ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Clippers PG

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Re: Knicks - Clippers PG 

Post#721 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 11, 2021 12:32 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Some ppl still love sighting our players.

Water is wet.

This **** was shooting like 16% from 3 to start the season lmao hes closer to 50 now..... His FTs are pretty automatic. He's made MAJOR strides this season at 20 **** years old.

He has a very similar game to Paul Pierce. He's goingto be a **** assassin. I couldn't give a **** less what some moronic exec thinks. Same exec that wouldhave penciled us for 20 wins.

I'll bet this quote was taken completely out of context. Because he's correct. RJ isn't a star level or franchise player. Right now.

But he will be. In about 3 years. At the advanced age of 23.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#722 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 11, 2021 12:35 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
agreed that is the discussion at this point. Its some combo of Burks/Rose/IQ at the point guard spot. Plenty of options.

Agreed, but we should probably also stop pretending Elf is a PG either

thats probably the most surprising thing I have noticed. I thought he at least was a respectable distributor last year. He couldn't shoot for sh*t and his defense still sucked. But at least he would get his teammates involved.

For some reason this year he kinda just puts his head down and drives to the paint recklessly and either gets blocked or throws up a bad shot. A lot of fast breaks have started from his reckless drives...which explains why we have a team worst NET DEF rating when he is in games.

Late to this part of the discussion.

I think he puts his head down and drives because that's what Thibs wants.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#723 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 11, 2021 1:04 pm

Since there are occasional fantasy posts about players under contract to other teams, some of which at least have vague touches on reality - like Lavine liking Thibs or Beal having connections to WWW - and others are more wishful thinking about teams that might blow it up - Brogdan from the Pacers - I'll throw in another Pacer who sure seems like he'd fit in on a Thibs team.

In spite of his constant whining and resting b*tch face, Sabonis would really be a nice fit. Of course Mitch would have to be satisfied with being better Noel.

Of course, there is no way the Knicks have the assets to get him, nor would Indiana part with a quality caucasian like that.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,908

Post#724 » by cgf » Tue May 11, 2021 1:21 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Since there are occasional fantasy posts about players under contract to other teams, some of which at least have vague touches on reality - like Lavine liking Thibs or Beal having connections to WWW - and others are more wishful thinking about teams that might blow it up - Brogdan from the Pacers - I'll throw in another Pacer who sure seems like he'd fit in on a Thibs team.

In spite of his constant whining and resting b*tch face, Sabonis would really be a nice fit. Of course Mitch would have to be satisfied with being better Noel.

Of course, there is no way the Knicks have the assets to get him, nor would Indiana part with a quality caucasian like that.

Sabonis is an absolute sieve, can't imagine Thibs would be at all happy to play him at the 5.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,262

Post#725 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue May 11, 2021 1:28 pm

cgf wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Since there are occasional fantasy posts about players under contract to other teams, some of which at least have vague touches on reality - like Lavine liking Thibs or Beal having connections to WWW - and others are more wishful thinking about teams that might blow it up - Brogdan from the Pacers - I'll throw in another Pacer who sure seems like he'd fit in on a Thibs team.

Sabonis is an absolute sieve, can't imagine Thibs would be at all happy to play him at the 5.

Yea, Thibs loves having a rim protecting/defensive C so cant really see that as a good target given the cost
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,211

Post#726 » by Kampuchea » Tue May 11, 2021 1:46 pm

I think we have a game today? Let’s nominate a thread creator
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,900

Post#727 » by DaGawd » Tue May 11, 2021 1:54 pm

Kampuchea wrote:I think we have a game today? Let’s nominate a thread creator

Let’s not.. jxl is our savior.. Wait for his arrival
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,539

Post#728 » by cgmw » Tue May 11, 2021 1:58 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

thats probably the most surprising thing I have noticed. I thought he at least was a respectable distributor last year. He couldn't shoot for sh*t and his defense still sucked. But at least he would get his teammates involved.

For some reason this year he kinda just puts his head down and drives to the paint recklessly and either gets blocked or throws up a bad shot. A lot of fast breaks have started from his reckless drives...which explains why we have a team worst NET DEF rating when he is in games.

Reality is Derrick Rose isn’t much of a ball distributor either, but he’s Thibodeau’s savior.

We rank near the bottom of the league in assists and it sure looks to be by design. Thibs asks Rose to take time off the shot clock without turning the ball over. He asks him to be an iso scorer or get the ball to Randle and get out of the way. Occasionally we push the ball, especially with Obi running one-man track meets out there, but not often, and when we do it’s more likely w/Randle or RJ handling the ball.

In fairness we miss Mitch’s lob ability and don’t have a roll man who can finish, but the Thibodeau offense doesn’t seem particularly interested in a ball distributing PG.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,047

Post#729 » by GONYK » Tue May 11, 2021 1:59 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Thibs wants Payton to get a foot in the paint and kick it out to shooters.

That is not what Payton does.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,211

Post#730 » by Kampuchea » Tue May 11, 2021 2:03 pm

DaGawd wrote:

Melo > JXL

Just wait until playoffs and we have no game thread until ducler posts one.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,579

Post#731 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:07 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Melo > JXL

Just wait until playoffs and we have no game thread until ducler posts one.

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,730

Post#732 » by Handledatruth » Tue May 11, 2021 2:07 pm

Sabonis plays D like Kanter. Putting that next to Randle is terrible. We'd be better off with a Horford or Daniel Theis type of player. Otherwise just keep the limited offensive touches, defensive big type (Robinson, Noel).
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,317

Post#733 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue May 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Just got around to watching the game last night. I can't get over rose man. I was fine with the trade given we gave up next to nothing and he had adjusted his game since his first stint here. Who would've thought he'd be *this* important to the team tho?

Last 12 games he's putting up 18.9 ppg 3.3 rpg 5 apg on 58/51/88 splits (66.4% TS!). He doesn't force shots, makes good decisions and takes advantage of what the defense gives him. The only scary thing is now you just hope he stays healthy because if they do lose him their short term ceiling is a lot lower.

Most of us didn't want obi, but i think knicks lucked out in one respect with him: i'm sure he wants to play more, but he realizes he can't do anything about it right now. So instead of moping around he's just making the best of his situation by working hard to improve. His awareness and comfort level out there is clearly improved vs earlier in the season. Even if it's only 10 mpg he's proving to be helpful out there. It's great to see.

And bullock is just a **** flame thrower man. I love watching him shoot.
cgf
RealGM

Post#734 » by cgf » Tue May 11, 2021 2:46 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:Just got around to watching the game last night. I can't get over rose man. I was fine with the trade given we gave up next to nothing and he had adjusted his game since his first stint here. Who would've thought he'd be *this* important to the team tho?

Last 12 games he's putting up 18.9 ppg 3.3 rpg 5 apg on 58/51/88 splits (66.4% TS!). He doesn't force shots, makes good decisions and takes advantage of what the defense gives him. The only scary thing is now you just hope he stays healthy because if they do lose him their short term ceiling is a lot lower.

Most of us didn't want obi, but i think knicks lucked out in one respect with him: i'm sure he wants to play more, but he realizes he can't do anything about it right now. So instead of moping around he's just making the best of his situation by working hard to improve. His awareness and comfort level out there is clearly improved vs earlier in the season. Even if it's only 10 mpg he's proving to be helpful out there. It's great to see.

And bullock is just a **** flame thrower man. I love watching him shoot.

Yeah, whether it works out or not, they definitely got the kind of person that they wanted with Obi (& IQ).

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,429

Post#735 » by JXL » Tue May 11, 2021 2:47 pm

DaGawd wrote:

BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#736 » by BugginOut » Tue May 11, 2021 4:06 pm

Remember when people were mad Bullock was getting minutes over Kevin Knox lol
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#737 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 11, 2021 6:32 pm

cgf wrote:

Al Horford then?
cgf
RealGM

Post#738 » by cgf » Tue May 11, 2021 6:47 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
cgf wrote:

Al Horford then?

We've already got our rim runner, let's focus on the backcourt :wink:

Return to New York Knicks