ImageImageImageImageImage

Who will the Knicks Target? Here's a List of REALISTIC Players

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Re: Who will the Knicks Target? Here's a List of REALISTIC Players 

Post#181 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:25 pm

Appleshampoo wrote:How about Norman Powell, TJ McConnell, and Will Barton.

None of these guys can create easy shots for both themselves and others.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,554

Post#182 » by Guano » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:29 pm

this thread is depressing
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Appleshampoo
Starter
And1: 920

Post#183 » by Appleshampoo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:34 pm

moocow007 wrote:

Really? It seemed like in fantasy basketball McConnell had 15 assist nights once a week. Barton and Powell would be upgrades to Bullock and Burks.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,574

Post#184 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:36 pm

moocow007 wrote:

surely that can't be the barometer for who gets picked up, only stars can do that and lord knows those aren't readily available
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,698

Post#185 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:42 pm

Guano wrote:this thread is depressing

:nod: :cry:

Sometimes the grass isn't always greener somewhere else. Sometimes you're just better off sticking with what worked and making small improvement as opposed to wholesale changes. I think we were 22-10 (or something like that) after DRose.
Free Palestine
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#186 » by WargamesX » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:44 pm

cgf wrote:Oubre has the looks, but not the game.

Reminds me on Moneyball :nod:
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#187 » by WargamesX » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:45 pm

Guano wrote:this thread is depressing

Only if we go in this year
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#188 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:45 pm

Appleshampoo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Really? It seemed like in fantasy basketball McConnell had 15 assist nights once a week. Barton and Powell would be upgrades to Bullock and Burks.

McConnel is coming off his most productive offensive season of his 6 year career and he managed just 8.6ppg and 6.6apg. Yes he shot 55% from the field but that's because he only took 7 shots a game and didn't try things he can't do offensively. That's not what the Knicks need for at starting PG.

Barton and Powell being upgrades over Bullock and Burks? Sure. But it doesn't mean that their elevated salaries are going to be worth it respective to Bullock or Burks is going to make it worth it.

Do you really believe that if the Knicks had these 3 guys instead of Bullock and Burks that they'd have made it past Atlanta? I don't.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#189 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:46 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

surely that can't be the barometer for who gets picked up, only stars can do that and lord knows those aren't readily available

So you want to eat up the bulk of the salary cap adding more role players? The Knicks are one of the least talented teams in the NBA That IS the reason they got hammered by the Hawks. These 3 guys don't really add the type of talent that would have made them significantly more talented than the counterparts that they would have replaced (Rose, Burks and Bullock). You got MAYBE one beta, and a couple gamma or deltas. That's not going to be enough.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,698

Post#190 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:47 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Appleshampoo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

McConnel is coming off his most productive offensive season of his 6 year career and he managed just 8.6ppg and 6.6apg. Yes he shot 55% from the field but that's because he only took 7 shots a game and didn't try things he can't do offensively. That's not what the Knicks need for at starting PG.

Barton and Powell being upgrades over Bullock and Burks? Sure. But it doesn't mean that their elevated salaries are going to be worth it respective to Bullock or Burks is going to make it worth it.

Do you really believe that if the Knicks had these 3 guys instead of Bullock and Burks that they'd have made it past Atlanta? I don't.

Are you going to be the first to break 100,000 posts?

Oops, never mind. I forgot that shammgod was on his third 100,000.
Free Palestine
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#191 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:48 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Appleshampoo wrote:

We already have an 100,000 post guy I believe on one of the other boards. I suspect him of being a robot but haven't been able to prove it.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#192 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:49 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Appleshampoo wrote:

Oops, never mind. I forgot that shammgod was on his third 100,000.

I believe I have the record for word count though.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#193 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:56 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

So you want to eat up the bulk of the salary cap adding more role players? The Knicks are one of the least talented teams in the NBA That IS the reason they got hammered by the Hawks. These 3 guys don't really add the type of talent that would have made them significantly more talented than the counterparts that they would have replaced (Rose, Burks and Bullock).

I don't necessarily disagree because those guys don't really move the needle. The short-term guys we picked up last year (Rose, Burks and Bullock) played their way into probably getting a nice new deal either with us or another team.

Is the play really just to sign scraps to 1 year deals until a superstar says they want to play in NY?
Appleshampoo
Starter

Post#194 » by Appleshampoo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:57 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Appleshampoo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

I would want Rose resigned if McConnel were added. I think Bullock and Burks are going to require require elevated salaries from last year. Bullock at $4 million is great, but I'm worried he resigns for 3 years at a higher salary.

I would prefer the improved perimeter defense and all around games of Barton and Powell. The salaries probably range from $12-18 so I get the concern.

Does Barton, Powell, McConnell (and Mitch) instead of Payton, Burks, and Bullock move the needle versus the Hawks? I think it does, but I agree the Knicks are better off adding a major talent.
Appleshampoo
Starter

Post#195 » by Appleshampoo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:59 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

So you want to eat up the bulk of the salary cap adding more role players? The Knicks are one of the least talented teams in the NBA That IS the reason they got hammered by the Hawks. These 3 guys don't really add the type of talent that would have made them significantly more talented than the counterparts that they would have replaced (Rose, Burks and Bullock).

I don't necessarily disagree because those guys don't really move the needle. The short-term guys we picked up last year (Rose, Burks and Bullock) played their way into probably getting a nice new deal either with us or another team.

Is the play really just to sign scraps to 1 year deals until a superstar says they want to play in NY?

That's what I'm wondering. There's no easy play unless a superstar wants in.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#196 » by John Murdoch » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:01 pm

Yall want Schruder?
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#197 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:01 pm

John Murdoch wrote:Yall want Schruder?

nah we watched the playoffs
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#198 » by John Murdoch » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:06 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:

Trust me most of us hate him too , jus curiois as to what his market will be in FA everyone keeps sayin knicks :dontknow:
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#199 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:06 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

But we've tried this already. No superstar of any worth is going to want to play in NY if the Knicks don't have serious talent in place. The only superstars that have wanted to come to the Knicks low talent teams in the past 20+ years are guys from NY who come in with "fire and desire" and, because they can't perform miracles, get run out of town. That works great theoretically but not really realistically or the Knicks wouldn't still be in the situation they are in.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#200 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:07 pm

John Murdoch wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

Trust me most of us hate him too , jus curiois as to what his market will be in FA everyone keeps sayin knicks :dontknow:

Why do you guys hate him? Cause he couldn't replace Davis as the Robin to Lebron's Batman after AD got injured?

Return to New York Knicks