ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Pelicans PG

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Re: Knicks - Pelicans PG 

Post#521 » by NewKnicks » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:58 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:Bookmark this post. You guys are WAY prematurely labeling Obi a bust. He's gotten a fraction of the time given to Frank to be labeled a bust and the guy playing in front of him is an All-Star and the teams most productive player. Frank stunk with guys like Jarret Jack, Emmanuel Mudiay, Trey Burks and Dennis Smith Jr. All are now considered backups and Frank should have taken their spots. If you expected Obi to stand out in year 1 with Randle putting up career #'s and Thibs running the helm implementing guys he trusts, you're insane. Obi hasn't stood out, but his leash is shorter given our success and there's not been enough time to gauge him. He may turn out to be a bust but it is unbelievably shortsighted and premature to call him a bust.

Obi is a bust and once the FO signs a vet in the offseason to back up Randle, he'll be riding pine for years to come.

'Til we meet again. You could be right that we replace him with a vet and completely wrong on him being a bust. But then I'm sure your argument will pivot to "We weren't going to keep him anyway because of Thibs" when that plate of crow is dropped in front of you.

:nonono: Board is hardly ever right and now we got fresh blood adding to the lunacy.

It's Steph's fault not Larry!!
In Phil we trust!
Frank is a PG!
Hernangomez will be good.
Mitch sux!!!
Trade RJ!
:nonono:

Don't group me in with previous posters.

I don't live with rose colored glasses on like some of you do. I live in reality, and the reality is this franchise has sucked for 20 years. I'm not buying into a .500 Covid season when we're playing all one year vets to get half of those wins.

I don't get what you're talking about with the bolded sentence. Care to reword it so I can understand? Obi is a bust now, will be a bust after we sign a vet to take up his minutes, and will be a bust as he rides the pine after that signing. Again, I don't have a clue what you're trying to say with the bolded comment, though.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,443

Post#522 » by KnicksGod » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:02 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
Obi is a bust and once the FO signs a vet in the offseason to back up Randle, he'll be riding pine for years to come.

'Til we meet again. You could be right that we replace him with a vet and completely wrong on him being a bust. But then I'm sure your argument will pivot to "We weren't going to keep him anyway because of Thibs" when that plate of crow is dropped in front of you.

:nonono: Board is hardly ever right and now we got fresh blood adding to the lunacy.

In Phil we trust!
Frank is a PG!
Mitch sux!!!
Trade RJ!

I don't live with rose colored glasses on like some of you do. I live in reality, and the reality is this franchise has sucked for 20 years. I'm not buying into a .500 Covid season when we're playing all one year vets to get half of those wins.

I don't get what you're talking about with the bolded sentence. Care to reword it so I can understand? Obi is a bust now, will be a bust after we sign a vet to take up his minutes, and will be a bust as he rides the pine after that signing. Again, I don't have a clue what you're trying to say with the bolded comment, though.

He means you’re conflating bust and out of our rotation. He may leave or be marginalized and still be good.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#523 » by BBALLER4FR » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:25 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:

In Phil we trust!
Frank is a PG!
Mitch sux!!!
Trade RJ!

No need to reword. I'll watch this play out.

NewKnicks wrote:I don't live with rose colored glasses on like some of you do.

:roll: You don't even give the guy a chance. In your eyes he sucks because Thibs prefers the team's #1 option and All-Star over him. :lol:

NewKnicks wrote:I live in reality, and the reality is this franchise has sucked for 20 years. I'm not buying into a .500 Covid season when we're playing all one year vets to get half of those wins.

So your natural reaction is to label a rookie a bust after 56 games playing behind an All-Star? Sure. That seems rational. :roll:

NewKnicks wrote:He's a bust now, will be a bust after we sign a vet to take up his minutes, and will be a bust as he rides the pine after that signing

That kind of statement might put you in the exact category of those who said:

In Phil we trust!
Frank is a PG!
Mitch sux!!!
Trade RJ!
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#524 » by BKlutch » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:57 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
Spot31 wrote:
Just like people were saying we're gonna go on a 10 game losing streak. Please stop underestimating this team, we're finally legit again. Accept it.

'Legit'? Really? In what world are we legit? We're a .500 team with one year vets leading the charge. And some of them won't be here next year. We're not legit. We're a .500 team in a weak conference. We had a lot of wins to where our opponents were missing their best player(s).

Shaddup and strap on your feed bag. We eatin good and headed to the playoffs now so get in yer saddle or GTFO

You have such a way with words!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#525 » by BKlutch » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:58 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:

In Phil we trust!
Frank is a PG!
Mitch sux!!!
Trade RJ!

No need to reword. I'll watch this play out.

NewKnicks wrote:I don't live with rose colored glasses on like some of you do.

:roll: You don't even give the guy a chance. In your eyes he sucks because Thibs prefers the team's #1 option and All-Star over him. :lol:

NewKnicks wrote:I live in reality, and the reality is this franchise has sucked for 20 years. I'm not buying into a .500 Covid season when we're playing all one year vets to get half of those wins.

So your natural reaction is to label a rookie a bust after 56 games playing behind an All-Star? Sure. That seems rational. :roll:

NewKnicks wrote:He's a bust now, will be a bust after we sign a vet to take up his minutes, and will be a bust as he rides the pine after that signing

That kind of statement might put you in the exact category of those who said:

In Phil we trust!
Frank is a PG!
Mitch sux!!!
Trade RJ!

I'm with all of this. Very clear and very true. Anybody can say "they were bad for 20 years. They can never change or be good."

So lets enjoy what we're seeing.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#526 » by dakomish23 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:09 am

robillionaire wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
You don't think Bullock, Burks, Noel, and even Payton contributed anything to where we're at today? I mean, it's not pretty but c'mon we're 28-27 or something like that, right?

Overwhelming majority is 100%? They fill in gaps, have the occasional good game and a crap ton of crappy games.

You won’t give them a 2nd thought once they’re gone

They probably aren't going to be gone though...some of these guys are certainly coming back

I’ll take Bullock back as is. The other two I won’t sleep over
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#527 » by dakomish23 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:10 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
You don't think Bullock, Burks, Noel, and even Payton contributed anything to where we're at today? I mean, it's not pretty but c'mon we're 28-27 or something like that, right?

Overwhelming majority is 100%? They fill in gaps, have the occasional good game and a crap ton of crappy games.

:lol: that’s what you think!

:lol: my man you’ve singlehandedly kept Kanter alive here

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#528 » by dakomish23 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:13 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:You don't like what you're seeing. I get it. But what you're seeing is how successful NBA teams work. We don't have end of the line vets just getting a cheque to mentor. We have in prime guys trying to extend their careers. That's why they came. We have some viable keepers in the mix.

The organisation has never wanted to tank. That isn't some revelation. It has always been said "You can't rebuild in New York"

It isn't some revelation that the New York market isn't about youth movements. Dolan had two knee jerk reactions to the sell out streak ending and fans chanting sell the team when the Knicks were losing.

We've demonstrated that this regime is not going the Hinkie method. It means there may not be sexy draft picks, but we're building something. And the good rookies (like RJ) have been given a chance to prosper.

The poorer players sit. And in-between like IQ and Obi are being brought up old school because they don't have clout and so they're earning it.

Everybody has a role. Everybody has a window. And even not looking at the record it's working. Both IQ and Obi are looking better in their stints. The team is functioning.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

How did you miss the entire middle paragraph? Don’t make **** up. “You don’t like what you’re seeing”. I don’t what else I’d have to type out to say I had no problem with it happening this game. Somehow, you ignored that to justify.

And don’t make easily debunked claims like “this is how successful franchises work”. There are numerous ways
to prosper in the NBA & the normal path of rebuilding has fostered success for multiple organizations. Or did no teams let the kids take the lumps as they made them the priority?

Here’s the reality of it: if the Knicks had gone that route, you’d be on the opposite of this argument. But b/c it’s not what they did, you’re making excuses for it.

How many times do ppl who think like this have to be wrong before there’s a paradigm shift in thinking? My guess is there is no number. As long as the Knicks do it, you’ll be for it.

I’ve been fine all year with the Ws b/c it’s the future building blocks making the push. This is not like past years where we ignore the kids and choose bums to drive us to a mid lottery pick. If this last game become the norm and we’re back to journeymen no future here easily replaceable vets getting the bulk of the minutes, instead of the future building blocks, we have failed yet again.

“You don’t like what you’re seeing”. no less than a 100x I have said this isn’t like past years
If you like what you're seeing in toto you would have no issues. You had no problems for one game. That doesn't mean you like what you are seeing.

I didn't miss the middle paragraph at all.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

What kind of logic is this? I had problems for one game (I didnt) which means I don’t like what I’ve seen this season (I do)?

Have fun

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,650

Post#529 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:34 am

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

We could use his rebounding :lol:
Free Palestine
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#530 » by dakomish23 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:36 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Where’s the straight face emoji

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,650

Post#531 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:44 am

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Where’s the straight face emoji

Hater. :D
Free Palestine
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#532 » by WargamesX » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:56 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Gravy wrote:
Reign23 wrote:well that is one way to see this. the other is he averages fewer minutes than RJ, Randle, Mitch, Rose, Burks, Bullock, Payton, Noel, Gibson, Austin Rivers (!)
that means he is 11th on the team in minutes per games since the start of the season.

He doesnt even play most of those positions and hes a rookie lol. You and your fellow tankers here wanted to lose all season. Now that Thibs got us at the 6th seed you all know how to win games huh? I'm sure your rotations of nothing but kids and benching Randle that you wanted would have us in 1st place.

The playoffs are gonna be hilarious to be honest (If we get there), when Thibs can no longer simply play his rotations longer to close the talent gap, and the other team decides to play their main guys 38-42 minutes as well.

I am all for this most games but come on we beat the cry baby Mavs. Even if we were tanking..... the Knicks would have gone all out to win this. :nod:

Enjoy the win
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,529

Post#533 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:39 pm

We're on a 5 game winning streak, and the Debbie downers are in full effect. Why on earth would anyone choose to spend so much time watching and discussing something that is the source of their angst and discomfort? Drama queens.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks