ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Clippers PG

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,650

Re: Knicks - Clippers PG 

Post#681 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon May 10, 2021 8:51 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Is it really shaking up the rotation when you are just trying to find a replacement for 16 minutes.

I just call it trying to optimize the rotation.

I think we all understand Thibs dropped his minutes because he isn't good and we have better players. I'm saying if he isn't good and thibs is dropping his minutes because of it does that justify playing him at all?

I don't think there is any situation in which continuously trying to get better and optimize a process ever stops. If that was the case why don't we just bring payton back next year instead of trying to improve the position? We are winning so f*ck it lets bring him back?
Because there's an opportunity in the off season to get a better player. There isn't currently.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

And I 100% disagree with that statement. I've already listed 4 players I would rather see than Payton. And that doesn't include Harper who I would give a shot too over him. Maybe even a 6th player they wanted to give Luca a shot and he was cleared to play.
This statement completely ignores practice. Because we haven't seen players doesn't mean Thibs hasn't seen it and disliked it. We usually see the best product not all the trials.

There's more to the team than what we see.

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,650

Post#682 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon May 10, 2021 8:53 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Some ppl still love sighting our players.

Water is wet.

This **** was shooting like 16% from 3 to start the season lmao hes closer to 50 now..... His FTs are pretty automatic. He's made MAJOR strides this season at 20 **** years old.

He has a very similar game to Paul Pierce. He's goingto be a **** assassin. I couldn't give a **** less what some moronic exec thinks. Same exec that wouldhave penciled us for 20 wins.

This is the long time burden of being a Knicks fan. Soon, the tables will be turned. Bwa ha ha

Word already started. This same exec next year is gona be on RJ's bandwagon. I hate how these corny mfers never put they name out there. Put your damn money where ur mouth is. Stop making critiques n statements behind closed doors.
Nobody gives attribution. It is poor etiquette and dangerous to reveal sources.

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,897

Post#683 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:56 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:This is the long time burden of being a Knicks fan. Soon, the tables will be turned. Bwa ha ha

Word already started. This same exec next year is gona be on RJ's bandwagon. I hate how these corny mfers never put they name out there. Put your damn money where ur mouth is. Stop making critiques n statements behind closed doors.
Nobody gives attribution. It is poor etiquette and dangerous to reveal sources.

I mean I know why they remain anonymous it's just wack to hear back chatter. This same exec will deny all accounts and try and sign and or trade for RJ when he's a FA.
Nyk88
Bench Warmer
And1: 175

Post#684 » by Nyk88 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:04 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Some ppl still love sighting our players.

Water is wet.

This **** was shooting like 16% from 3 to start the season lmao hes closer to 50 now..... His FTs are pretty automatic. He's made MAJOR strides this season at 20 **** years old.

He has a very similar game to Paul Pierce. He's goingto be a **** assassin. I couldn't give a **** less what some moronic exec thinks. Same exec that wouldhave penciled us for 20 wins.
Maybe it's internal motivation. Maybe we're trying to stoke his fire.

I was just thinking about this and I thought about the movie Waterboy when the coach was like “Water sucks, Gatorade is better..........use it in the game”.

We’re just trying to activate his playoff mode lol
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#685 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:10 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Some ppl still love sighting our players.

Water is wet.

Maybe it's internal motivation. Maybe we're trying to stoke his fire.

Lmao thought the same thing, I wouldn't put it passed Rose to use this tactic. But I'm sure someone did say it and RJ loves it, eats that **** up, that's what u love.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,013

Post#686 » by stuporman » Mon May 10, 2021 9:16 pm

snadler wrote:Has Rose played enough games to qualify for 6th man of the year, Randle is pretty much a shoe in for comeback player of the year

Comeback player of the year for Randle? Where did he go to come back from? I think you mean MIP... :lol:

Rose would be a comeback of the year candidate with all his injuries if he doesn't qualify for 6MOY.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,013

Post#687 » by stuporman » Mon May 10, 2021 9:23 pm

HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

RJ doesn't view NBA Exec as capable of assembling anything more than a pile of garbage to set on fire. :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Post#688 » by moocow007 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:44 pm

BKlutch wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
Oscirus wrote:That guy is such a ham :x Of course hed come back for the game that would get his profile the most attention

Everybody wants...nay...NEEDS to be a part of the Knicks when they at the top of the mountain. But only a select few gladiators want to lead us to that peak.

Knicks fan since 1970. Man, that's been a long road for me.

We need to get you and Wingo live on our postgame stream cast. Wingo's already been on our voice podcast. Love to hear from guys that have experienced the full gamut of the Knicks existence.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,546

Post#689 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:50 pm

Oscirus wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Unfortunately said exec is some clown from the west coast so he wont feel rj's wrath

RJ to all his slanderers
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,793

Post#690 » by HerSports85 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:59 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Unfortunately said exec is some clown from the west coast so he wont feel rj's wrath

RJ to all his slanderers

I love the disrespect, RJ sees it all and using it for fuel. Keep feeding him
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,264

Post#691 » by Oscirus » Mon May 10, 2021 10:17 pm

they somehow reversed

though cant be too mad if the suns coach won coy would still give it to thibs
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,133

Post#692 » by waya » Mon May 10, 2021 10:32 pm

Oscirus wrote:they somehow reversed

With all due respect to Monty, CP3 can probably drag a Juco team to the playoffs somehow.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#693 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:32 pm

Oscirus wrote:they somehow reversed

Love Canty but his statement is so flawed. His statement he makes about nobody expected the suns to be this good is TAILOR MADE for the Knicks.

Nobody on the planet thought we would be a top 4 seed. Thibs should run away with COTY. Most ppl expected the Suns to be a very good team. The Knicks were lottery bound. Vegas had us at 20 wins..... It's not a contest anymore at this point. We just beat the Clippers without 2 KEY players for us. I'm not even mentioning Mitch bc he's been out.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,433

Post#694 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 10, 2021 11:02 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Of course LeBron is coming back for our game. Of course he is!

That guy is such a ham :x Of course hed come back for the game that would get his profile the most attention

Everybody wants...nay...NEEDS to be a part of the Knicks when they at the top of the mountain. But only a select few gladiators want to lead us to that peak.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,627

Post#695 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 10, 2021 11:06 pm

moocow007 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:

Knicks fan since 1970. Man, that's been a long road for me.

We need to get you and Wingo live on our postgame stream cast. Wingo's already been on our voice podcast. Love to hear from guys that have experienced the full gamut of the Knicks existence.

Funny fact is that Klutch and I went to the same high school but at different time. He’s much much older.
Free Palestine
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#696 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 10, 2021 11:08 pm

D Mitchell wasn't that great a finisher as a rook and didn't/doesn't have amazing athletic gifts or extraordinary talent. RJ is able to dribble well enough to get inside, likes contact and is big ... and he already has shown that he has good footwork. I think it's 50-50 on him becoming pretty difficult to stop in the paint eventually. And if he does he's perennial All Star and a guy who plays to win.

He is also a workhorse.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,878

Post#697 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:12 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#698 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 10, 2021 11:12 pm

As always, it's never really changed, people put way too much in how much a guy pops athletically or fluidly. It does matter, don't get me wrong, but Harold Minor was not a good player and Mark Jackson was. It is just one aspect of the overall mix and not the necessary thing many continue to scout like it is.

That's a mistake. Some of the best players are not the most gifted athletes.

And if RJ had that kind of kinetic energy in his legs, he'd be generational (or thereabouts, at least an elite wing during his playing days, which he still has a chance to be in the range of if he refines his game). He's a big wing with guard skills. You take it and run.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#699 » by cgf » Mon May 10, 2021 11:19 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Knicks fan since 1970. Man, that's been a long road for me.

Funny fact is that Klutch and I went to the same high school but at different time. He’s much much older.

cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,567

Post#700 » by Knick4Real » Mon May 10, 2021 11:21 pm

HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love when folks underestimate us. Keep it going... :lol:

Return to New York Knicks