ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Bucks Win The Title Discussion

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Re: Around the NBA - Bucks Win The Title Discussion 

Post#341 » by Adelheid » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:42 am

Noel big fella...go get paid. You've earned it.
Just not on the Knicks though.

Hafta renounce Frank to remove huge cap hold and resign with a new much lower contract if they want to retain him.

Now Mitch Robinson. I can see reasons why the FO would not want to commit big money to him.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,347

Post#342 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:52 am

Adelheid wrote:Noel big fella...go get paid. You've earned it.

Hafta renounce Frank to remove huge cap hold and resign with a new much lower contract if they want to retain him.

Now Mitch Robinson. I can see reasons why the FO would not want to commit big money to him.

They've got time with Mitch, though I guess they risk him being an RFA after, correct?

Love him or not, I think Mitch CAN'T get dealt with until they get at least one big time player under contract (sorry Julius, don't mean you) and probably even another signing.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,454

Post#343 » by FrozenEnvelope » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:12 pm

Refreshing to see a likeable star like Giannis and a small market team like Milwaukee win it the right way. The super team route just isn't the same.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#344 » by moocow007 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Adelheid wrote:Noel big fella...go get paid. You've earned it.

They've got time with Mitch, though I guess they risk him being an RFA after, correct?

Love him or not, I think Mitch CAN'T get dealt with until they get at least one big time player under contract (sorry Julius, don't mean you) and probably even another signing.

Yeah I can't see the Knicks trading Mitch unless it's in a mega buster deal. Had he been in his expected peak form the Hawks series could have been very different. I would expect the Knicks will want to see what (knock on wood) a healthy Mitch can do with this cast (and whatever they can add in this offseason).
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#345 » by moocow007 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:48 pm

What's nice to me to see is that the Bucks roster is full of guys that are just super smart and competitive guys that goes out and does what needs to get done. Of course it's easy to do that if you know that Giannis is behind you.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#346 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:54 pm

oseubas wrote:Refreshing to see a likeable star like Giannis and a small market team like Milwaukee win it the right way. The super team route just isn't the same.

I'm going to have to beg to differ on Giannis being this super likable star.

Does he have a nice story? Yes
Was it cool he was drafted 15th and not initially expected to be great? Sure.

But I don't see his on court persona as particularly likable. I mean, are there bigger d*chebags in the NBA? Absolutely.
I just think his constant flexing and glaring after nearly every basket gets kind of old.
I don't really see him behavior as different than any other NBA star.
Adelheid
RealGM

Post#347 » by Adelheid » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:55 pm

Giannis can get his, but it was nice to see him as the batman of the team, allow Mids and Jrue to dominate the ball a bit and actually set screens for them.
ItsPajama
Rookie
And1: 1,167

Post#348 » by ItsPajama » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:56 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
oseubas wrote:Refreshing to see a likeable star like Giannis and a small market team like Milwaukee win it the right way. The super team route just isn't the same.

But I don't see his on court persona as particularly likable. I mean, are there bigger d*chebags in the NBA? Absolutely.
I just think his constant flexing and glaring after nearly every basket gets kind of old.

Sound soft as hell
Adelheid
RealGM

Post#349 » by Adelheid » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:00 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

You are right. He is just like the competitive players of the 90's who like to talk **** on the court and do occasional staredowns.
Dirk and Duncan types are rare.

Its good to see a throwback attitude player win the Larry. Superteams are nice for the instant publicity of the league but they are anti-competitive imo.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,186

Post#350 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:02 pm

ItsPajama wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Sound soft as hell

There are way softer, especially across the river and just outside New York
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#351 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:04 pm

ItsPajama wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Sound soft as hell

What's soft about it?

I'm pointing out he acts like every other NBA player. There's nothing inherently likable or dislikable about him.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,008

Post#352 » by god shammgod » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:06 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

it's funny because i just read this whole thing where it talked about he was a huge westbrook fan and one day he decided to do that because westbrook did it. it's kind of just an act.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#353 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:06 pm

Adelheid wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

You are right. He is just like the competitive players of the 90's who like to talk **** on the court and do occasional staredowns.
Dirk and Duncan types are rare.

Its good to see a throwback attitude player win the Larry. Superteams are nice for the instant publicity of the league but they are anti-competitive imo.

I don't like superteams at all. At least not the "Instant Superteams" of recent memory.
I'm glad the Bucks won. It would have cool if Phoenix won.
I'm not seeing anything inherently more "likable" in Giannis than I would in Chris Paul or Devin Booker or name good player X
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#354 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:08 pm

god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

it's funny because i just read this whole thing where it talked about he was a huge westbrook fan and one day he decided to do that because westbrook did it. it's kind of just an act.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Then it's phony and corny and less than likable.
Unless you just consider all showbiz and not really care.
I don't really care and therefore makes Giannis just about like any other player.

I dunno. Maybe produce articles where he spends all his time in child cancer wards or something.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,008

Post#355 » by god shammgod » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:14 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I don't really care and therefore makes Giannis just about like any other player.

I dunno. Maybe produce articles where he spends all his time in child cancer wards or something.

i don't really care personally. i've never been concerned with who is perceived as a good guy or not. it's just about talent to me. the idea that you can know someone by how they speak to the media is silly anyway. it's a bad way to judge a person.
Adelheid
RealGM

Post#356 » by Adelheid » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:14 pm

It will be the Giannis show until the NBA draft hits hahaha
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#357 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:15 pm

god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

i don't really care personally. i've never been concerned with who is perceived as a good guy or not. it's just about talent to me. the idea that you can know someone by how they speak to the media is silly anyway. it's a bad way to judge a person.

Yup, that's my point.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,454

Post#358 » by FrozenEnvelope » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:01 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

I'm very anti LeBron/KD/super teams so Giannis is automatically just more likeable to me. But I get what you're saying but I don't think he's that bad on the court. I don't think he complains or hunt for fouls or flops as much as some of the others.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,493

Post#359 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:21 pm

game 7 gonna be lit af tonight
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,002

Post#360 » by DaGawd » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:47 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:game 7 gonna be lit af tonight

:lol:

We need rumors.. NOW
BaF
Washington Wizards

Return to New York Knicks