ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Playoff Homestretch Blessings

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Montmorencie
Rookie
And1: 830

Re: Around the NBA - Playoff Homestretch Blessings 

Post#381 » by Montmorencie » Wed May 12, 2021 10:14 am

3toheadmelo wrote:miami may not have a true superstar but they have multiple guys who can score 20+ on any night. worst matchup for us

I think in playoffs Jimmy should be classified as a superstar. Either he gives the floor for the hottest guy at the moment and only plays defense or he takes over and goes easily over 30, often even 40 as we remember.

I don't wanna go against Heat. The reality is that they swept us in the worst current shape of their season. This team probably would have gone 7 or win it all had they had Dragic in those finals.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#382 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 12, 2021 12:23 pm

Miami is like if you had this year's Thibs culture but for 20 years and also if the Knicks had a FO that generally hit on draft picks instead of generally missing on them.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#383 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 12, 2021 1:14 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Miami is like if you had this year's Thibs culture but for 20 years and also if the Knicks had a FO that generally hit on draft picks instead of generally missing on them.

We will crush those sissies in their pink tutus they call basketball uniforms.
Free Palestine
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#384 » by seren » Wed May 12, 2021 2:07 pm

What we really need is Dallas losing the rest of its games including play in followed by winning the lottery.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,481

Post#385 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed May 12, 2021 2:20 pm

future knick derozan talking about msg
"It's always fun to play in New York. It should be fun," DeRozan said of facing two equally-competitive teams.

"It's definitely [going to be] something different, other than you have your normal fans, but it is always great, always a different type of feeling to go to New York," he added, talking about the overall atmosphere of playing in New York, especially inside the Madison Square Garden.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,919

Post#386 » by cgf » Wed May 12, 2021 2:57 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:future knick derozan talking about msg
"It's always fun to play in New York. It should be fun," DeRozan said of facing two equally-competitive teams.

"It's definitely [going to be] something different, other than you have your normal fans, but it is always great, always a different type of feeling to go to New York," he added, talking about the overall atmosphere of playing in New York, especially inside the Madison Square Garden.

Like we'll be able to get Demar. We're gunna be praying for Oubre & Winslow to take our money at this rate.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 468

Post#387 » by kNicksGmen » Wed May 12, 2021 3:13 pm

seren wrote:What we really need is Dallas losing the rest of its games including play in followed by winning the lottery.

i think the pick still has some protection for top 3 or 5. that would be worst case scenario because then I think it converts into a 2nd rounder.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,688

Post#388 » by shtolky » Wed May 12, 2021 3:23 pm

kNicksGmen wrote:
seren wrote:What we really need is Dallas losing the rest of its games including play in followed by winning the lottery.

i think the pick still has some protection for top 3 or 5. that would be worst case scenario because then I think it converts into a 2nd rounder.

This years Dallas pick is unprotected. The 2023 Dallas pick has protection, I believe top 10.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,919

Post#389 » by cgf » Wed May 12, 2021 3:28 pm

shtolky wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:

This years Dallas pick is unprotected. The 2023 Dallas pick has protection, I believe top 10.

Yep, that pick is top 10 protected for two years & then converts to 2nd rounders, but the 2021 pick is unprotected.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,968

Post#390 » by knicks94 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:10 pm

If Lebron, KD and Harden play in every single playoff game it will be obvious that they were mailing it in during the regular season.
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 468

Post#391 » by kNicksGmen » Wed May 12, 2021 4:39 pm

shtolky wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:

got it. forgot this is the 1st one and it's the next one that could turn into a second. thanks for clarifying.
bballoctober
Rookie
And1: 377

Post#392 » by bballoctober » Wed May 12, 2021 5:17 pm

At what time is the Saturday game ?
I will only cherish the wins and ignore everything else, because that's the only way to survive as a Knicks fan.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#393 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 12, 2021 5:34 pm

cgf wrote:
shtolky wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:i think the pick still has some protection for top 3 or 5. that would be worst case scenario because then I think it converts into a 2nd rounder.

Yep, that pick is top 10 protected for two years & then converts to 2nd rounders, but the 2021 pick is unprotected.

We’ll be trading them anyway this summer for Malcolm Brogdon
Free Palestine
Fundamentals21
Bench Warmer
And1: 625

Post#394 » by Fundamentals21 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:35 pm

The Orlando Magic have signed forward Ignas Brazdeikis for the remainder of the season.

Brazdeikis was originally signed to a 10-day contract by Orlando on May 2. He has played in five games with the Magic, averaging 10.0 ppg., 4.6 rpg. and 1.8 apg. in 28.3 minpg. Brazdeikis has appeared in 10 total games this season with New York, Philadelphia and Orlando, averaging 5.2 ppg., 2.7 rpg. and 1.0 apg. in 15.7 minpg. He played in four games with the Knicks, before being traded to Philadelphia as part of a three-team deal on Mar. 25. Brazdeikis appeared in one game with the Sixers, before being waived on Apr. 8.

Originally selected in the second round (47th overall) of the 2019 NBA Draft by Sacramento, Brazdeikis has played in 19 career NBA regular season games with New York, Philadelphia and Orlando, averaging 3.6 ppg. and 1.7 rpg. in 11.1 minpg.

Ignas dev.'ing nicely in Orlando. Could've played him over Payton?
frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#395 » by frothbrain » Wed May 12, 2021 7:41 pm

Fundamentals21 wrote:
The Orlando Magic have signed forward Ignas Brazdeikis for the remainder of the season.

Brazdeikis was originally signed to a 10-day contract by Orlando on May 2. He has played in five games with the Magic, averaging 10.0 ppg., 4.6 rpg. and 1.8 apg. in 28.3 minpg. Brazdeikis has appeared in 10 total games this season with New York, Philadelphia and Orlando, averaging 5.2 ppg., 2.7 rpg. and 1.0 apg. in 15.7 minpg. He played in four games with the Knicks, before being traded to Philadelphia as part of a three-team deal on Mar. 25. Brazdeikis appeared in one game with the Sixers, before being waived on Apr. 8.

Originally selected in the second round (47th overall) of the 2019 NBA Draft by Sacramento, Brazdeikis has played in 19 career NBA regular season games with New York, Philadelphia and Orlando, averaging 3.6 ppg. and 1.7 rpg. in 11.1 minpg.

Can't develop players by adjusting the rotation. Payton and Reggie Bullock need their fixed minutes every game regardless of performance.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#396 » by Fat Kat » Wed May 12, 2021 8:18 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
cgf wrote:
shtolky wrote:

We’ll be trading them anyway this summer for Malcolm Brogdon

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#397 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:49 pm

frothbrain wrote:
Fundamentals21 wrote:

Can't develop players by adjusting the rotation. Payton and Reggie Bullock need their fixed minutes every game regardless of performance.

Insinuating Reggie Bullock doesn't deserve his minutes is why this fanbase doesn't deserve chit
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#398 » by Fat Kat » Wed May 12, 2021 8:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Who wanted this dude?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,322

Post#399 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed May 12, 2021 9:01 pm

ah ben golliver not picking randle for all NBA because "i don't trust him to do it in a playoffs" even tho it's a regular season award and "i don't think they're as good as their record says" and "i don't care how much less lebron plays, it doesn't matter"

It's absurd how biased these guys can be sometimes...
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#400 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:04 pm

Big brain move by the Knicks to keep the Lakers playoff hopes alive so they could jump ahead of Dallas in the last 3 games :lol:

Return to New York Knicks