ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Raps PG

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Re: Knicks Raps PG 

Post#241 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:55 pm

knickstape4ever wrote::P
robillionaire wrote:
DaGawd wrote:This. I mean it’s not like this is some veteran heavy team whose just barely sneaky in to the playoffs. It’s largely made up of youngsters who will be here long term with vets sprinkled in the way it should be. Those vets will be replaced for younger and better counterparts along the way but you don’t have to tank your way to an all youth line up. It doesn’t work that way

Yeah I think it's actually easy to imagine "where's the improvement going to come from" when we don't have any real albatross contracts and tons of cap space and flexibility, plus all our picks, plus additional picks. So we aren't a bottom 5 team in the NBA and won't get a top pick. What have good teams done to improve? They didn't start missing the playoffs on purpose. Beyond that there are plenty of great draft steals in the mid 1st round throughout history. the bucks were picking 15th when they took Giannis, you think they were sad on missing the Anthony Bennett/Victor Oladipo, Otto Porter, Cody Zeller, Alex Len top 5 sweepstakes? The Spurs got Kawhi 15th. The world isn't ending guys

Over the past 11 years, between picks 15-20, only 3/66 players have turned into all-stars = 4.5%

And my worry is that other Eastern conference teams will land the top talents and pass us. It’s not like we’re a top seed, we’re an 8 seed at best so our playoff spot is tenuous

What happens if the Raptors land Cade or Mobley? Have to imagine their future becomes much brighter

I think you're right but I don't know that it's the end of the road and for us, at least with the draft it might be a good thing. The Knicks are lousy at drafting in the lotto. When they need an nba ready player they grab sobering who needs 4 yrs to get going. When they need high potential they find average to below average players. In some ways drafting in the teens doesn't give you any visions of grandeur. You have no expectation to find your next star and more of an expectation to find a player that fits your culture.

As far as FA I don't even know that this yr has a franchise saving player anyway. But again we have a culture and way we play. I think the Knicks should approach it like a football team does. I mean if they wanna make some smaller signings for guys with potential be my guest but know your team flaws and strengths and do a needs based search.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,549

Post#242 » by Gravy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:56 pm

robillionaire wrote:
DaGawd wrote:This. I mean it’s not like this is some veteran heavy team whose just barely sneaky in to the playoffs. It’s largely made up of youngsters who will be here long term with vets sprinkled in the way it should be. Those vets will be replaced for younger and better counterparts along the way but you don’t have to tank your way to an all youth line up. It doesn’t work that way

Yeah I think it's actually easy to imagine "where's the improvement going to come from" when we don't have any real albatross contracts and tons of cap space and flexibility, plus all our picks, plus additional picks. So we aren't a bottom 5 team in the NBA and won't get a top pick. What have good teams done to improve? They didn't start missing the playoffs on purpose. Beyond that there are plenty of great draft steals in the mid 1st round throughout history. the bucks were picking 15th when they took Giannis, you think they were sad on missing the Anthony Bennett/Victor Oladipo, Otto Porter, Cody Zeller, Alex Len top 5 sweepstakes? The Spurs got Kawhi 15th. The world isn't ending guys

Over the past 11 years, between picks 15-20, only 3/66 players have turned into all-stars = 4.5%

And my worry is that other Eastern conference teams will land the top talents and pass us. It’s not like we’re a top seed, we’re an 8 seed at best so our playoff spot is tenuous

What happens if the Raptors land Cade or Mobley? Have to imagine their future becomes much brighter

This draft is funny, it went from its one of the deepest of all time to the top 7 are franchise players to only the top 5 are good to only Cade and someone else is good. If our picks are this worthless we should get rid of them for a can of soda while we can.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#243 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:59 pm

DaGawd wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Most of the other eastern conference teams in serious contention for the prizes in this draft really need it.. they’re trash teams or very poorly constructed. If the raptors get hone of them? That’s cool. Why are we worried about whose behind us like our own players can’t get better. RJ and Randle are both young enough that likely haven’t yet seen their best production yet. Saw for Quickley, Mitch etc. We have plenty of room to grow internally and with FA, trades, picks etc

Franchise-changing talents like there likely are in this draft can completely turn the tides for some of these teams

RJ will continue to get better. Have never doubted him. Not sure about Julius tho

We’ve overachieved this season, winning largely on effort rather than talent during an abnormal season (covid, schedule, etc) and are barely an 8 seed

What happens if we miss the playoffs? How is this season much different than others if when we overachieve we still can’t make it?
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,639

Post#244 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:59 pm

robillionaire wrote:

If the Raptors land Cade they improve maybe to where the Knicks are now. They are not a Cade Cunningham from a second championship.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#245 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:02 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Most of the other eastern conference teams in serious contention for the prizes in this draft really need it.. they’re trash teams or very poorly constructed. If the raptors get hone of them? That’s cool. Why are we worried about whose behind us like our own players can’t get better. RJ and Randle are both young enough that likely haven’t yet seen their best production yet. Saw for Quickley, Mitch etc. We have plenty of room to grow internally and with FA, trades, picks etc

Franchise-changing talents like there likely are in this draft can completely turn the tides for some of these teams

RJ will continue to get better. Have never doubted him. Not sure about Julius tho

We’ve overachieved this season, winning largely on effort rather than talent during an abnormal season (covid, schedule, etc) and are barely an 8 seed

What happens if we miss the playoffs? How is this season much different than others if when we overachieve we still can’t make it?
If we miss the playoffs we draft in the lottery.

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,867

Post#246 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Gravy wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

This draft is funny, it went from its one of the deepest of all time to the top 7 are franchise players to only the top 5 are good to only Cade and someone else is good. If our picks are this worthless we should get rid of them for a can of soda while we can.

Fanta Orange if possible please
ImageImageImage
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,549

Post#247 » by Gravy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:10 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Gravy wrote:

Fanta Orange if possible please

I used to like cream soda, but its been a while
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#248 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:14 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Culture baby!!!!

CULTURE!!!!!!!!!!

and Fizdale thought RJ was a starphucking prima donna. What a tool

Says all you need to know about Fiz's eye for talent and general basketball IQ when a guy, in Thibs, who everyone knows is absolutely maniacal about practice habits and players actually putting time in says what he says about RJ's approach and Fiz's thoughts on the kid were fueled by what I can only imagine was some form of jealousy because he was a top tier prospect who went to a blue blood school :crazy:

Trying to figure out what Fiz was actually trying to accomplish as Knicks coach should be a requirement for a high level PHD because I have yet to figure out what the eff he actually did or what kind of general basketball and development philosophy he had :lol:

It takes some serious ineptitude to be the worst Knicks coach of the post 20th century Knicks and I think Fiz might take the title.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Post#249 » by Clyde Frazier » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Glockner is yet another one of these supposed knick fans who will go out of their way to paint a negative picture. It's so dumb.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,596

Post#250 » by Capn'O » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:44 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Culture baby!!!!

CULTURE!!!!!!!!!!

Look at how quickly the perception changed and we're not even REALLY winning yet. Winning cures all.

Same thing happened under Woody but we didn't have $$$ and picks then. These next few years are a real opportunity to take a leap forward using all tools available under the cap.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#251 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Culture baby!!!!

CULTURE!!!!!!!!!!

Says all you need to know about Fiz's eye for talent and general basketball IQ when a guy, in Thibs, who everyone knows is absolutely maniacal about practice habits and players actually putting time in says what he says about RJ's approach and Fiz's thoughts on the kid were fueled by what I can only imagine was some form of jealousy because he was a top tier prospect who went to a blue blood school :crazy:

Trying to figure out what Fiz was actually trying to accomplish as Knicks coach should be a requirement for a high level PHD because I have yet to figure out what the eff he actually did or what kind of general basketball and development philosophy he had :lol:

It takes some serious ineptitude to be the worst Knicks coach of the post 20th century Knicks and I think Fiz might take the title.

If you sent Fizdale back in time 90 years he'd be in a zoot suit dealing loose joints outside the Cotton Club
ImageImageImage
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#252 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:59 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Glockner is yet another one of these supposed knick fans who will go out of their way to paint a negative picture. It's so dumb.

Same idiot who said he would take 5 players (or somewhere in that range) on the Kings over RJ lmao.

I love that with this new regime and, specifically Thibs and the new development staff, that we can have confidence that we can prove idiot know it alls like Glockner wrong consistently.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#253 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:06 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

If the Raptors land Cade they improve maybe to where the Knicks are now. They are not a Cade Cunningham from a second championship.

Disagree

Raptors would be better IMO

Let’s not forget, Toronto has had a rough season between covid and living in a different country

We also played them last night without FVV and OG
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#254 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:17 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:

Disagree

Raptors would be better IMO

Let’s not forget, Toronto has had a rough season between covid and living in a different country

We also played them last night without FVV and OG
And we played without Mitch or a good PG.

Add those two hypothetical to the mix since you're hypothetically adding Cunningham to the Raptors.

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#255 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:21 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

If you sent Fizdale back in time 90 years he'd be in a zoot suit dealing loose joints outside the Cotton Club

well damn.

Spoiler:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#256 » by Oscirus » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:21 pm

Did I just read that fitz and co. which was supposed to be the developmental coaching staff **** up RJ's shooting form so much that it had to be **** again? That previous front office was not very good.

Oh the game was fine and all but it legit feels like the knicks are fading. If we wouldve won those three games we def shouldve won id def feel better about our playoff chances.

That being said, only three things I care about this season. 1. Rj iq ad Obis development. 2. Staying competitive 3. winning that lottery somehow.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#257 » by bigfnjoe96 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:24 pm

BULLY.....

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#258 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:27 pm

Oscirus wrote:Did I just read that fitz and co. which was supposed to be the developmental coaching staff **** up RJ's shooting form so much that it had to be **** again? That previous front office was not very good.

Oh the game was fine and all but it legit feels like the knicks are fading. If we wouldve won those three games we def shouldve won id def feel better about our playoff chances.

That being said, only three things I care about this season. 1. Rj iq ad Obis development. 2. Staying competitive 3. winning that lottery somehow.

What I saw last night was crisp ball movement. Sure, we gave up the lead, but I expect that most games for various reasons. What I thought was different last night was guys looking for each other. There were more hockey assist passes in one game than I recall for most of this season. Something shifted among the players for that to happen. Anyway, if we're going to the playoffs, the only way to compete against superior teams is with defense and ball movement and we can do both of those now since we do have outside shooting.

We're really a PG away from fuxxing with whomever we meet in the playoffs. Plus, we're not deep (or Thibs' rotations are too short).
ImageImageImage
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#259 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:29 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Did I just read that fitz and co. which was supposed to be the developmental coaching staff **** up RJ's shooting form so much that it had to be **** again? That previous front office was not very good.

What I saw last night was crisp ball movement. Sure, we gave up the lead, but I expect that most games for various reasons. What I thought was different last night was guys looking for each other. There were more hockey assist passes in one game than I recall for most of this season. Something shifted among the players for that to happen. Anyway, if we're going to the playoffs, the only way to compete against superior teams is with defense and ball movement and we can do both of those now since we do have outside shooting.

We're really a PG away from fuxxing with whomever we meet in the playoffs. Plus, we're not deep (or Thibs' rotations are too short).

we are at our best when that ball is moving.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#260 » by blueNorange » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:29 pm

how many games are left?

rj has a ts% of .538 overall, it'd be great if he ends the season at .550%
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.

Return to New York Knicks