ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA - Round 2 - New Thread!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,550

Re: Around The NBA - Round 2 - New Thread!!! 

Post#561 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Fury wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Utah gives me a glimmer of hope that the Knicks can build a legitimately good team if they trade for or sign Zach Lavine while keeping their core intact.

I think Lavine is the epitome of a player who's never been in the right situation. But his scoring efficiency is elite, he's a dynamic and fluid perimeter player in the mold of Mitchell (perhaps not as good), Murray or Booker. He's just not a floor raiser, but add him to a solid core of players with a strong defensive identity and he elevates your ceiling significantly.

Lavine-Randle-RJ is the only way to go if you're neither team tank or team Dameism.

I think he'd be great but I don't think Chicago is going to trade him and if they wanted to trade him, we don't have much to offer.

It largely depends on his willingness to leave Chicago. I personally believe the Bulls as currently constructed are doomed, and that he has no shot at making the playoffs next year with the core they have put together. So does he want to rot in Chicago or does he want to finally be relevant in New York?

I think 3 or 4 firsts and a young player would be a fair offer for a player who's technically a threat to leave (assuming he does use that leverage), especially when you consider Chicago's lack of draft capital. If they get a top 4 pick in this year's lottery, it could change everything, obviously. But Lavine is not exactly proven anyway, frankly speaking.

To add to this, his contract is about to expire next year, and it has been reported that he's going to decline any contract extension from the bulls this summer. They'd be wise to deal him for something rather than let him walk and get nothing in return.

That said, we should only really sign him if we get assurances that he'll be here long term and will sign an extension. To me he seems like a west coast kinda guy, born in washington, huge kobe fan growing up, went to school at UCLA. I would think his most likely destination would be the lakers
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,876

Post#562 » by DaGawd » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:32 pm

Huge L for Harden
BaF
Washington Wizards
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,353

Post#563 » by robillionaire » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:36 pm

DaGawd wrote:Image

Huge L for Harden

Never realized he was down that bad
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#564 » by WargamesX » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:41 pm

robillionaire wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Image

Huge L for Harden

Never realized he was down that bad

Even if a date is a euphemism for more than just a date :nonono:

Game recognize, game and Harden is looking real unfamiliar :lol:
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,251

Post#565 » by Oscirus » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:13 pm

Shiyit if James got the money to do such things, why not
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,372

Post#566 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:17 pm

Wow
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#567 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:03 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Wow
Read on Twitter

:lol: Did you guys watch the interview the Nets announcers had with Durant after the beatdown the Nets laid on the Bucks? The announcer asked Durant about where he's at physically after the Achilles then and Durant basically said 'what the **** is wrong with you? what kind of stupid question was that?". What an a-hole.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,899

Post#568 » by SelbyCobra » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:17 pm

Read on Twitter

This is funny at first - of course Durant is the player that has a bodyguard rush the floor and assault another player during a tense moment.

But thinking about it after the initial stupidity/hilarity/ridiculousness of the whole thing, it's actually a really bad/f*cked up situation. A player's personal bodyguard, who is technically an employee of the team, rushed the court and got involved in a physical altercation. They're pressing charges on fans who don't belong on the floor simply for entering the playing space. This is like 10 levels worse.

I'm curious to see how the league handles this. At the very minimum the bodyguard is fired and banned from NBA games for life, I'd think.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,715

Post#569 » by aggo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:46 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is funny at first - of course Durant is the player that has a bodyguard rush the floor and assault another player during a tense moment.

But thinking about it after the initial stupidity/hilarity/ridiculousness of the whole thing, it's actually a really bad/f*cked up situation. A player's personal bodyguard, who is technically an employee of the team, rushed the court and got involved in a physical altercation. They're pressing charges on fans who don't belong on the floor simply for entering the playing space. This is like 10 levels worse.

I'm curious to see how the league handles this. At the very minimum the bodyguard is fired and banned from NBA games for life, I'd think.

guys its ok bc at one point this also happened:

Montmorencie
Rookie
And1: 824

Post#570 » by Montmorencie » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:50 pm

Durant should be suspended for game 4.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,914

Post#571 » by Capn'O » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:37 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

Absolutely. From a player's perspective, a plain clothes man ran on to the court and attempted to enter an altercation. Arena security had to get involved. That could have ended really badly.

This is not funny at all.* They need to set a precedent. The one time I wish Stern was still in charge. He would throw down.

Spoiler:
Ok, it would be pretty funny if somebody queued up Whitney Houston's "And IIIIIIIIIII will always love youuuuuuuu" in sync with the video where The Bodyguard enters the scene in slo-mo. But, the event itself is very serious.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,195

Post#572 » by TheGreenArrow » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I can see it!!!!!!!!

Everybody loves thibs!!!!!!!
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,406

Post#573 » by KnicksGod » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:46 pm

I don’t know can the Jazz take this? Seems so.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#574 » by HEZI » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:50 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I can see it!!!!!!!!

The new Austin Rivers :lol:
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,975

Post#575 » by Fury » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:08 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I can see it!!!!!!!!

Damn he averaged 8 rebounds a game?
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,728

Post#576 » by HerSports85 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:17 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I can see it!!!!!!!!

Sign me up. Already had him on my FA list. His defense and rebounding is underrated. He’d be a good fit off the bench with IQ.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,103

Post#577 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:18 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
Fury wrote:
I think he'd be great but I don't think Chicago is going to trade him and if they wanted to trade him, we don't have much to offer.

It largely depends on his willingness to leave Chicago. I personally believe the Bulls as currently constructed are doomed, and that he has no shot at making the playoffs next year with the core they have put together. So does he want to rot in Chicago or does he want to finally be relevant in New York?

I think 3 or 4 firsts and a young player would be a fair offer for a player who's technically a threat to leave (assuming he does use that leverage), especially when you consider Chicago's lack of draft capital. If they get a top 4 pick in this year's lottery, it could change everything, obviously. But Lavine is not exactly proven anyway, frankly speaking.

To add to this, his contract is about to expire next year, and it has been reported that he's going to decline any contract extension from the bulls this summer. They'd be wise to deal him for something rather than let him walk and get nothing in return.

That said, we should only really sign him if we get assurances that he'll be here long term and will sign an extension. To me he seems like a west coast kinda guy, born in washington, huge kobe fan growing up, went to school at UCLA. I would think his most likely destination would be the lakers

I have lots of confidence that Chicago is gonna shat the bag next season. I was really confused when those guys gave up everything for Vuc.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,864

Post#578 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:25 pm

Montmorencie wrote:Durant should be suspended for game 4.

And then put in covid protocol bc hes a tampon and who knows where he's been.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,251

Post#579 » by Oscirus » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:37 pm

So we're just letting civilians on the court now? Unless pj tuckerwas reaching into his shorts, theres no reason the bodyguard shouldve been there
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
offense
RealGM
And1: 4,361

Post#580 » by offense » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:43 pm

Trae going for 40.

Return to New York Knicks