ImageImageImageImageImage

Last 10 game POLLapalooza

Moderators: K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK

Official Final Record guesstimator : Last ten game record

7-3 or better : Knicks have 41 wins or more.
13
16%
6-4 : The Knicks win 40 games this season
23
28%
5-5 & 4-6 : Above .500 39-38 wins
27
33%
3-7 : Just 1 game above .500 37 wins
5
6%
2-8 : At .500 36 wins
1
1%
1-9 or worse : Knicks finish below .500
3
4%
STFU & GTFO : with this isht.
10
12%
 
Total votes: 82

ForzaMetro
Senior
Posts: 542
And1: 484
Joined: Mar 19, 2017
     

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#21 » by ForzaMetro » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:59 pm

Magic number to clinch play-in spot: 2
Magic number to clinch playoff spot: 6
Magic number to clinch top-four seed: 9
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 68,395
And1: 33,843
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#22 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:26 pm

ForzaMetro wrote:Magic number to clinch play-in spot: 2
Magic number to clinch playoff spot: 6
Magic number to clinch top-four seed: 9


The "Magic Numbers" are any combination of Knicks' wins and/or losses by the Hawks, Celtic, and/or Heat.

We have 9 games left. I see us probably going 2-4 on this road trip with the possibility of 3-3. Then, hopefully, we win our last 3 home games.
Image
NYKat
General Manager
Posts: 9,256
And1: 2,685
Joined: Sep 30, 2009

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#23 » by NYKat » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:37 pm

@HOU W
@MEM L
@DEN. L
@PHX. W
@LAC. L
@LAL. W
vs SA. L
vs CHA. W
vs BOS. L
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 68,395
And1: 33,843
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#24 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:44 pm

NYKat wrote:@HOU W
@MEM L
@DEN. L
@PHX. W
@LAC. L
@LAL. W
vs SA. L
vs CHA. W
vs BOS. L


We’re going to beat Memphis

I also don’t think we lose the last 2 of 3 at home.
Image
User avatar
F N 11
RealGM
Posts: 61,702
And1: 33,543
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#25 » by F N 11 » Sat May 1, 2021 8:36 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:we still coming for everbody's chains.

This, people still believing April was a fluke. We a solid team, just believe it.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
User avatar
F N 11
RealGM
Posts: 61,702
And1: 33,543
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#26 » by F N 11 » Sat May 1, 2021 8:40 pm

ForzaMetro wrote:9 games to go and we’re 1 up on Atlanta (and have a tie breaker) and 2 up on Boston & Miami.

If we go 5-4, Boston/Miami would have to go 7-2 to catch us. They play each other twice, which makes it unlikely they’d both go 7-2 to finish the season.

Will be interesting if that last game of the season vs Boston means something for both teams.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-nba-predictions/

538 has it finishing

4 Atlanta 40-32
5 Boston 39-33
6 Miami 38-34
7 New York 38-34

For what that’s worth...we’ve been outperforming their metrics all season long


Lol what are they basing this off of? We are one of the hottest teams in the nba.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 23,279
And1: 18,102
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
     

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#27 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat May 1, 2021 9:05 pm

F N 11 wrote:
ForzaMetro wrote:9 games to go and we’re 1 up on Atlanta (and have a tie breaker) and 2 up on Boston & Miami.

If we go 5-4, Boston/Miami would have to go 7-2 to catch us. They play each other twice, which makes it unlikely they’d both go 7-2 to finish the season.

Will be interesting if that last game of the season vs Boston means something for both teams.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-nba-predictions/

538 has it finishing

4 Atlanta 40-32
5 Boston 39-33
6 Miami 38-34
7 New York 38-34

For what that’s worth...we’ve been outperforming their metrics all season long


Lol what are they basing this off of? We are one of the hottest teams in the nba.


strength of schedule.

we really need to stay top 6. not that i'm afraid of the play-in competition... you just don't wanna have to.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
User avatar
JXL
Head Coach
Posts: 7,200
And1: 6,361
Joined: Sep 01, 2013
Location: New York
Contact:
     

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#28 » by JXL » Sun May 2, 2021 2:28 am

at Houston W
at Memphis W
at Denver L
at Phoenix W
at Clippers L
at Lakers W
vs San Antonio W
vs Charlotte W
vs Boston W

This team doesn't beat themselves. If they lose, that meant the other team was better that day.

The only losses where they beat themselves were the close games they lost. They only got blown out once since the All-Star break, and it was in the 1st game back from the break in Milwaukee. They learned from that, and got better from it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
BIRD UP!
#QUICKLEYPG4LYFE
User avatar
RHODEY
RealGM
Posts: 12,501
And1: 7,564
Joined: May 18, 2007
Location: Straight out of a comic book

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#29 » by RHODEY » Sun May 2, 2021 3:37 am

JXL wrote:at Houston W
at Memphis W
at Denver L
at Phoenix W
at Clippers L
at Lakers W
vs San Antonio W
vs Charlotte W
vs Boston W

This team doesn't beat themselves. If they lose, that meant the other team was better that day.

The only losses where they beat themselves were the close games they lost. They only got blown out once since the All-Star break, and it was in the 1st game back from the break in Milwaukee. They learned from that, and got better from it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk


and we have Burks coming back, so that could help too.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 23,279
And1: 18,102
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
     

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#30 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun May 2, 2021 2:39 pm

JXL wrote:at Houston W
at Memphis W
at Denver L
at Phoenix W
at Clippers L
at Lakers W
vs San Antonio W
vs Charlotte W
vs Boston W

This team doesn't beat themselves. If they lose, that meant the other team was better that day.

The only losses where they beat themselves were the close games they lost. They only got blown out once since the All-Star break, and it was in the 1st game back from the break in Milwaukee. They learned from that, and got better from it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk


i was thinking 6-3 the rest of the way, which would be amazing and should be enough to keep the 4 or 5 seed.

i feel like 5-4 is realistic and should keep us out of the play-in.

the team wants more, and i'm all in on trying to win out to spite the world of course.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 23,279
And1: 18,102
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
     

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#31 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun May 2, 2021 2:42 pm

RHODEY wrote:
JXL wrote:at Houston W
at Memphis W
at Denver L
at Phoenix W
at Clippers L
at Lakers W
vs San Antonio W
vs Charlotte W
vs Boston W

This team doesn't beat themselves. If they lose, that meant the other team was better that day.

The only losses where they beat themselves were the close games they lost. They only got blown out once since the All-Star break, and it was in the 1st game back from the break in Milwaukee. They learned from that, and got better from it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk


and we have Burks coming back, so that could help too.


i don't minimize ANY opponents, but i hope tonight is a tune up game for burks. memphis is playing hard as hell for their lives. i'm not sleeping. ja is awake.

we could drop 4 or 5 in a row easily if we blow either of the first 2. none of these games will be easy and the charlotte and boston games will basically be playoff games.

as i have been saying, the playoffs started in march for the knicks and they've risen to the challenege. i'm ALREADY proud. not a soul expected the CURRENT win total.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
8516knicks
Rookie
Posts: 1,064
And1: 557
Joined: May 18, 2017
   

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#32 » by 8516knicks » Sun May 2, 2021 3:04 pm

F N 11 wrote:
ForzaMetro wrote:9 games to go and we’re 1 up on Atlanta (and have a tie breaker) and 2 up on Boston & Miami.

If we go 5-4, Boston/Miami would have to go 7-2 to catch us. They play each other twice, which makes it unlikely they’d both go 7-2 to finish the season.

Will be interesting if that last game of the season vs Boston means something for both teams.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-nba-predictions/

538 has it finishing

4 Atlanta 40-32
5 Boston 39-33
6 Miami 38-34
7 New York 38-34

For what that’s worth...we’ve been outperforming their metrics all season long


Lol what are they basing this off of? We are one of the hottest teams in the nba.


578 had Hillalry over the trumpster at 90% probability; just sayin' don't go to Vegas on their advice... :lol: :crazy: :noway:
User avatar
BKlutch
RealGM
Posts: 11,901
And1: 8,109
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#33 » by BKlutch » Sun May 2, 2021 6:10 pm

F N 11 wrote:
ForzaMetro wrote:9 games to go and we’re 1 up on Atlanta (and have a tie breaker) and 2 up on Boston & Miami.

If we go 5-4, Boston/Miami would have to go 7-2 to catch us. They play each other twice, which makes it unlikely they’d both go 7-2 to finish the season.

Will be interesting if that last game of the season vs Boston means something for both teams.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-nba-predictions/

538 has it finishing

4 Atlanta 40-32
5 Boston 39-33
6 Miami 38-34
7 New York 38-34

For what that’s worth...we’ve been outperforming their metrics all season long


Lol what are they basing this off of? We are one of the hottest teams in the nba.

We are definitely THE hottest fanbase in the NBA.
.
.
MKGA Make Knicks Great Again
User avatar
stuporman
RealGM
Posts: 22,599
And1: 8,014
Joined: Nov 27, 2005
Location: optimistic skeptical realist

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#34 » by stuporman » Sun May 2, 2021 9:57 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:we could drop 4 or 5 in a row easily if we blow either of the first 2. none of these games will be easy and the charlotte and boston games will basically be playoff games.


It's as if the last two games of the season are a play-in to see which team has to play the play-in...a play-in play-in so to speak. :lol:

Yea, if the Knicks drop either of the first two in the road trip they have a strong possibility of going 1-5 on it which can drop them to a place in the seeding that grows the importance of the last two.
Image?
Barcs
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,819
And1: 396
Joined: Jan 27, 2013
Location: NJ
       

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#35 » by Barcs » Mon May 3, 2021 2:43 pm

It's a tough trip but we know these knicks can compete with almost anybody. I think they will go 6-4 or 5-5. I'm happy with finishing .500, that should be good enough to still get us at least the #6.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
General Manager
Posts: 9,835
And1: 7,642
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#36 » by Are We Ther Yet » Mon May 3, 2021 3:28 pm

We need to beat Memphis. After that...sweep the home games and we make 40 wins. Not afraid of anyone at this point. Just keep playing for each other and defend like they know how to. The rest will figure itself out.
:beer: RIP mags
Knicks365247
Ballboy
Posts: 16
And1: 14
Joined: Apr 11, 2020

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#37 » by Knicks365247 » Mon May 3, 2021 7:15 pm

stuporman wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:we could drop 4 or 5 in a row easily if we blow either of the first 2. none of these games will be easy and the charlotte and boston games will basically be playoff games.


It's as if the last two games of the season are a play-in to see which team has to play the play-in...a play-in play-in so to speak. :lol:

Yea, if the Knicks drop either of the first two in the road trip they have a strong possibility of going 1-5 on it which can drop them to a place in the seeding that grows the importance of the last two.


ballboy checking in here, sadly I'm not going to stfu and gtfo. Knicks are going 7-3. YOU CAN GUARANTEE IT!
User avatar
stuporman
RealGM
Posts: 22,599
And1: 8,014
Joined: Nov 27, 2005
Location: optimistic skeptical realist

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#38 » by stuporman » Tue May 4, 2021 9:25 am

Someone voted for 1-9 or worse since the Memphis win and that option is literally impossible since they have won 3 in 3 games of the 10 already....must have been a visiting Nets fan :rofl:
Image?
User avatar
NYK Dolemite
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,035
And1: 805
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
         

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#39 » by NYK Dolemite » Tue May 4, 2021 12:16 pm

F N 11 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:we still coming for everbody's chains.

This, people still believing April was a fluke. We a solid team, just believe it.


Indeed. Playing .650 ball since the Rose trade. That’s not a fluke in the NBA.
User avatar
NYK Dolemite
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,035
And1: 805
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
         

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#40 » by NYK Dolemite » Tue May 4, 2021 12:17 pm

Knicks365247 wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:we could drop 4 or 5 in a row easily if we blow either of the first 2. none of these games will be easy and the charlotte and boston games will basically be playoff games.


It's as if the last two games of the season are a play-in to see which team has to play the play-in...a play-in play-in so to speak. :lol:

Yea, if the Knicks drop either of the first two in the road trip they have a strong possibility of going 1-5 on it which can drop them to a place in the seeding that grows the importance of the last two.


ballboy checking in here, sadly I'm not going to stfu and gtfo. Knicks are going 7-3. YOU CAN GUARANTEE IT!


Warranted optimism, BB. Now, STFU & GTFO!

:rockon:

Return to New York Knicks