs. It’s largely made up of youngsters who will be here long term with vets sprinkled in the way it should be. Those vets will be replaced for younger and better counterparts along the way but you don’t have to tank your way to an all youth line up. It doesn’t work that way

Over the past 11 years, between picks 15-20, only 3/66 players have turned into all-stars = 4.5%

And my worry is that other Eastern conference teams will land the top talents and pass us. It’s not like we’re a top seed, we’re an 8 seed at best so our playoff spot is tenuous

What happens if the Raptors land Cade or Mobley? Have to imagine their future becomes much brighter

Most of the other eastern conference teams in serious contention for the prizes in this draft really need it.. they’re trash teams or very poorly constructed. If the raptors get hone of them? That’s cool. Why are we worried about whose behind us like our own players can’t get better. RJ and Randle are both young enough that likely haven’t yet seen their best production yet. Saw for Quickley, Mitch etc. We have plenty of room to grow internally and with FA, trades, picks etc
BaF
Washington Wizards

Return to New York Knicks