ImageImageImageImageImage

Anthony Edward is forgiven.. Knicks league perception is changing folks!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,902

Anthony Edward is forgiven.. Knicks league perception is changing folks! 

Post#1 » by DaGawd » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:30 pm

“If you give effort, you got great defense,’’ Edwards said. “If you watch New York night in and night out, they don’t have great single defenders. Whatever their defensive game plan is, that’s great. They play great defense as a team at all times. I love watching them play defense. I feel they’re the best defensive team in the league. They play hard. They take you out of your stuff and pressure you.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/04/11/anthony-edwards-praise-of-knicks-speaks-volumes/amp/

Pretty cool to see a young kid say this without being asked about it. Just wanted to make this a thread cause I’m not sure most have seen these comments
BaF
Washington Wizards
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,518

Re: Anthony Edward is forgiven.. Knicks league perception is changing folks! 

Post#2 » by NYKnickerbocker » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:34 pm

DaGawd wrote:
“If you give effort, you got great defense,’’ Edwards said. “If you watch New York night in and night out, they don’t have great single defenders. Whatever their defensive game plan is, that’s great. They play great defense as a team at all times. I love watching them play defense. I feel they’re the best defensive team in the league. They play hard. They take you out of your stuff and pressure you.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/04/11/anthony-edwards-praise-of-knicks-speaks-volumes/amp/

Pretty cool to see a young kid say this without being asked about it. Just wanted to make this a thread cause I’m not sure most have seen these comments
he just knows RJ is finna cook him next year. Tryna build up good will
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#3 » by Fury » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:36 pm

It’s too late Anthony Edwards. You said what you said.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,990

Post#4 » by NYKinMIA » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:36 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#5 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:55 pm

Shots at his own coach UNENO
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#6 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:01 pm

Fury wrote:It’s too late Anthony Edwards. You said what you said.

And I'm happy he said it. Maybe the best motivator for RJ this yr. If RJ gonna shoot like he has since that game then maybe Edwards should get at him every 3 weeks
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,032

Post#7 » by Capn'O » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:12 pm

I'm not saying I wouldn't go fishing with the man but RJ is gonna cook him next time they face off.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 16,733

Post#8 » by evevale » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:19 pm

Nah Ant - what's done is done.

HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,827

Post#9 » by HerSports85 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Read on Twitter
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#10 » by nyczlegacy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Nah bro

Noel or one of the goons on the bench better lay that punk ass out next time we play them
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,269

Post#11 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:15 pm

Anthony Edwards who?
ImageImageImage
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#12 » by Oscirus » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26 pm

RJ coming for your neck fool. You got a while though so just sit back relax and have the lube ready
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Post#13 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:40 pm

He annoyed the sh*t out of me with his too honest take on their late game defense vs the Knicks, but I'm starting to think Edwards is going to wind up being a Barkley like personality over the next 10 years. No filter, doesn't sugarcoat things, a little too blunt and funny/inadvertently funny.

Just a hunch
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,906

Post#14 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:21 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

LMFAO facts coppin pleas :lol: :lol:
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,863

Post#15 » by 8516knicks » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:23 pm

DaGawd wrote:

Just turned my opinion of him to the positive. :o
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,156

Post#16 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:24 pm

Anthony Edwards is definitely doing a good job of distancing himself from Andrew "Really looks like I don't give a **** about basketball" Wiggins comparisons though
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,386

Post#17 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:28 pm

DaGawd wrote:

to be honest i don't hate edwards like the rest of the people here. i don't think he was wrong for saying that about RJ in the first place. RJ has responded pretty well to the criticism and is clutch now. plus i liked how he said we're the best defensive team in the league
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#18 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:29 pm

RJ will unlock elite man to man defense vs Edwards when he play him lol.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#19 » by NewKnicks » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:43 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:He annoyed the sh*t out of me with his too honest take on their late game defense vs the Knicks, but I'm starting to think Edwards is going to wind up being a Barkley like personality over the next 10 years. No filter, doesn't sugarcoat things, a little too blunt and funny/inadvertently funny.

Just a hunch

And also a game to back it up. He's starting to look like he's for real, and that Minny team actually has a lot of talent. Imagine if they land in the top 4 and get one of those players. Russell has played well since coming back too. I can't believe I'm saying this, but look out for the TWolves. :lol: They will probably some how mess it up though, because that's just what that franchise does.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#20 » by NewKnicks » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:48 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:He annoyed the sh*t out of me with his too honest take on their late game defense vs the Knicks, but I'm starting to think Edwards is going to wind up being a Barkley like personality over the next 10 years. No filter, doesn't sugarcoat things, a little too blunt and funny/inadvertently funny.

Just a hunch

And also a game to back it up. He's starting to look like he's for real, and that Minny team actually has a lot of talent. Imagine if they land in the top 4 and get one of those players. Russell has played well since coming back too. I can't believe I'm saying this, but look out for the TWolves. :lol: They will probably some how mess it up though, because that's just what that franchise does.

KAT
Russell
Edwards
Naz
McDaniels
Beasley
Top 4 pick

Plus players like Okogie and Culver.

It's going to be hard for their front office to screw this one up.

Fun squad tho. I'd take their young talent over ours any day of the week. I would love to work out a trade to take some of that talent off their hands. I wonder if they'd give up McDaniels. I really like that kid. Plays great D and can shoot it.

Return to New York Knicks