ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Knicks vs. Lakers @ Madison Square Garden April 12th 7:30PM EST

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,412

GT: Knicks vs. Lakers @ Madison Square Garden April 12th 7:30PM EST 

Post#1 » by JXL » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:24 pm

Another game, another clutch shot from RJ Barrett. Does he have your attention now?

TONIGHT

Last game vs. them

Tweets:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

LET'S GO KNICKS!!!
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Re: GT: Knicks vs. Lakers @ Madison Square Garden April 12th 7:30PM EST 

Post#2 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:29 pm

1st!

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,444

Post#3 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:37 pm

RJ is finally training that muscle memory to keep his left elbow closer to his body when he shoots (particularly the 3 point shot) which corrected his form. RJ has this thing where his elbows are pointed outward. You can clearly see it when he’s running on the court. The dude runs like an old man tbh with elbows out and hunched over. He’s not a smooth looking athlete, IMO .
Free Palestine
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,085

Post#4 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:17 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#5 » by NewKnicks » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:26 pm

This should be another W, but usually when the Knicks should win, they blow it.

In regards to the W against the Raptors.. When they took that 3 away from Flynn, that was the turning point of the game. Raptors were up 7 at that point, and it didn't look good, but after they took the 3 away the Raptors fell apart. Knicks actually took advantage a situation like that for once. Good to see.

I don't know how to feel about all of this. Our draft pick keeps getting lower and lower with each win, but I also like to see the energy and excitement the team has when they pull out games like the last one.

I'm still on team tank though, but the tank is running out of as gas. Oh well. I'm just trying to not get too high or too low, because you never know when the Knicks will start their next losing streak, or go on an extended winning streak. Knicks are consistently inconsistent, and that can play with a fan's emotion.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#6 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:31 pm

This man gotta play tonight period!
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#7 » by NewKnicks » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:33 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:RJ is finally training that muscle memory to keep his left elbow closer to his body when he shoots (particularly the 3 point shot) which corrected his form. RJ has this thing where his elbows are pointed outward. You can clearly see it when he’s running on the court. The dude runs like an old man tbh with elbows out and hunched over. He’s not a smooth looking athlete, IMO .

This is one of the reasons I was down on him previously. He simply does not fit the bill of a high-flying NBA athlete. He doesn't have those elite talents that most successful NBA players are born with. The quick-twitch, fast, above the rim player. He's much more a clodding big and strong player who tries to outmuscle his defenders rather than going around them and dunking on people. But, that doesn't seem to matter too much. He's so crafty, loves that slow euro step, and has been finishing at a higher rate as of late. RJ won't ever become that high-flying NBA player, but it looks like he won't need to to be successful in the league.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,867

Post#8 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:02 pm

New Day, New Game, so .......

Fck the Celtics Lakers
ImageImageImage
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,289

Post#9 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:18 pm

An interesting factoid is that both Knicks championships came against the Lakers, and Jerry and Wilt beat the Knicks to earn their sole championship ring with the Lakers. That's a nice exchange of courtesies.

Also, I'll never forget this move by Kobe:

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#10 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:18 pm

F N 11 wrote:Image

This man gotta play tonight period!

his hand is ok? i wondered since we didn't see him again.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#11 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

If the Lakers double Randle tonight, let’s see if they come on the catch or after he puts down his 1st dribble. Let’s also keep an eye on how he handles them.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#12 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:RJ is finally training that muscle memory to keep his left elbow closer to his body when he shoots (particularly the 3 point shot) which corrected his form. RJ has this thing where his elbows are pointed outward. You can clearly see it when he’s running on the court. The dude runs like an old man tbh with elbows out and hunched over. He’s not a smooth looking athlete, IMO .

This is one of the reasons I was down on him previously. He simply does not fit the bill of a high-flying NBA athlete. He doesn't have those elite talents that most successful NBA players are born with. The quick-twitch, fast, above the rim player. He's much more a clodding big and strong player who tries to outmuscle his defenders rather than going around them and dunking on people. But, that doesn't seem to matter too much. He's so crafty, loves that slow euro step, and has been finishing at a higher rate as of late. RJ won't ever become that high-flying NBA player, but it looks like he won't need to to be successful in the league.

I concur.
Free Palestine
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,286

Post#13 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:26 pm

NewKnicks wrote:This should be another W, but usually when the Knicks should win, they blow it.

In regards to the W against the Raptors.. When they took that 3 away from Flynn, that was the turning point of the game. Raptors were up 7 at that point, and it didn't look good, but after they took the 3 away the Raptors fell apart. Knicks actually took advantage a situation like that for once. Good to see.

I don't know how to feel about all of this. Our draft pick keeps getting lower and lower with each win, but I also like to see the energy and excitement the team has when they pull out games like the last one.

I'm still on team tank though, but the tank is running out of as gas. Oh well. I'm just trying to not get too high or too low, because you never know when the Knicks will start their next losing streak, or go on an extended winning streak. Knicks are consistently inconsistent, and that can play with a fan's emotion.

We should? They are former Champs and hella deep even without their top 2. We are OTOH are missing our best big....it will be a dogfight.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#14 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:27 pm

2010 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

If the Lakers double Randle tonight, let’s see if they come on the catch or after he puts down his 1st dribble. Let’s also keep an eye on how he handles them.

Do I have to? :lol:
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#15 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:28 pm

RHODEY wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:This should be another W, but usually when the Knicks should win, they blow it.

We should? They are former Champs and hella deep even without their top 2. We are OTOH are missing our best big....it will be a dogfight.

Dogfight it is. I don't think we win very many games the easy way from this point forward.
Free Palestine
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,286

Post#16 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:29 pm

NewKnicks wrote:

I don't care if he is high flying (like Edwards) as long as he's a good winning player(unlike Edwards).
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#17 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:35 pm

RHODEY wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:

I don't care if he is high flying (like Edwards) as long as he's a good winning player(unlike Edwards).

Agreed. I'm fine if he turns out to be that kind of player. I think I'd feel much more comfortable with him at the 3 and us finding a young SG.

For me watching RJ develop has been a learning experience because I just wasn't that familiar with him in high school, international ball, or at Duke (I watched here and there but not much). So, much of my perspective about him came from all the other peeps here who did follow him along the way. I guess RJ really dominated the players his age back then which gave him all this hype. But when you get to this level, it's a real adjustment for even the most-hyped players.
Free Palestine
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#18 » by ducler » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:41 pm

Read on Twitter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#19 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:15 pm